Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2019 and Beyond: Something Something Three True Outcomes....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MLB 2019 and Beyond: Something Something Three True Outcomes....

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    1991 is a classic. Obviously I'm biased, but it was the best World Series that I have ever seen.

1987 was interesting. It was sort of the opposite of the '91 World Series. Not a single game went to the Bottom of the Ninth.
    1987 was just bizarre. 1991 was insanely a classic. I'm saying this with bias, of course. Both teams in 91 went from worst to first. That's just bananas.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The new plan is now a late June start with three 10 team divisions.

Essentially it just combines the AL and NL divisions (i.e. AL West and NL West combine) with the exception of the Braves moving to the Central and the Pirates moving to the East.

Article I read didn’t mention how postseason would work.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Lol. They still think they’re going to play.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          The '91 Series featured not one, not two, not three, not four, but five one-run games and three extra-inning games, the last coming in Game 7. In either case most Top 5 or Top 10 lists will have both '91 and '86 in there, '88 less often.
          Jack Morris held me as a wee Twitch when he was still with the Tigers.

He went on to deliver one of the all time great World Series pitching performances, pitching 10 innings of shutout ball for the win in Game 7 of the '91 Series, considered one of the greatest games ever played.

Not saying, just saying.
          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
            Jack Morris held me as a wee Twitch when he was still with the Tigers.

He went on to deliver one of the all time great World Series pitching performances, pitching 10 innings of shutout ball for the win in Game 7 of the '91 Series, considered one of the greatest games ever played.

Not saying, just saying.
            Best part about that game, and it's lore, is that Blackjack said, "I'm staying in." And the Twins decided, ok, he's staying in.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Tom Kelly says that there were a couple times he was walking up the dugout steps to go out there and Morris' glare made him just turn around.
              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                Tom Kelly says that there were a couple times he was walking up the dugout steps to go out there and Morris' glare made him just turn around.
                Blackjack was a badarse. Plain and simple. Old-schooler.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                  Best part about that game, and it's lore, is that Blackjack said, "I'm staying in." And the Twins decided, ok, he's staying in.
                  My all-time most underrated player.

5 All-Star Games, 4 rings with 3 different teams, one of the greatest World Series pitching performances of all time, and he STILL had to get in through the Veterans Committee.
                  Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

5 All-Star Games, 4 rings with 3 different teams, one of the greatest World Series pitching performances of all time, and he STILL had to get in through the Veterans Committee.
                    The BBHOF is such BS and politics. First ballot is the top of my complaints. And then the personal BS with some of the player/media/etc relationships.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                      Tom Kelly was once asked what it would have taken to remove Morris from that game. His reply: A shotgun.
                      Code:
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        Tom Kelly was once asked what it would have taken to remove Morris from that game. His reply: A shotgun.
                        That is probably not far from the truth. There is braggadoccio. And there is Jack Morris and the like.

Comment

He was a very low-end candidate who barely made it in because he was on some spectacular post season teams and a single game

https://www.baseball-reference.com/p...orrija02.shtml

BBWAA got it right here. He didn’t have many marks of a truly great pitcher. He probably does belong in there but his tortuous path was probably also deserved.
                          Code:

Comment

He was a very low-end candidate who barely made it in because he was on some spectacular post season teams and a single game

https://www.baseball-reference.com/p...orrija02.shtml

BBWAA got it right here. He didn’t have many marks of a truly great pitcher. He probably does belong in there but his tortuous path was probably also deserved.
                            It would be interesting to see certain analytics, like WHIP and such. ERA is overated a little. W-L is definitely overrated. I think he's a lower-end "in" but he should be in. He's along the lines of Bert, without taking a closer look.

Comment

Ok, but he doesn’t have any of the hallmarks aside from those you mentioned. He’s an above average pitcher who played with some very good teams.
                              Code:

Comment

Ok, but he doesn’t have any of the hallmarks aside from those you mentioned. He’s an above average pitcher who played with some very good teams.
                                The Twins in that era were not very good statistically.

Comment

Working...
                                X