Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    I thought the call was good for the portions that I heard. Unfortunately I had a couple of interruptions so I didn't hear everything that was said. There should be a recording available soon. I believe the call lasted about 30-40 minutes and would have lasted longer if there were more questions. I think they said there would be another call next week.

Oh, Norm said the practice rink is a go and they're ready to start the bid process.
    I had to cut out early, did they mention where the practice rink is being built on campus?
    Tully Rink Rat
    Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
    Youngstar
    UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
      I had to cut out early, did they mention where the practice rink is being built on campus?
      I don't believe Norm mentioned location. I always thought the plan was to build it behind/connected to the Tsongas. I'm not sure if that is accurate.

Comment

I don't believe Norm mentioned location. I always thought the plan was to build it behind/connected to the Tsongas. I'm not sure if that is accurate.
        Yeah I assume it would be this piece of land which is owned by the University....

https://imgur.com/a/s6SuT5o

I am no Title 9 Expert but I wonder if they put down another sheet of ice if that gives the school a shot at starting a D1 Woman's Program
        Tully Rink Rat
        Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
        Youngstar
        UML Class of 09

Comment

Here's the replay of the STH call.

Norm mentioned 5 recruits (3F, 2D, 1G) coming in with a possibility of one or two more. Sterrett, Armstrong and Allen were mentioned.
          Last edited by boblav1; 04-13-2020, 06:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post

Norm mentioned 5 recruits (3F, 2D, 1G) coming in with a possibility of one or two more. Sterrett, Armstrong and Allen were mentioned.
            Also looking for goaltending

Comment

Thanks for this Bob.

Quick recap from my side:

Non-Conf Schedule: McGill (Exhibition), Road trip to Alabama, Duluth at home, Turkey Leg (Bemidji and Miami), at Mariucci Classic tournament, at Arizona State for 2.
              Bazin is keeping an eye on possible transfers.
              6 recruits coming in (Bob, you have the positions right, just had a type on the number).
              Practice rink is waiting for bids to develop it. The virus is causing a delay, obviously.
              Interesting comment from Coach that he hopes one day that there's a gag order put in for coaches at all levels. No talking to the refs at all.
              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

The next call will be Friday at Noon with Associate Head Coach Andy Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                  Thanks for this Bob.

Quick recap from my side:

Non-Conf Schedule: McGill (Exhibition), Road trip to Alabama, Duluth at home, Turkey Leg (Bemidji and Miami), at Mariucci Classic tournament, at Arizona State for 2.
                  Bazin is keeping an eye on possible transfers.
                  6 recruits coming in (Bob, you have the positions right, just had a type on the number).
                  Practice rink is waiting for bids to develop it. The virus is causing a delay, obviously.
                  Interesting comment from Coach that he hopes one day that there's a gag order put in for coaches at all levels. No talking to the refs at all.
                  Like seeing teams take trips to Alabama. Good for college hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Groot View Post
                    Like seeing teams take trips to Alabama. Good for college hockey.
                    The only thing going to Huntsville is the flights getting there. I used to travel for work down to Huntsville and
                    the connections going and coming from there can be tough. Most flights from Boston go through either Charlotte or DC which
                    are very busy and congested airports and the flights are delayed quite often. I wonder if there is a season, will there
                    be any fans to the games.
                    What did you say?
                    Who own the Chiefs?
                    What did he say?
                    Owns! Owns!

Comment

Originally posted by chiefs11 View Post
                      Are you happy with recruiting at your school
                      Our recruiting has been good overall. It can get better. See NU and UMass' classes the last couple of years, and current commitments for proof of that.

Anyway, apparently UVM has chosen one of the Winnipeg Jets assistants for their next coach.
                      Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by gochiefs View Post
                        The only thing going to Huntsville is the flights getting there. I used to travel for work down to Huntsville and
                        the connections going and coming from there can be tough. Most flights from Boston go through either Charlotte or DC which
                        are very busy and congested airports and the flights are delayed quite often. I wonder if there is a season, will there
                        be any fans to the games.
                        Funny, I never have problems with DC.
                        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                        Skating Friar Jersey
                        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Not exactly going to get the headlines, but Congratulations to Men's Club Basketball for being named the National Champions.
                          Monty

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                            Funny, I never have problems with DC.
                            When I went from Boston to Huntsville through Reagan National, to connect I would have to take a bus to go from one terminal to another and then sometimes
                            take another bus that would bring you out to the tarmac to board the plane. You could avoid the 1st bus by walking but you would exit security and
                            then would have to go through security again to enter the next terminal.
                            What did you say?
                            Who own the Chiefs?
                            What did he say?
                            Owns! Owns!

Comment

A little late, but congratulations to former assistant coach Cam Ellsworth.

Ellsworth wins Edward Jeremiah Award as top D-III men’s coach

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                                The next call will be Friday at Noon with Associate Head Coach Andy Jones.

Comment

Working...
                                X