Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2019 and Beyond: Something Something Three True Outcomes....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MLB 2019 and Beyond: Something Something Three True Outcomes....

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    Plus, I don't think people realize how much MLB made when they sold off their digital production subsidiary. I remember seeing a figure somewhere how much each team gets paid for that sale per year (I forget how many years they get paid). It's in the $100's of million range. Per team!
    I don't think it's as much as I thought it was. Basically, Disney bought BAMTech for around $1.6 billion from MLB. Each team were equal partners in the ownership of BAMTech. So that equates out to about $53 million per team, but it was a one time payment. Some reports say each team actually got $68 million, but that may be due to profits from that year of sale as well (BAMTech reportedly generated around $620 million revenue per year).

So, just one year, but it still shows other areas where MLB teams make money that many people don't think about. And they are still pulling in the profits from MLB Advanced Media which essentially replaced BAMTech, but only concentrates on MLB's needs, unlike BAMTech which spread out to many other customers. Thus, the reason Disney bought them. Plus, MLB Advanced Media owns Stadium and Tickets.com along with 15% of BAMTech.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      I grew up within 12 miles of that stadium. To be fair, that area (Nassau County, NY) is ground zero for the most loathsome people on the planet. A planet that includes Marin County and wherever Dump is from.
      Forest Hills is in Queens. Or are you referring to where you grew up?
      Russell Jaslow

Comment

Forest Hills is in Queens. Or are you referring to where you grew up?
        You're right, it is in Queens. I think of the white part of Queens as Manhasset. Queens I think of the Mets. Or Hollis.

I grew up in Suffolk, which you can tell because I don't live in a McMansion or mention my Ivy edu-- oh snap never mind.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I grew up in Suffolk, which you can tell because I don't live in a McMansion or mention my Ivy edu-- oh snap never mind.
          Smithtown for me.
          Russell Jaslow

Comment

My cousin once worked the concession stands at the U.S. Open (for tennis, probably back when it was still in Forest Hills) when he was in high school. Mind boggling the stories he told me. Makes you never want to buy food at a concession stand. Then again, talk to a restaurant worker, and you probably won't want to go out to eat anymore...
            If you're a polite customer, you're good. If you're a picky, I wanna talk to the manager, grumpy, a-hole, etc etc..."Waiting" is a documentary. I've never had an issue at a restaurant, even when there was an issue with my meal, because I know how it works on the other side of the counter.

Something is served, and it's not the way I wanted it? Make it sound like it was a miscommunication on my part, and be polite, and apologize. The server will WANT to take care of you and make sure it's right.

You make a bunch of changes/adjustments to what is actually on the menu or fault the server (even if it may indeed be their fault), then they will beech at the cooks, and the cooks will let you feel their wrath, because they don't like getting beeched at.

Edit: FTR, I go out for lunch every Sunday to the same local place (no it's not Old Chicago, for those who know me). I have a beer and a meal. I think I've been charged for about 4 beers since May, because I'm told I'm one of the lowest-maintenance customers (and being a regular does help a little).
            Last edited by The Rube; 12-12-2019, 09:07 PM.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
              If you're a polite customer, you're good. If you're a picky, I wanna talk to the manager, grumpy, a-hole, etc etc..."Waiting" is a documentary. I've never had an issue at a restaurant, even when there was an issue with my meal, because I know how it works on the other side of the counter.

Something is served, and it's not the way I wanted it? Make it sound like it was a miscommunication on my part, and be polite, and apologize. The server will WANT to take care of you and make sure it's right.

You make a bunch of changes/adjustments to what is actually on the menu or fault the server (even if it may indeed be their fault), then they will beech at the cooks, and the cooks will let you feel their wrath, because they don't like getting beeched at.

Edit: FTR, I go out for lunch every Sunday to the same local place (no it's not Old Chicago, for those who know me). I have a beer and a meal. I think I've been charged for about 4 beers since May, because I'm told I'm one of the lowest-maintenance customers (and being a regular does help a little).
              Pity beer.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                Pity beer.
                Like I order the cheap sh* that you guys drink.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Smithtown for me.
                  Huntington. "Visit our bars!"
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Huntington. "Visit our bars!"
                    I did. Many times.
                    Russell Jaslow

Comment

I did. Many times.
                      Canterbury Ales finally closed. :-(

It is entirely possible I am in this picture, age 16.
                      Cornell University

Comment

back to mlb...

the yankess have committed more $$ to cole (324mm) than the pirates as an organization have to all their fa signings over the past 25yrs (299.5mm).

and that, mookie's freinds, is the issue. cheaparse owners are ruining the game for some. not the players and not overspending.
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I love the show "Baseball Seasons" in MLB Network. You get lost memories about players and other fun gems.

Like the Tigers trading a prospect named John Smoltz for Doyle Alexander for the stretch run in 87.
                          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

So the Rangers' new park caught fire yesterday.
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Reported:

Kluber traded to the Rangers.
                              Bumgarner to the D Backs for 5 yrs/$85mm
                              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                                So the Rangers' new park caught fire yesterday.
                                What was wrong with their other one? I didn’t think it was that old.

Comment

Working...
                                X