• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

nicely done
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
      From The Game Notes

TOURNAMENT TIEBREAKERS: In the event that the number of wins is not enough to determine a Tournament Champion the tiebreaker system will be as follows. Head-to-head, fewest goals against, Points (3 for a regulation win, 2 for an overtime win, 1 for a shootout win) and highest goal differential over the entire tournament.

SHOOTOUT: During the Turkey Leg Classic a shootout will be used to determine a winner if the game is tied following the completion of the 60-minute regulation play and a, five-on-five, five-minute overtime. The last time that UMass Lowell was involved in a shootout was the 2015 Friendship Four Tournament. UML defeated Brown, 1-0, in the shootout to claim the Tournament Championship.
      Thanks a bunch! I thought this was in response to the tie but really it was a jinx!
      Originally posted by northeastern View Post
      nicely done
      Hmm, well. That was a nail biter!

Comment

Penn State thew everything they had at Lowell in that third period and it took a 2 man advantage to get it tied for the Nittany Lions. Impressive stuff for Lowell tonight on the defensive end, Penn State's power play I believe is 1st in the nation right now. Lowell killed off 6 penalties before they finally converted in the last minute.

I was impressed with Lowell's breakout game tonight a lot more fluid this week. I hate to be the guy yelling SHOOOOTTTT but yeah a few instances tonight of Lowell trying to be a little to cute with the extra pass.

I don't think I need to harp on the Lee penalty, but yeah DON'T DO THAT

Great TEAM win tonight for Lowell

When do we put up the banner?
        Last edited by Turk_Sanderson; 11-30-2019, 09:25 PM.
        Tully Rink Rat
        Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
        Youngstar
        UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by turk_sanderson View Post

i was impressed with lowell's breakout game tonight a lot more fluid this week. I hate to be the guy yelling shooootttt but yeah numerous instances this entire weekend of lowell trying to be a little to cute with the extra pass.
          fyp
          Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
          "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

One thing that hasn't really been mentioned yet about tonight - they pulled this off without 2 of their top defensemen (McDonald and Barton).
            Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
            "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottK View Post
              One thing that hasn't really been mentioned yet about tonight - they pulled this off without 2 of their top defensemen (McDonald and Barton).
              We won one break it could have went the other way

Comment

The Brown penalty was bad too. Thankfully they didn't decide on a major after reviewing it.

Comment

I've seen many a penalty in my time. I can't currently recall one more egregious, stupid, and unnecessary. Lee had a great weekend, but that penalty shouldn't happen for a multitude of reasons.
                  Lowell Forever
                  Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                    The Brown penalty was bad too. Thankfully they didn't decide on a major after reviewing it.
                    Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                    I've seen many a penalty in my time. I can't currently recall one more egregious, stupid, and unnecessary. Lee had a great weekend, but that penalty shouldn't happen for a multitude of reasons.
                    Both those were bad. Not only because they took the penalties, there was no need for either of those to happen.

But a huge win for the team last night. Helps tremendously with the national rankings as well. Three wins against Top 10 teams this year now (UMD, PC and PSU).

Tyler Wall deserves a huge shout out for Hobey at this point.
                    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

The boarding call on Brown was sold well by the Penn State player, looked worse than it was imo, happened about 10 ft away from me. Clayton Phillps was on the wrong end of the hit from Brown. He had been jawing all night with a few of the River Hawks. He was also called for 2 penalties himself a high stick in the 1st and the holding call in OT which lead to the goal.

That right pad save Tyler Wall made in OT was incredible, game should have been over at that point.

Not putting the cart before the horse with Providence, this is going to be another weekend of grind it out hockey.
                      Tully Rink Rat
                      Youngstar
                      UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                        Both those were bad. Not only because they took the penalties, there was no need for either of those to happen.

But a huge win for the team last night. Helps tremendously with the national rankings as well. Three wins against Top 10 teams this year now (UMD, PC and PSU).

Tyler Wall deserves a huge shout out for Hobey at this point.
                        He was the reason we were in it. Didn't even get a shoutout with one of the stars of the game

I know we are ranked and we are good but I never feel a sense of confidence watching these guys like I did with the teams that we had who went to the F4. They make a lot of plays that confuse me (PLEASE!!1!!1!1 stop passing out to the front of the net or in front of the net!!) and some of them are downright baffling. Wall has been the difference.

Comment

It is 40 percent off Single Game Tickets at Merrimack today only using code CYBER

Lowell plays two away games at Merrimack this year

01/04

&

02/08
                          Tully Rink Rat
                          Youngstar
                          UML Class of 09

Comment

Tyler Wall is the HE defensive player of the week again.

The hawks are very fortunate to have Tyler playing like this, but this level of play will be difficult to sustain. They need to work on getting more shots on net. I was happy to see the Dmen get some goals from the point this weekend. Hopefully they continue to improve and if Stefanson returns next semester he can provide a boost to the offense as well.

Comment

Lowell beats RPI and Penn State and loses a spot in the ranking.

Northeastern bears Colgate and UNH and gains four spots.

Makes sense.
                              Lowell Forever
                              Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                                Lowell beats RPI and Penn State and loses a spot in the ranking.

Northeastern beats Colgate and UNH and gains four spots.

Makes sense.
                                No, it doesn't. You deserve a better rating, certainly ahead of PC. Hockey East has been so maligned recently that it's encouraging to have five teams in the top 20 and 6 in the top 21 (Maine earned it.) It is even more fund to see bu with ZERO votes and Minnesota with exactly ONE (1) vote. Meanwhile, Mankato is #1. If the Goophers lose their one vote, will the U. shut down classes until they get it back?

Comment

Working...
                                X