Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2019 and Beyond: Something Something Three True Outcomes....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MLB 2019 and Beyond: Something Something Three True Outcomes....

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    The fine is hilarious. $5M? Seriously? How about $100M?
    That's the maximum fine allowed under the rules.

But good heavens, how can you not see this as a severe punishment? GM and manager suspended for a full year WITHOUT pay. The fired assistant GM was also suspended, which means he can't get a baseball job in 2020. Lose of first and second round picks for two years.

They came down on them hard. No other way to see this.

When MLB sent out the memo a couple of years ago warning teams any more illegal sign stealing will be met by severe consequences, they meant it.
    Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 01-13-2020, 02:16 PM.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Hinch and Luhnow both fired.

Comment

So Cora and the Red Sox are next...
        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
          First rule of CYA. "It was just a couple of bad apples."

Hinch is a friend of BVW right? Wait a year and bring him in for the (sniff) "heartfelt rehabilitation."
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
            Too bad the Patriots never saw fit to do the right thing...
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
              Too bad the Patriots never saw fit to do the right thing...
              give them a month
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

The list of managers who have been suspended for 1 yr or longer is only 3 names. I think that shows how harsh a penalty this is.

Hinch, Rose, Durocher
                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Punishment handed to Astos was more severe than I expected and I think it is fairly significant to lose both your GM and manager on the eve of spring training, on top of your top 4 picks over the next 2 drafts. Coupled with the loss of an assistant GM to boot. The odds makers in Vegas did not seem to feel it was severe as they have not changed the odds of the Astros winning it all though. I read in one article Alex Cora and the Red Sox can expect some similarly significant sanctions once MLB is done investigating that scandal.

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                    The list of managers who have been suspended for 1 yr or longer is only 3 names. I think that shows how harsh a penalty this is.

Hinch, Rose, Durocher
                    And Rose and Durocher touched the third rail (gambling).
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Well, I guess this pushes all the speculation about Tom Brady off the news for a bit. JFC. I really like Alex Cora, but he needs to go. Now. Especially since he was with the Astros when all that went down. The Sox just hired a brand new GM that wasn't involved so I think his job is safe. Sam Kennedy should face some punishment, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        Well, I guess this pushes all the speculation about Tom Brady off the news for a bit. JFC. I really like Alex Cora, but he needs to go. Now. Especially since he was with the Astros when all that went down. The Sox just hired a brand new GM that wasn't involved so I think his job is safe. Sam Kennedy should face some punishment, too.
                        Yeah, I don't see how Cora doesn't get canned as he was more involved than Hinch but we shall see. In other news I'll be applying for that Astros GM job and I suggest all of you do as well. That's a pretty good team to inherit. Wonder if they'll give Dombrowski a call. That would be kinda funny.
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Now do Boston next.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            Yeah, I don't see how Cora doesn't get canned as he was more involved than Hinch but we shall see. In other news I'll be applying for that Astros GM job and I suggest all of you do as well. That's a pretty good team to inherit. Wonder if they'll give Dombrowski a call. That would be kinda funny.
                            Canned? Lifetime ban is more like it
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

The Astros firing this pair in a way feels like they go unpunished. They should be forced to extend the contract of each for one year and tag two "interims" as replacement. I realize that would be just a formality but still.

Comment

Brandon "I'm So Farking Glad We Got Osuna" Taubman gets to say hello to Pete Rose on the ineligible list as well.
                                Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Working...
                                X