Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2019 and Beyond: Something Something Three True Outcomes....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    And just like that, I can say that there is an MLB umpire that I have ZERO respect for
    and he don’t give two chits

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

He must care at least a little bit if he deleted his account.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
        He must care at least a little bit if he deleted his account.
        Cause of raceborder?

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: MLB 2019 and Beyond: Something Something Three True Outcomes....

Phillies hire Joe Girardi. 'The binder'makes it's return to the dugout!

Comment

Jesus, first Rossy, now Girardi. Now I'll be stuck watching more Dan Plesac and Eric Byrnes and... wait that isn't a bad thing. Haha.

Girardi was fun to listen to on MLB Network because you could tell he still had the itch. Somehow MLBNet finds the right group of guys that add the best insight into the game.

Although, Smoltz is starting to slide into the "stuck in a rut, tired cliche color commentary" being partnered with Bob Costas so much.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

Given how often I have to die on a hill defending umpires, he should
              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                Although, Smoltz is starting to slide into the "stuck in a rut, tired cliche color commentary" being partnered with Bob Costas so much.
                Smoltz was always awful. He has Orel Hershiser Disease. He's just so happy with himself he needs a punch in the face between innings to keep him grounded.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Well, as a Nats fan, I really didn't see the team going up on the Astros 2-0.

But I really want to see 2 more wins at home.
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                    Well, as a Nats fan, I really didn't see the team going up on the Astros 2-0.

But I really want to see 2 more wins at home.
                    Beating their two big dogs, too.

I'm in a Nats fan shop at work (suddenly; they didn't know the team existed a month ago) and it's actually quite fun. They aren't gross like Red Sox or Yankees fans, they're just enjoying the ride and kinda have stars in their eyes. I have no problem seeing them win it all.
                    Last edited by Kepler; 10-24-2019, 10:21 AM.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                      WAS is so confident, they are putting in Rodney. Woof.
                      Rodney has now pitched in a World Baseball Classic, AL and NL All-Star Games, AL and NL Wild Card Games, ALDS and NLDS, ALCS and NLCS, and AL and NL World Series.
                      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        Beating their two big dogs, too.
                        Verlander is not a big dog in the World Series. Not even close. He has now tied a record of futility -- most consecutive WS losses for a starting pitcher. With an ERA of 5.67 before last night's game.
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

With Houston down 2-0, that first playing of Baby Shark at Nats Park might end up being the death blow.

It's going to be like those 90's Bulls intros - when Alan Parsons hits you're already mentally down 10.
                          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                            Verlander is not a big dog in the World Series. Not even close. He has now tied a record of futility -- most consecutive WS losses for a starting pitcher. With an ERA of 5.67 before last night's game.
                            And I have no idea why he was sent out to start the 7th inning.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                              Well, you know the old joke: "you have to be a pretty good pitcher to lose 20 games."
                              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Actually I like it. It's the only relocation since KC to Oakland I accept, although I miss Montreal.

If you reduced baseball to teams whose existence I acknowledge as metaphysically valuable you'd have:

NL

Brooklyn Dodgers
                                Chicago Cubs
                                New York Giants
                                St. Louis Cardinals

AL

Detroit Tigers
                                New York Yankees
                                Philadelphia Athletics
                                Washington Senators
                                Except those Senators now reside in Minneapolis.

However, I'll concede if you allow the Stars (along with their full name and colors) and Wild to swap locations and swap the Lakers with the Wolves.

Comment

Working...
                                X