Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2019 and Beyond: Something Something Three True Outcomes....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MLB 2019 and Beyond: Something Something Three True Outcomes....

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    100% agree.

I still remember having a Red Sox desktop background in college.
    I remember going out, buying a wig (my roommate at the time had a Red Sox jersey), wore cleats, softball/baseball pants, B hat and went as Johnny Damon for Halloween to the bars. It was hilarious.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

In the current ALCS, Astros are up 6-3 on the Yankees in the bottom of the 6th.

Maybe the Astros can close out in game 5.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Dear MLB. will you plu lease... for the love of G**, not start these games at 8 pm. I can't stay up until after midnight all the time.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
          Dear MLB. will you plu lease... for the love of G**, not start these games at 8 pm. I can't stay up until after midnight all the time.
          Tomorrow’s game starts at seven...

Of course all the World Series games are going to start at eight.
          Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 10-17-2019, 10:55 PM.
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
            In the current ALCS, Astros are up 6-3 on the Yankees in the bottom of the 6th.

Maybe the Astros can close out in game 5.
            When it was 6-1, I texted my brother, "Series over."
            Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
              When it was 6-1, I texted my brother, "Series over."
              No offense. But **** you.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                No offense. But **** you.
                Why? I’m a Yankees fan ... with no hope.
                Russell Jaslow

Comment

Why? I’m a Yankees fan ... with no hope.
                  Good.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                    No reason to do it when it's the only game of the night, either.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Good.
                      More like I'm being realistic. They now can't just need to steal one Verlander/Cole game. They have to win both a Verlander and Cole game. Even if their bats wake up, I don't see it happening. (Houston isn't really hitting all that well either. But, they are hitting when it counts.)
                      Russell Jaslow

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        Maybe jocks are just bad at geography.

Were the Cardinals still in the NFC East when they moved to Arizona?
                        They didn’t want to give up the home game every year with redskins, giants, and especially Dallas
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

If there is one thing that the ALCS and NLCS is showing us, it's this. The notion of running through the playoffs and World Series "the Kansas City way" by just relying upon a great and deep bullpen is a myth. You need a good reliable bullpen, but give me two or three great starters at the top of the rotation.

That is what teams like NY, Minnesota, et al, are going to have to do if they hope to win a championship.
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

More like I'm being realistic. They now can't just need to steal one Verlander/Cole game. They have to win both a Verlander and Cole game. Even if their bats wake up, I don't see it happening. (Houston isn't really hitting all that well either. But, they are hitting when it counts.)
                            I agree with your reasoning. I'm just enjoying your pain.
                            Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              I agree with your reasoning. I'm just enjoying your pain.
                              A little less pain right now...
                              Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                                If there is one thing that the ALCS and NLCS is showing us, it's this. The notion of running through the playoffs and World Series "the Kansas City way" by just relying upon a great and deep bullpen is a myth. You need a good reliable bullpen, but give me two or three great starters at the top of the rotation.

That is what teams like NY, Minnesota, et al, are going to have to do if they hope to win a championship.
                                With a shortened series/faceoff, there are no 5 day rests. You need 2 (maybe 3) top aces as starters. Your 4s and 5s? They are now bullpen, which is a bit scary if you're deep. THEN we get into the bullpen, which is even scarier. Playoffs usually reward the cream of the crop. Depth be dammed.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X