Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2019 and Beyond: Something Something Three True Outcomes....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MLB 2019 and Beyond: Something Something Three True Outcomes....

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    At what point does MLB vacate their World Series title?
    Never. That would have financial ramifications and open them up to all sorts of litigation.

MLB does not give a sh-t about what happened, it cares about protecting its brand. This will work out exactly like steroids.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
      Mendoza: Whistleblowing makes me sad for the sport

No, not what the whistle blowing uncovered, the actual act itself.

Don't agree with Mendoza on this at all, but I do wonder what some of Fiers teammates think. Is Mendoza saying this because she has heard that opinion around major league teams, or does she just have some misguided belief of her own about some sort of code? (apologies if that was covered in the linked video, I just can't stand listening to anything on any ESPN talking head show)

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
        Don't agree with Mendoza on this at all, but I do wonder what some of Fiers teammates think.
        Frat boys really look down on the brother who cooperates with the rape investigation.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
          Multiple reports of several Astros wearing buzzers inside their uniforms that the video guy could trigger. Hearing at least Altuve and Bregman.
          Wow. Just wow.

I've only half jokingly said put an asterisk next to their title. But now? Holy sh*t.

P.S. If someone asked me yesterday if I as a Yankees fan felt that Altuve knew what was coming from Chapman in that series winning HR, I would have said no. Chapman looked shaky that whole inning. Wasn't really his dominant self as he appeared a bit worn out after a long series, which typically happens to closers in the playoffs as they get overworked. But if the above is true ... well, Altuve sure hit that ball a mile ... just saying...

P.P.S. How many pitchers start throwing at Houston batters the first time they face them this season?
          Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 01-16-2020, 02:27 PM.
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

They should all be suspended for a year. Maybe banned for a couple years.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Here's a rumor that says Trout is on HGH.
              Last edited by Spartanforlife4; 01-16-2020, 08:01 PM.
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                Multiple reports of several Astros wearing buzzers inside their uniforms that the video guy could trigger. Hearing at least Altuve and Bregman.
                From ESPN:

The Twitter account that first brought light to the issue appears to have been disabled.

The account also referenced Altuve's walk-off home run off New York Yankees closer Aroldis Chapman in Game 6 of the 2019 American League Championship Series, which put the Astros in the World Series.

As he approaches home plate after his pennant-clinching homer, Altuve clearly and demonstrably tells his awaiting teammates not to yank off his jersey. When asked why during an on-field interview with Fox Sports, Altuve laughs and says, "I don't know. I'm too shy. Last time they did that, I got in trouble with my wife."
                Russell Jaslow

Comment

The account was a fake...doesn't mean the info was
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    The account was a fake...doesn't mean the info was
                    Yep. There are rumblings that it was a burner account for a current/recently retired player. The account accurately broke that Beltran was being hired by the Mets, accurately called the firing by the Mets, and then gave that big tidbit.

Fellow current/retired players on Twitter also state that they have plenty they could spill but are currently sitting on it. Sounds like this was well known throughout the league, and kept on the down low until CBA negotiations completed.

I think similar was hinted to or talked about in the Trout HGH article linked above.
                    Last edited by aparch; 01-16-2020, 11:04 PM.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

What is internal, stays internal. No surprise. If found out, use whatever leverage you can.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                        What is internal, stays internal. No surprise. If found out, use whatever leverage you can.
                        I am all for opaque but What in the Wide, Wide World of Sports are you saying here?
                        Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          I am all for opaque but What in the Wide, Wide World of Sports are you saying here?
                          Channeling Yogi?

Comment

Agreed.

Baseball is weird in that there is a very unique micro culture in each and every clubhouse. This extends beyond the clubhouse into the game itself where many, MANY norms are used while playing the game (think the "Unwritten Rules"). One of the keys is "what happens in the clubhouse stays in the clubhouse".

Baseball as a whole seems to have a "if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying" mentality because the above mantra is strong. Think about how long steroids were around before concrete evidence came out. Now it seems the front of choice has moved onto technology.

It's a house of cards. Since everyone is doing it, everyone keeps their mouth shut. Once it's discovered however, some people will jump ship (some to clear a conscious, others for fame/publicity, and some of course for $$$$)
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

"Jose Altuve went all the way down through the dugout and into the clubhouse to take his jersey off after that homer while his team was celebrating in the field."
                              Russell Jaslow

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                                "Jose Altuve went all the way down through the dugout and into the clubhouse to take his jersey off after that homer while his team was celebrating in the field."
                                He should therefore be beaned every single at bat for eternity.
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X