Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    Has Lowell sent out the email about the virtual pre-game party?
    I am flying on a virtual jet. You want to come? I have a few more seats.

Comment

Originally posted by chiefs11 View Post
      Time to stop this foolish stuff
      Many of us are stuck in the house. This is making me smile, and have a little fun. You're welcome to ignore my posts.
      Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      I'm in!
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
        Will their be Champagne cocktails on the plane? Can I wear my UNH hat?
        I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
          👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽

Comment

Lowell finished 12th in the final USCHO Poll. If Neaton (or whomever) can step up in net, and the freshmen especially take another step forward, next year should be fun.

Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Many of us are stuck in the house. This is making me smile, and have a little fun. You're welcome to ignore my posts.

I'm in!
              Penciled you in.

Originally posted by Darius View Post
              Yes! and other fun stuff. and chocolate milk! and NO. TIme to change the kitty litter!

Comment

UMass Amherst's Mitchell Chaffee signs with Minnesota, forgoing his last year of eligibility.
                Monty

Comment

UMass Amherst's Mitchell Chaffee signs with Minnesota, forgoing his last year of eligibility.
                  I think it's probably safe to assume that Leonard won't be far behind him, heading to SJ.

Comment

Derek Osik is reported to have entered the transfer portal. This isn't a surprise he's only played on 3 games over the past two seasons. Best of luck to him.

I've seen a lot of tweets regaring players entering the transfer portal, especially grad transfers with 1 year left. Norm rarely goes after transfer students, but a grad transfer with experience could really help.

Aside from Derek and the goaltenders, the rest of the team played 13 games or more this year. That's a lot of depth and experience. Usually there are more players that have only played a handful of games.

UMLFan, you are making me think more about next season's team. I think you may be right.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                      Derek Osik is reported to have entered the transfer portal. This isn't a surprise he's only played on 3 games over the past two seasons. Best of luck to him.

I've seen a lot of tweets regaring players entering the transfer portal, especially grad transfers with 1 year left. Norm rarely goes after transfer students, but a grad transfer with experience could really help.

Aside from Derek and the goaltenders, the rest of the team played 13 games or more this year. That's a lot of depth and experience. Usually there are more players that have only played a handful of games.

UMLFan, you are making me think more about next season's team. I think you may be right.
                      I'm still worried about the offensive side. But our defensive corp should be right near that top of Hockey East, which will help any goaltender behind them.

Taking this from the recruiting thread, here's the current look at the 20/21 roster (assuming Kerner for 21, and assuming Sawchuk returns to hockey):

Defense (11):
                      Senior: Anthony Baxter
                      Juniors: Seth Barton, Chase Blackmun, Cale List, Jonathan McDonald, Dominic Procopio, Nolan Sawchuk
                      Sophomores: Marek Korencik, Jordan Schulting
                      Freshmen: Brehdan Engum, Ben Meehan

Forwards (18):
                      Seniors: Charlie Levesque, Chris Schutz*, Connor Sodergren
                      Juniors: Lucas Condotta, Samuel Knoblauch, Austin O’Rourke, Reid Stefanson
                      Sophomores: Carl Berglund, Matthew Brown, Brian Chambers, Zach Kaiser, Andre Lee, Blake Wells
                      Freshmen: Matt Allen, Andranik Armstrong, Jack Bayless, Owen Cole, Jackson Sterrett

Goalies (3):
                      Seniors:
                      Junior: Eric Green
                      Sophomore: Logan Neaton
                      Freshman: Henry Welsch

* == Redshirt

This leaves us at 32 on the roster, with the class breakdown for 2020/2021 being:
                      Seniors: 4
                      Juniors: 11
                      Sophomores: 9
                      Freshmen: 7

That defense looks legit, arguably one of the top ones in Hockey East (and still only one senior next year).

To me there are three key question marks for next season:
                      1) Goal: Does Neaton step up or is it Goalie by committee?
                      2) Brown/Berglund/Lee: Can they avoid the sophomore slump?
                      3) Can the remaining offensive players produce consistently?
                      Monty

Comment

https://www.lowellsun.com/2020/03/22...uccess-coming/

They are covering the Sim thread in the Lowell Sun and the Season Tix email. They even covered Lee's Wrap Around Goal!!! Yay Lee!!

Hope all of you virtually driving down are being safe. Our flight was uneventful and we are now waiting. I have a new, super secret way to smuggle in my cowbell so all is right in the virtual world.

MORE COWBELL!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          https://www.lowellsun.com/2020/03/22...uccess-coming/

They are covering the Sim thread in the Lowell Sun and the Season Tix email. They even covered Lee's Wrap Around Goal!!! Yay Lee!!

Hope all of you virtually driving down are being safe. Our flight was uneventful and we are now waiting. I have a new, super secret way to smuggle in my cowbell so all is right in the virtual world.

MORE COWBELL!!!
                          🛎🛎🛎

Comment

Lowell announces their team awards:
                            MVP: Tyler Wall
                            Billy Riley Unsung Hero Award: Colin O'Neill
                            Gus Coutu Award (given to the player who best exemplifies the spirit of the hockey program): Colin O'Neill
                            Rookie of the Year: Carl Berglund
                            Best Defensive Player Award: Jon McDonald
                            Most Improved Player: Austin O'Rourke
                            Coaches' Perseverance Award: Nolan Sawchuk
                            G. Harvey Chandler Award (Team's Leading scorer): Matt Brown
                            Marc Connelly Award (given to a non-player who makes a positive significant impact on the program): Chase Fuchs
                            Monty

Comment

Lowell announces their team awards:
                              MVP: Tyler Wall
                              Billy Riley Unsung Hero Award: Colin O'Neill
                              Gus Coutu Award (given to the player who best exemplifies the spirit of the hockey program): Colin O'Neill
                              Rookie of the Year: Carl Berglund
                              Best Defensive Player Award: Jon McDonald
                              Most Improved Player: Austin O'Rourke
                              Coaches' Perseverance Award: Nolan Sawchuk
                              G. Harvey Chandler Award (Team's Leading scorer): Matt Brown
                              Marc Connelly Award (given to a non-player who makes a positive significant impact on the program): Chase Fuchs
                              I love Sawchuck! Devastated that he missed the rest of the year Hope he is doing better. We need more like him. He has so much heart!

Comment

Tyler Madden (NU) and Trevor Zegras (BU) have signed professional contracts, and will give up remaining eligilibity.
                                Monty

Comment

Working...
                                X