Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2019 and Beyond: Something Something Three True Outcomes....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    Do you want that written on your tombstone?
    Nope, I want the full soliloquy from Bull Durham.

Comment

• Re: MLB 2019 and Beyond: Something Something Three True Outcomes....

Originally posted by aparch View Post
      All of the feels. My God I remember that series, but never knew just how much behind the scenes drama was a lit powder keg just waiting.
      That was such a fun team to be a long distance fan of.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eGUbDIlayU

You got the Zero Gravity treatment. That is Bois' highest honor.
      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

New plan: Forget Arizona, forget Grapefruit/Cactus split, we're going to Japan!
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Yes, let's go to an island where the population density is greater than midtown Manhattan on New Year's Eve.

Now I know a few people are just f-cking with the media and they're so dumb they'll swallow anything.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Yes, let's go to an island where the population density is greater than midtown Manhattan on New Year's Eve.

Now I know a few people are just f-cking with the media and they're so dumb they'll swallow anything.
            Sounds like MLB is finding out who the leaks are so they can tighten the ship down.

Totally waiting for the next one to be that the Yankees and Dodgers are buying rides on SpaceX Dragon spacecraft and will be playing an exhibition on the Moon to see if a full season is feasable.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Real live baseball!

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

mookie just had a weird Kepler dream....

Walked to my neighbors house somewhere in hills of PA as a party was ongoing. Standing around a lot of cars were dropping off 70s hof’ers like bench, Schmidt, etc. they were all heading to a private tent and mookie was left with common players who were there. Rick reuschel, Davy lopes, milt May... very strange.
                Last edited by mookie1995; 04-19-2020, 03:44 PM.
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  mookie just had a weird Kepler dream...
                  Um.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Um.
                      Girl you know it’s true...
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDSP1xtw5OM

Mariners history part 4.

YOU HAD DAVID ORTIZ AND YOU GAVE HIM AWAY?!

Also, I want Jon Bois narrating my biography.
                        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post

Mariners history part 4.

Montreal Expos say they want in on having the talent.....
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post

Mariners history part 4.

The Timber Rattlers were stupidly stacked with talent. They were the Appleton Foxes when A-Rod played for them, changing their name to the Timber Rattlers when they moved to the new ballpark in 1995. If I go digging, I might have something signed by Ortiz (then Arias) at home. Don't forget he played five years for the Twins, and they let him walk because they couldn't afford to pay him two mil.

I second having my life narrated by Jon Bois.

Also, he absolutely nails how rooting for this team went during the '90s. Maybe its the shared life experience we all have of rooting for the M's along side our favorite team.

As a fan of an NL Central team (albeit brand new to the league and division that year), I absolutely saw the HR chase developing, and my stomach sank then when Sosa and McGwire caught and passed Griffey that August. And my stomach sank again when he said "no one saw this coming," because I knew *exactly* where it was headed. This goddammed series is making me feel things I thought were long buried. Goddammit. The M's meant more to me than I realized then.

Also. Holy sh**, the plot twist at the end of the episode. I never knew the connection.
                            Last edited by aparch; 04-22-2020, 09:06 AM.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                              Real live baseball!

So, while I did post this somewhat sarcastically, I've been keeping up with it when I can. Playing in the morning means there's a couple innings to catch before work or a game on when waking up on the weekend.

I believe at least three of the four CPBL teams now have English language broadcasts across Twitter/Twitch.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                                Some interesting MLB memorabilia up for auction, including Kirby Puckett's jersey from Game 6 of the 1991 World Series.

https://vsaauctions.com/catalog.aspx?category=2
                                Bidding ends tonight at Midnight (Eastern). Current winning bid at just over $50k. As others had previously mentioned, the Twins need to snatch this up.
                                North Dakota
                                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X