Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2019 and Beyond: Something Something Three True Outcomes....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MLB 2019 and Beyond: Something Something Three True Outcomes....

Olbermann suggests 32 game season.

Intra-division only. Presumably all four games series. I'm on board. Better than Christmas baseball or whatever Scott Boras was trying to push.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      Oh I think you meant in stadium live. That’s different because I watched it live on TV as well (Alaska is part of the Mariners market).

I moved down for school and soccer refereeing in fall 2003. The M’s started to really suck then but it was still worth it to watch Ichiro somehow go 3 for 4 and Edgar whack a double until Gar retired in 2004. Left in summer 2005.
      No I meant on tv live, though I did see games that season at Safeco.

IINM, Ichiro's BA in the games I saw in person was 1.000.

However, in the dozens of Mariners games I saw in person the only Mariner to ever hit a homerun was Ruppert Jones.
      Last edited by Kepler; 03-27-2020, 01:18 PM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
        Olbermann suggests 32 game season.

Intra-division only. Presumably all four games series. I'm on board. Better than Christmas baseball or whatever Scott Boras was trying to push.
        32-team tournament seeded by final standings from 2019. 3-game series. Quarterfinals @ 5 games, semis & finals 7.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Root Sports NW replaying Mariners opening day game in 2001 against Oakland.

So it’s the 116 win Mariners with debuting Ichiro, Edgar Martinez and Jon Olerud playing the pre-Moneyball A’s with Damon, the Giambi’s, and Tejada.

And of course nowadays neither team will threaten the playoffs.
          On behalf of Mr. Jon Bois, I advise you to clear your schedule.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pkVu6Kw00M

Parts 2 through 6 in the coming weeks.
          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post

I watched that already!
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              No I meant on tv live, though I did see games that season at Safeco.

IINM, Ichiro's BA in the games I saw in person was 1.000.

However, in the dozens of Mariners games I saw in person the only Mariner to ever hit a homerun was Ruppert Jones.
              Fun fact: Every MLB game I've been to in person has had a home run. 3 game sample size but still

Mets at Cubs 2001: Sammy Sosa hit two onto Waveland, Mike Piazza crushed one, Joe McEwing hitting one as well.

Twins at Mariners 2004: Jacque Jones.

Twins at Mariners 2005 (Opening Day); Richie Sexton in his M's career highlight.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post

I watched that already!
                Ahhh!!! I can't wait for the rest of this! The M's were my second team during the '90s. The Kid was my favorite player. Except when he was a Cincinnati Red. I knew the Pilots/Brewers history was weird, but never knew how bad the first two decades were.

Thank you for this link. The work these guys do is amazing (loved their Red Wings / Avalanche history) and they present it so well.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

With no sports MLB Network is airing their greatest games. Made me think of what my criteria order would be to rank them.

1. WS Game 7
                  2. WS Extra innings
                  3. World Series
                  4. Series clinching game
                  5. Playoffs
                  6. Come back win
                  7. Walk off
                  8. Playoff birth
                  9. Unique circumstances
                  10. Everything else
                  PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                  NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                      I met Hank Azaria in Central Park in December 2016. He was very nice, but definitely thought I was crazy.
                      North Dakota
                      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Any time he's on Colbert it's a gold mine, and he should have hosted SNL about 20 times already.

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                          With no sports MLB Network is airing their greatest games. Made me think of what my criteria order would be to rank them.

1. WS Game 7
                          2. WS Extra innings
                          3. World Series
                          4. Series clinching game
                          5. Playoffs
                          6. Come back win
                          7. Walk off
                          8. Playoff birth
                          9. Unique circumstances
                          10. Everything else
                          Good list. Assuming unique circumstances would include perfect game, no hitter, cycle, etc? I'd have those listed pretty high up, possibly top 3.

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

1. WS Game 7
                            2. WS Extra innings
                            3. World Series
                            4. Series clinching game
                            5. Playoffs
                            6. Come back win
                            7. Walk off
                            8. Playoff birth
                            9. Unique circumstances
                            10. Everything else
                            1991 World Series Game 7:
                            1. Check
                            2. Check
                            3. Check
                            4. Check
                            5. Check
                            6. No...although I have to imagine the likelihood of winning chart for this game is off the charts with all the opportunities the teams had throughout the game.
                            7. Check
                            8. No.
                            9. Check - Two future hall of famers pitching lights out (Morris, obviously for all 10 innings, and Smoltz, for 7 1/3).
                            10. Check. Great defense. Deception. A 3-2-3 double play. The greatest postseason pitching performance in history. Only 1 run scored, but 17 base hits. Respect between the teams (Smith shaking Harper's hand before the first pitch). Yep, this game had everything else.

Obviously, I'm a bit biased, but the 1991 World Series was the best ever, and Game 7 of the series is the greatest baseball game ever played.
                            North Dakota

Comment

1991 Game 6 would like to have a word with you.

btw - we watched Game 6 from International Market Square for a Halloween Party. The place was packed and while they had video for the game on the main screen instead of dance floor graphics, the sound was off. They changed that in the 9th through the end. When Kirby went yard I must have hugged and kissed 20 people, most of them strangers, possibly half of them men.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                1991 Game 6 would like to have a word with you.

btw - we watched Game 6 from International Market Square for a Halloween Party. The place was packed and while they had video for the game on the main screen instead of dance floor graphics, the sound was off. They changed that in the 9th through the end. When Kirby went yard I must have hugged and kissed 20 people, most of them strangers, possibly half of them men.
                                Game 6 was special for certain (indeed, there were a handful of games that were special in that WS...hence why it was the best ever). Given that Kirby Puckett was my hero, it has an extra special place in my heart. That being said, when I go back through that World Series, I will fast forward through chunks of Game 6. I watch Game 7 in its entirety.

ETA: Whenever I hear Jack Buck's "And we'll see you tomorrow night" I still get chills.
                                Last edited by Fighting Sioux 23; 04-01-2020, 04:19 PM.
                                North Dakota

Comment

Working...
                                X