Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    For those going to the game at BC tonight..
    THat will be a mess

Comment

Wow, pretty quiet after a nice win at BC last night. It sounded like the team played well. Huge game at Merrimack tonight, they'll be tough. The game is on NESN at 7:00 pm for the folks that can't make it to North Andover.

Game highlights.

Norm's post game press conference.

Comment

Huge win last night. Great to see another frosh get his first goal (and a game-winner to boot).

I know we've beaten Merrimack twice already this year, but they seem to be getting better as the year goes along (makes sense with the number of frosh they have) as evidenced by a huge win at BU last night (a team that we didn't beat this year).
        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Outside of the Newhook SHG they played a real complete game last night. Great stickwork all night they did a great job at slowing BC down throughout the game. Felt like they really controlled the flow of play. B&B Boys pot one, Kenny asserts himself offensively, and then what a great goal for Korencik who has been working his tail off all season on the back end. Big confidence booster locking down a 1 goal lead for Tyler Wall.

Expecting another short rink race track game at Lawler tonight. Merrimack is a team with nothing to lose that is trending in the right direction. Should be good one....
          Tully Rink Rat
          Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
          Youngstar
          UML Class of 09

Comment

Anyone else buffering every minute or less or is it my horrific Verizon internet

Comment

Not my internet- its the feed. This is really irritating

Comment

They are trying to fix it. So far no success. It is on TV but I like listening to the interviews between periods.

Comment

• 4 point weekend was big. Was in attendance with my fellow students tonight. No idea what the problem was on that 5th supposed goal that was called back

Comment

Originally posted by UMLSec123 View Post
                    4 point weekend was big. Was in attendance with my fellow students tonight. No idea what the problem was on that 5th supposed goal that was called back
                    I believe the refs felt Charlie knocked the puck in with his glove.

Game highlights

Norm's post game interview.
                    Last edited by boblav1; 02-09-2020, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                      They are trying to fix it. So far no success. It is on TV but I like listening to the interviews between periods.
                      Did WCAP broadcast the game last night? I got to my car within minutes of the end of the game and the postgame was not on. I tried to stream it online, and had the same issue, it would play for about a minute then stop.

I like the interviews as well. The Merrimack broadcast team tweets out links to the audio of pre, post and between period interviews they conduct. It would be nice for Lowell to do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                        Did WCAP broadcast the game last night? I got to my car within minutes of the end of the game and the postgame was not on. I tried to stream it online, and had the same issue, it would play for about a minute then stop.

I like the interviews as well. The Merrimack broadcast team tweets out links to the audio of pre, post and between period interviews they conduct. It would be nice for Lowell to do the same.
                        I don't think the problem was ever fixed. I listened to the pregame at the UML site and then nothing. I switched to WCAP and they were playing music. Was the problem on the UML end or with Merrimack? Pretty frustrating. I watched the game on NESN and picture looked dark (poor lighting) and they had audio issues for part of the 3rd period.

Comment

No radio coverage anymore via WCAP (really intelligent decision on their part --> sarcasm meter redlined). Only streaming (stupid on their part <-- no sarcasm what so ever). From what I heard they were trying to fix it but never were successful. Not sure where the error was but may have been at MC end.

We were much better off when we weren't trying to be like the Joneses and were D1 only in one sport. Since we went 'big time' we have shown how rinky dink is better.

Ya, I am and old fogie but this crap of trying to pretend we are better than we are results in a mediocre product when we had a perfectly good thing to start with really is irritating.

Comment

Originally posted by gochiefs
                            I heard the postgame show on WCAP in my car
                            Interesting. The feed had nothing and mr les said CAP isn't covering them anymore. So I guess he is out of the loop.

Comment

7 games left in the regular season for Lowell.

As we are currently in second, we have 5 games against teams below us, and 2 against first place UMass. Friday night home and Saturday away against NU this upcoming weekend, UMass next weekend and UNH the following. One final game against UConn at home to end the season in March.

Just looking forward a bit to the first tie-breaker against those competing for home ice:
                              UMass, we haven't played yet
                              BC 1-1-0
                              Maine 1-0-1
                              BU 0-1-2
                              UNH, we haven't played yet
                              UConn 0-1-1
                              PC 2-1-0
                              NU, we haven't played yet
                              MC 3-0-0

Lowell has moved up to #11 in the PWR, one of 5 Hockey East teams in the current Top 16. BC is 6, UMass 7, NU 12 and PC 16. Since we play UMass and NU the next two weekends, this could be huge for the PWR for Lowell.

Going to be a fun next four weeks, I hope.
                              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

I noticed that the official hockey twitter account was been making a point to retweet WUML's posts about their game broadcasts this weekend.

I don't know what WCAP's deal is but last time I tried to listen (via the TuneIn Radio app) the game was not on. I believe this was the @UNH game.

Comment

Working...
                                X