• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
    Baxter's goal was the Game-Winner.
    And in another nod to 90s night

"Well, you're my fact checking cuz"

Interesting that both GWG's on the weekend came from relativity the same area of the attacking zone
    Tully Rink Rat
    Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
    Youngstar
    UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
      Barton blowing his edge coming out of the zone was painful to watch. Tyler didn't save his bacon he saved the entire hog.
      That play and the late penalties in a one goal game. Didn't they also give up a 3 on 1 when the teams were playing 4 on 4 late in the game? Decision making and puck movement needs to be better.

Was Sam Knoblauch hurt? This weekend was his first game action since the RIT weekend in early January.

Great work by Lucas Condotta to draw a penalty while on the penalty kill late in the game.
      Last edited by boblav1; 03-01-2020, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
        Speaking of Lohin, does anyone know if he was hurt this year? He's only appeared in 15 games in the ECHL for the Lightning affiliate. Hindsight, it would have been nice for Lowell if he had stayed for another season, and maybe for his development, too.
        He tweeted back on January 9 about having successful knee surgery: https://twitter.com/TheRealLohin/sta...87222872088577
        Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
        "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottK View Post
          He tweeted back on January 9 about having successful knee surgery: https://twitter.com/TheRealLohin/sta...87222872088577
          He prob wishes he did stay

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
            UNH is going down to 90' feet. Funny to think 25 years ago they assumed more teams would be building the bigger ice surfaces.
            The fans over on the UNH thread are not happy about the plan as it will impact the sight lines.

The downside for fans is that, after the new construction, the sight lines will be affected for those seated in the first few rows along the side boards, according to Dean.
            “The sight lines to the rink are not going to be as good,” Dean said, “because the rink has shrunk and so what’s going on just next to the boards won’t be visible.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
              The fans over on the UNH thread are not happy about the plan as it will impact the sight lines.
              Last year they were blaming their lack of offensive production and ability to recruit on the bigger sheet. So to that I say, you can't have it both ways.
              Tully Rink Rat
              Youngstar
              UML Class of 09

Comment

BUT

We are onto UConn

And if we want to discuss the mismanagement of an athletics department you need look no further than Storrs, CT.....
                Tully Rink Rat
                Youngstar
                UML Class of 09

Comment

A win by Lowell Friday against UConn would give Lowell an identical Hockey East record as last year, 12-7-5. However, they would have done that by scoring less goals (-8 right now) and giving up more goals (+4). A win will also see Lowell finish higher in Hockey East than they did last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                    A win by Lowell Friday against UConn would give Lowell an identical Hockey East record as last year, 12-7-5. However, they would have done that by scoring less goals (-8 right now) and giving up more goals (+4). A win will also see Lowell finish higher in Hockey East than they did last year.
                    How did that playoff round go last year home sweet home

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                      UConn always scares me. I seem to remember watching some horrifying games and that was when they were completely awful

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                        UConn always scares me. I seem to remember watching some horrifying games and that was when they were completely awful
                        Scared every home game brother u know it be honest

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          Well they put up a real stinker earlier in the year against UCONN on home ice.

Comment

https://www.nhl.com/penguins/news/ch...me/c-315738364

this is way cool. Always loved being in the stands next to the family in play off season- they were a blast

Comment

I believe last two years playoffs last year Bu year before Merrimack well so much for home ice it means crap

Comment

Originally posted by chiefs11 View Post
                                How did that playoff round go last year home sweet home
                                Swimmingly... for BU. But on the bright side, Lowell is 1-0-1 in their last two at home

Comment

Working...
                                X