UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

John Leonard has also left UMass a year early, signing with San Jose.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
      Lowell announces their team awards:
      MVP: Tyler Wall
      Billy Riley Unsung Hero Award: Colin O'Neill
      Gus Coutu Award (given to the player who best exemplifies the spirit of the hockey program): Colin O'Neill
      Rookie of the Year: Carl Berglund
      Best Defensive Player Award: Jon McDonald
      Most Improved Player: Austin O'Rourke
      Coaches' Perseverance Award: Nolan Sawchuk
      G. Harvey Chandler Award (Team's Leading scorer): Matt Brown
      Marc Connelly Award (given to a non-player who makes a positive significant impact on the program): Chase Fuchs
      Lowell Sun article.
      https://www.lowellsun.com/2020/03/31...award-winners/

Comment

Another week has begun. Hope everyone's being as safe as possible.

Knew it would happen eventually, but a good friend's mother passed away yesterday from this.
        Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Another week has begun. Hope everyone's being as safe as possible.

Knew it would happen eventually, but a good friend's mother passed away yesterday from this.
          sorry to hear Monty

Comment

Both of these guys have been instrumental in recruiting at their current schools.

Monty

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
              Both of these guys have been instrumental in recruiting at their current schools.

Are you happy with recruiting at your school

Comment

Since we have nothing better to do these days: Better top line for Lowell in the past 20 years:

Godoy-Walter-Martin

or

Smith-Gambardella-Edwardh

I don't think there was another line combination that really compared, but add your own option if you'd like.

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                  Since we have nothing better to do these days: Better top line for Lowell in the past 20 years:

Godoy-Walter-Martin

or

Smith-Gambardella-Edwardh

I don't think there was another line combination that really compared, but add your own option if you'd like.
                  The latter. Those three had a combined 142 points their last year together. Think of that ... the 18/19 season (the last one that actually finished), it took our top 7 scorers to surpass that total.

In their best year, Godoy/Walter/Martin combined for 110.

On top of the numbers, none of those three were as pure a sniper as Smith. I loved Martin, but I think Gamby might have been the best leader this team has had in the last 20 or so years. And only Walter could compete with Edwardh digging for those dirty goals. On the defensive side, Gamby/Edwardh were fantastic (Smith got better over his time here).
                  Monty

Comment

From the schedule thread. The Mariucci Classic 1/2-3/21

Originally posted by Liveatjrl View Post
                    UML is the 4th team in the Mariucci Classic with Minnesota, St. Cloud State, and Colorado College.

https://twitter.com/evegoe/status/12...279322112?s=21

Comment

According to UMD's schedule, they'll be visiting Tsongas October 16-17.

https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/sp...le-takes-shape
                      Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                      "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

On today's STH call Norm said the Hawks will be heading to Arizona in January.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                          On today's STH call Norm said the Hawks will be heading to Arizona in January.
                          How was the call? Anything regarding recruiting?
                          Monty

Comment

I didn't realize there was a STH call until it was too late. I've been wondering about recruiting as well. Kids will likely commit to the top tier schools sight unseen, but for Lowell, it's probably hard to get a commitment without having them visit.

The OOC schedule sounds good so far. A lot can happen between now and then, but I'm wondering if we'll watch be able to see these games in person.

Comment

How was the call? Anything regarding recruiting?
                              I thought the call was good for the portions that I heard. Unfortunately I had a couple of interruptions so I didn't hear everything that was said. There should be a recording available soon. I believe the call lasted about 30-40 minutes and would have lasted longer if there were more questions. I think they said there would be another call next week.

Oh, Norm said the practice rink is a go and they're ready to start the bid process.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                                I didn't realize there was a STH call until it was too late. I've been wondering about recruiting as well. Kids will likely commit to the top tier schools sight unseen, but for Lowell, it's probably hard to get a commitment without having them visit.

The OOC schedule sounds good so far. A lot can happen between now and then, but I'm wondering if we'll watch be able to see these games in person.
                                I don't think this affects recruiting all that much, just based on how Bazin recruits. Considering how many players we're losing this year and next, we have enough commits already. The class we need to start paying attention to is the '22 freshmen class as we have 12 kids graduating after the 21/22 season and so far no commits. And while I know that's 2 seasons away ... Lowell's the only program that doesn't have a '22 commit (Owen Fowler is '21 or '22). Every other Hockey East program outside of UConn has at least 3.
                                Last edited by UMLFan; 04-10-2020, 09:51 PM.
                                Monty

Comment

Working...
                                X