Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2019 and Beyond: Something Something Three True Outcomes....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MLB 2019 and Beyond: Something Something Three True Outcomes....

Is there anything against teams using tech to get a pitch to the pitcher? Why not use an earpiece or something? Of course, it's all hackable but would be much more difficult to do.

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
      Is there anything against teams using tech to get a pitch to the pitcher? Why not use an earpiece or something? Of course, it's all hackable but would be much more difficult to do.
      I believe the rules specify no electronic communications.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I'm not a fan of hitting guys as retaliation. Pitchers have proven they can't stay away from the head. Far too dangerous.
        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

The Astros got caught.
          I'm not naive enough to believe they're the only.

There's a difference between not knowing and knowing four-seemer is coming.
          There's bigger difference between knowing and being able to handle it as a batter.
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
            There's a difference between not knowing and knowing four-seemer is coming.
            There's bigger difference between knowing and being able to handle it as a batter.
            Oh yeah, most major leaguers can only hit one type of pitch. That's why pitchers have gone to the trouble of developing different types of pitches over the last 150 years.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
              They may not as Manfred has come out saying he'll punish those who plunk Astros more severely.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/02/16/rob-manfred-will-issue-warning-to-mlb-teams-about-plunking-astros-hitters/amp/
              That’s just great. He just handed Houston another advantage. Now their batters know they will never get pitched inside or have to deal with brush back pitches. While Houston pitchers can continue using that strategy.
              Russell Jaslow
              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Millar of all people made an interesting point yesterday.

Without player immunity we wouldnt know the details of the cheating. In turn, we wouldn't be calling for them to be punished to these extremes. Which they can't because of immunity.

Reminds me of PEDs where guys took the test under promise they wouldnt be punished or revealed.
                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

Without player immunity we wouldnt know the details of the cheating. In turn, we wouldn't be calling for them to be punished to these extremes. Which they can't because of immunity.

Reminds me of PEDs where guys took the test under promise they wouldnt be punished or revealed.
                  I keep telling people this whenever I hear someone scream for punishment. MLB had to make a deal with the devil to get to the bottom of it. I don’t like it. But it had to be done.

I always had a problem with that secret PED test when the results leaked out. It was a broken promise to the players, no matter how wrong the players were.
                  Russell Jaslow

Comment

Aubrey Huff proves that sometimes you have to overcompensate for your first name.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Lots of mlb players not happy

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...y/?arc404=true

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        Did the commisioner really call the World Series trophy "just a piece of metal"? Wow. That is shockingly clueless.

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...vealing-tattoo
                          Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                            That’s just great. He just handed Houston another advantage. Now their batters know they will never get pitched inside or have to deal with brush back pitches. While Houston pitchers can continue using that strategy.
                            Like I said:

"If the Astros hitters know they're going to be protected and that the umpires will be throwing out pitchers [aggressively], they'll have the same advantage they had before -- they'll know what's coming," a staffer said. "If the pitchers can't pitch inside against the Astros, that'll work to their advantage."

As one official noted: No set of hitters other than the Astros will operate with that kind of preemptive advocacy.

"And that's just not right," he said.
                            Russell Jaslow

Comment

I'd be tempted to just not field a team against them as a protest. The Astros cheated, won the World Series and now are being rewarded for it again. There is no universe where this resembles justice.

Comment

Why can’t we just nuke Texas?
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X