Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
    Maybe even like two seasons ago when they lost 7 of last 8.
    Par for the course, the game winner goes in off a Lowell player. Kenny can't seem to buy a goal.

Comment

I only caught the 3rd period on tv. Looking at the box score it looks like the Hawks did a lot right, shots and face offs. Goal scoring continues to be a problem and watching that PP with 7:00 minutes to go was very frustrating. Give credit to NU for the weekend sweep, 17 blocked shots last night. Hopefully the team can bounce back next weekend against UMass.

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
        I only caught the 3rd period on tv. Looking at the box score it looks like the Hawks did a lot right, shots and face offs. Goal scoring continues to be a problem and watching that PP with 7:00 minutes to go was very frustrating. Give credit to NU for the weekend sweep, 17 blocked shots last night. Hopefully the team can bounce back next weekend against UMass.
        Nu brings in solid grad players solid program three straight beans gotta love it for nu fans big USHL scores for them next year our freshman not on the board upper class strugglers to score played well last nite poor wall he can’t score

Comment

Wall gave up 4 goals on the weekend. He deserves better than 2 Ls.
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Wow. Had no business winning that game with how they played in the 1st and 2nd. Solid 3rd by the boys. Glad they pulled through. Tsongas was rocking

Comment

Originally posted by UMLSec123 View Post
              Wow. Had no business winning that game with how they played in the 1st and 2nd. Solid 3rd by the boys. Glad they pulled through. Tsongas was rocking
              Thinking the same thing. Still amazed at the low angle goal that provided the W.
              University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

Originally posted by BostonSoccerDad View Post
                Thinking the same thing. Still amazed at the low angle goal that provided the W.
                It helps when the opposing goaltender is not paying attention to what is going on.
                What did you say?
                Who own the Chiefs?
                What did he say?
                Owns! Owns!

Comment

Other things to note

- I wish they would wear their 3rd retros more often

-Many people around me thought UML would be down 5 on 3 after that hit at the end of the 1st that took Kiefuk out of the game for Amherst. I saw at worst 2 mins Glad they didnt call 5 on that.

-Wall continues to bail this team out.

Comment

I think last night showed Lowell was the better conditioned team. Umass looked gassed in the third especially down the stretch under the ten minute mark.

Call the Schutz GWG goal lucky if you want to but I think Chris earned that goal through some serious yeoman effort. Tries to create a high percentage shooting opportunity gets shut down. Gets the puck back on his stick below the goal line and skates around to find a lane for the centering pass. Rejected again and puck squirms to the corner. In a half second he retrieves the puck sees Murray looking for his stick and does the one thing he does exceptionally well and fires the biscuit on net.

Sure call it luck if you want. I call that hard work and going the full 60.....
                    Last edited by Turk_Sanderson; 02-22-2020, 09:59 AM.
                    Tully Rink Rat
                    Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
                    Youngstar
                    UML Class of 09

Comment

Other things to note

- I wish they would wear their 3rd retros more often

-Many people around me thought UML would be down 5 on 3 after that hit at the end of the 1st that took Kiefuk out of the game for Amherst. I saw at worst 2 mins Glad they didnt call 5 on that.

-Wall continues to bail this team out.
                      It only could have been declared a major in the review which the refs decided not to call.
                      What did you say?
                      Who own the Chiefs?
                      What did he say?
                      Owns! Owns!

Comment

I didn't see the hit but I thought the same thing especially with the length of the review, it felt like it took 10 minutes. Hopefully Kiefuk is OK, Carvel wasn't happy and mentioned a possible broken jaw in his post game. What did Condotta do to get that initial penalty for roughing? I sit on that side (Sec 119) of the rink and it look like a good hit from what I could see.

That was one ugly game for the Hawks but the team continued to work and good things happened. They better be ready to go tonight. The game is on NESN Plus at 7:00 pm.

I was a bit surprised at the lack of movement in the pairwise after the win.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                          I didn't see the hit but I thought the same thing especially with the length of the review, it felt like it took 10 minutes. Hopefully Kiefuk is OK, Carvel wasn't happy and mentioned a possible broken jaw in his post game. What did Condotta do to get that initial penalty for roughing? I sit on that side (Sec 119) of the rink and it look like a good hit from what I could see.

That was one ugly game for the Hawks but the team continued to work and good things happened. They better be ready to go tonight. The game is on NESN Plus at 7:00 pm.

I was a bit surprised at the lack of movement in the pairwise after the win.
                          That roughing was a classic

He got hit too hard penalty
                          Tully Rink Rat
                          Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
                          Youngstar
                          UML Class of 09

Comment

2 disallowed goals in the 2nd while giving up another 3..... wasn't looking good

Quick goal in the 3rd, let's see if we can pull this off again.
                            Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                            Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                            "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                            KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

• Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                              2 disallowed goals in the 2nd while giving up another 3..... wasn't looking good

Quick goal in the 3rd, let's see if we can pull this off again.
                              Winning goal sliced that d like slicing pie come on to easy defense

Comment

Radio guys were losing their mind over someone trying to take one of our guys heads off. Usually one does that while the other one is more calm. This time they were close to speechless. Anyone see what happened?

In other news, while hockey was the only sport at UML our Track and Field Women and men placed 2nd at conference. The Men had some issues but the women were ridiculous to pull that off.

Comment

Working...
                                X