Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2019 and Beyond: Something Something Three True Outcomes....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MLB 2019 and Beyond: Something Something Three True Outcomes....

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    **** the guy who kept Jeter from unanimous.
    If Jeter isn't a hall of famer to you...sorry but you shouldn't be a voter.
    One of the few good jokes I ever heard on sports radio was that the only person the baseball hall of fame would ever unanimously elect is Bruce Springsteen.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      You're saying Mauer doesn't belong in either?
      I’m not sure he does.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        I’m not sure he does.
        I think he's in, but not first ballot.

My point was (and not directed at you) that for all the people on the fence about Mauer, you better be on the fence about Jeter.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post

My point was (and not directed at you) that for all the people on the fence about Mauer, you better be on the fence about Jeter.
          Thats incorrect and not even a comparison. Mauer had 2100 hits and 0 titles. Jeter had 3465 and 5 titles. They are not comps.
          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Titles are such a horsesh—t way to decide HOF

Like, literally the worst.
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Possibly. But its the only reason Jack Morris got in.

Playing a lot of meaningful post season games, playing well, and winning has value for HOF consideration.
              Last edited by JF_Gophers; 01-23-2020, 07:11 AM.
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Even more appalling to you should be that Buster Posey may reach the HOF before Mauer because of his 3 titles.
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

I do find that particularly appalling
                  Code:

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                    Thats incorrect and not even a comparison. Mauer had 2100 hits and 0 titles. Jeter had 3465 and 5 titles. They are not comps.
                    Put Mauer on the Yankees and see how many titles he wins. As DX said, titles are BS for HOF, in ANY team sport.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                      Put Mauer on the Yankees and see how many titles he wins. As DX said, titles are BS for HOF, in ANY team sport.
                      Odd that you have nothing in regards to the 1300 fewer hits.
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post

Derek Jeter and Joe Mauer aren't even in the same conversation in terms of their baseball careers, even if we ignore WS titles.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                          Derek Jeter and Joe Mauer aren't even in the same conversation in terms of their baseball careers, even if we ignore WS titles.
                          Mauer had a few years at the top of the game for his position at the time, but even I as a Twins fan (and Yankmee hater?) can't disagree with this.

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                            Possibly. But its the only reason Jack Morris got in.
                            Half the Yankees in the HOF are only there because of WS titles.

Bill Mazeroski is in because of one at bat in a WS.
                            Last edited by Kepler; 01-23-2020, 10:20 AM.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Cock size then??
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Bill Mazeroski is in because of one at bat in a WS.
                                Or because of a career of leading the nl in defensive measures
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X