UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

Lowell answers the bell again and do it on the road with a team this banged up is pretty impressive. Power play looked better as the game went along. Nice to see Charlie finally get one in the goal column.

35 shot attempted for Lowell with only 16 shot on goal for Lowell. Compared to Providence who had 65 attempts and 37 shots on goal. It did feel like Lowell had some good stretches last night and the power play got better as the game went along.

The penalty kill especially did a great job after giving up a goal on the 1st kill attempt. In 4 minutes of 5 on 4 play Providence only registered 1 shot, credit to Colin O'Neal here who had a great game on the PK. Also great gamesmanship by Blackmun to get Sukumaran to draw a roughing call to get us to 4 on 4 play in the 2nd.

Tonight should be extra chippy on the ice. After Kenny potted the penalty shot he cruised by the Friar bench and started jawing in the direction. He had run in with Shane Kavanaugh early in the 1st. A lot of chirping back and forth the whole night between teams.

Oh yeah and Tyler Wall for Hobey.....
    Tully Rink Rat
    Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
    Youngstar
    UML Class of 09

Comment

A disappointing results last night after the win on Friday. Another game where the Hawks had to play from behind. For the most part I thought the team played well and even had the better of the play at times. They had their chances but struggled again to put the puck into the net.

I'll take 10-4-4, tied for 2nd place in HE and #13 in the pairwise at the break. It's time to take care of business in the classroom and get healthy for the second half.

Game highlights. How did Blackmun miss that open net at the end of the 2nd period?
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEjE...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Just felt like it wasn't in the cards for Lowell last night

Inserts cliche saying of it's hard to beat a good team three times....

This team need some rest
        Tully Rink Rat
        Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
        Youngstar
        UML Class of 09

Comment

From the Sun's game recap. Reid Stefanson is back on the ice.

UML is hoping to get injured defensemen Jon McDonald and Seth Barton back after the Christmas break at some point. Also, promising sophomore forward Reid Stefanson, out all season with an injury, has begun to skate.
          https://www.lowellsun.com/2019/12/07...st-providence/

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
            From the Sun's game recap. Reid Stefanson is back on the ice.

https://www.lowellsun.com/2019/12/07...st-providence/
            Does anyone know what the injury to Reid is? Did someone say he's been in a boot?

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
              It looks like Eric Green may be leaving the program as he was added to the Muskegon Lumberjacks roster today. Sometimes these transactions don't pan out (see BC's Wahlstrom last season), but given Eric has yet to play in a game, this move wouldn't surprise me.
              https://***********/USHLHockeyOps/st...869957121?s=20
              It looks like Eric Green is no longer on the current roster.

https://goriverhawks.com/sports/mens...roster/2019-20

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                It looks like Eric Green is no longer on the current roster.

https://goriverhawks.com/sports/mens...roster/2019-20
                Goalie should b interesting next I do believe Neaton will b the next top notch for Uml going to b interesting grad student another jr a transfer or

Comment

Originally posted by chiefs11 View Post
                  Goalie should b interesting next I do believe Neaton will b the next top notch for Uml going to b interesting grad student another jr a transfer or
                  Aidan Harper is listed as a 2020 recruit, but he's barely playing in the USHL (and his numbers so far in 6 games aren't great).
                  Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                  2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                    Aidan Harper is listed as a 2020 recruit, but he's barely playing in the USHL (and his numbers so far in 6 games aren't great).
                    I forgot about him if he gets to Uml. Next year that’s what I was getting at thin position it will all work out

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                      Harper is seeing more playing time lately while Ethan Haider is playing for the USA in the World Jr A Challenge. I'm a little surprised he hasn't move to a team where he could get more playing time.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                        Harper is seeing more playing time lately while Ethan Haider is playing for the USA in the World Jr A Challenge. I'm a little surprised he hasn't move to a team where he could get more playing time.
                        He was named the #1 Star last night, making 28 saves in a 5-0 shutout win for his team.
                        Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                          He was named the #1 Star last night, making 28 saves in a 5-0 shutout win for his team.
                          Great to see he was second star not long ago also so it looked like he just needed games

Comment

Well I wasn't expecting this, but it sounds like a great idea. We'll have to add Eric to the recruiting watch list.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                              Well I wasn't expecting this, but it sounds like a great idea. We'll have to add Eric to the recruiting watch list.

Now that's good for all sides.
                              Monty

Comment

CHN did a feature article on Tyler Wall.

Comment

Working...
                                X