UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    It sounds like the Hawks had a hard time generating consistent offensive pressure. I would like hear from the folks that were at the game for their thoughts.
    Coach sounded ****ed not happy

Comment

• Re: UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

That's a disappointing loss. Had they won tonight, I would have liked their chances to make the NCAA tournament, but now it feels like they will fall short again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
        That's a disappointing loss. Had they won tonight, I would have liked their chances to make the NCAA tournament, but now it feels like they will fall short again.
        You get what you deserve

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
          We'll find out soon as there's only 13 games left and the schedule gets much tougher. It will be interesting to see how things go against the Eagles on Friday night.

Comment

Their lack of scoring always seems to let them down against teams much lower than them in the Pairwise. The damage in the Pairwise is hard to overcome.
            What did you say?
            Who own the Chiefs?
            What did he say?
            Owns! Owns!

Comment

Kind of early to throw the towel in

They have yet to go through the meat grinder part of the HE schedule
              Tully Rink Rat
              Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
              Youngstar
              UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by gochiefs View Post
                Their lack of scoring always seems to let them down against teams much lower than them in the Pairwise. The damage in the Pairwise is hard to overcome.
                They have a tendency to give up a good shots looking for that extra/perfect pass. Get the puck on net and crash it. UMass and PC do a great job of that. Everything goes to the net where they hope to out number the defense and pick up a loose puck.

They also need to stay out of the box. Too many penalties yesterday.

Comment

They have a tendency to give up a good shots looking for that extra/perfect pass. Get the puck on net and crash it. UMass and PC do a great job of that. Everything goes to the net where they hope to out number the defense and pick up a loose puck.

They also need to stay out of the box. Too many penalties yesterday.
                  Team speed needs to b addressed ASAP with recruiting we all see it if you don’t please open your eyes

Comment

Originally posted by chiefs11 View Post
                    Team speed needs to b addressed ASAP with recruiting we all see it if you don’t please open your eyes
                    Team speed was NOT the problem this weekend. RIT just clogged up the middle and Lowell couldn't break through it to get many decent shots on net. Some bad defense also hurt a lot. You can't give up that many odd-man rushes and expect your goalie to bail you out every time.

As for the Pairwise, a split this weekend didn't hurt them that much, and is essentially offset by the win over Penn State, the split with UMD, and the 2 wins against PC. The Colgate series is the one that hurts more. However, with 6 games left against BC/UMass/NU, they still pretty much control their own destiny for the NCAA's.
                    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

They would be 7th in the PWR had they won last night. Instead they are now 13th and have a tougher schedule looming. That's a big difference. They get outshot in most games, and 2:1 by the better teams they've faced (PC, Penn State, UMD). Thanks to Tyler they've stolen some wins against those teams. I agree they still control their NCAA destiny, and that it's too early to throw in the towel, but this season is trending similar to the past couple.
                      Last edited by Middle Street; 01-12-2020, 09:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                        They would be 7th in the PWR had they won last night. Instead they are now 13th and have a tougher schedule looming. That's a big difference. They get outshot in most games, and 2:1 by the better teams they've faced (PC, Penn State, UMD). Thanks to Tyler they've stolen some wins against those teams. I agree they still control their NCAA destiny, and that it's too early to throw in the towel, but this season is trending similar to the past couple.
                        How true

Comment

The UCONN series didnt help matters either. Big game against BC friday before the meat and potatoes of the schedule comes in

Comment

One Lowell player and one commit listed on the NHL's Mid-Term CSB, Berglund and Meehan. Berglund is listed as a 7th Round Pick, Meehan a 4th.
                            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Lowell Sun article on the upcoming weekend.

Hockey East play heating up for River Hawks

Comment

Lowell Sun article on the upcoming weekend.

Hockey East play heating up for River Hawks
                                Pray

Comment

Working...
                                X