UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

NEHJ has an article up about Bazin if you're paying for their site.

I did want to share this part with you, since it's something I brought up on the recruiting thread.
    1. What is the most important character trait that you look for in a player when recruiting?

For me, it’s, is he a team-first player? And within that description, is he a good teammate? Can we count on him in tough situations? Then comes some of the tangible skills, such as hockey sense, compete level and skating. But first and foremost, I want to find out if this kid is a team-first player because usually those are guys who succeed at UMass Lowell.
    I’ve been recruiting in four different spots. From my perspective, the longer I’m in this, the more I believe character (is) above all else in recruiting.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        There's no way there's going to be a Frozen Four this year. I'd be shocked if the NHL season isn't suspended tonight or tomorrow. All it takes is one person associated with a team to test positive and that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
          There's no way there's going to be a Frozen Four this year. I'd be shocked if the NHL season isn't suspended tonight or tomorrow. All it takes is one person associated with a team to test positive and that's it.
          NHL season suspended.

I expect they will cancel all the diff playoffs as teams are pulling out like crazy. If you think of the level of exposure when you are playing and the recent information about how long the virus lasts in the air and on objects you would have to be stuoopid not to cancel

Comment

It feels so weird that the season is already over. And I feel terrible for the seniors.
            Monty

Comment

(edited) Briefly changing the topic back away from virus related cancellations, Monty thank you for sharing this. I love this stuff.

NEHJ has an article up about Bazin if you're paying for their site.

I did want to share this part with you, since it's something I brought up on the recruiting thread.
              University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

It feels so weird that the season is already over. And I feel terrible for the seniors.
                We'll always wonder how far they might have gone this season. I wasn't convinced they would win this weekend, but Tyler had an exceptional year, and he could have carried them to an NCAA at large bid. I'm disappointed for the team because I'm not sure they will have that opportunity again for awhile.

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                  We'll always wonder how far they might have gone this season. I wasn't convinced they would win this weekend, but Tyler had an exceptional year, and he could have carried them to an NCAA at large bid. I'm disappointed for the team because I'm not sure they will have that opportunity again for awhile.
                  It’s been a long time now

Comment

• Good article on College hockey news had a great article about how 2019-2020 college post will be remembered. This will be the year of how corona brought the sports world to its knees.
                    Last edited by UMLDOUG; 03-13-2020, 06:29 PM.

Comment

So, in case you need a fix... so far it seems just like it would happen
                      https://fanforum.uscho.com/showthrea...stseason/page3

Amherst sent all their students home for the year

Comment

Hopefully nobody minds me asking this question, I'm assuming Boblav/Les will some thoughts on this. Whats this venue like
                        https://lowellsummermusic.org/leonid-and-friends/

Real interested in driving down for Leonid and friends in July

Thanks
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                          I guess I'm not as down on this team as you are going forward. It's a young team, if Neaton or someone steps up in net, we should be good.
                          Monty

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            Hopefully nobody minds me asking this question, I'm assuming Boblav/Les will some thoughts on this. Whats this venue like
                            https://lowellsummermusic.org/leonid-and-friends/

Real interested in driving down for Leonid and friends in July

Thanks
                            The outdoor venue is nice. They do a pretty good job with it. Concessions can be a pain though.
                            Monty

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                              I guess I'm not as down on this team as you are going forward. It's a young team, if Neaton or someone steps up in net, we should be good.
                              Drafted for a reason talent

Comment

I'd feel better about it if they had another Matt Brown or Andre Lee coming in next season. I'm hoping Ben Meehan can be an impact offensive player from the blue line, but otherwise I'm not expecting much from the incoming class.

This team needs to take a big step forward offensively. Someone needs to step up and score 30+ points. They get outshot in practically every game and this isn't a recent trend. That's been happening for a few seasons now. They had a chance to make the NCAA tournament this season because HE was stronger and Tyler gave them .930 goaltending. I do think Neaton could be really good, but is .930 a realistic expectation?

Comment

Working...
                                X