Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2019 and Beyond: Something Something Three True Outcomes....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MLB 2019 and Beyond: Something Something Three True Outcomes....

**** them all to Jupiter.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
      Dusty Baker wants MLB to step in and prevent bean balls from connecting with Astros' players this season.
      Good news for the Astros! The new Apple Watch will have a Beanball Warning Alert.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
        The player "apologies" are just making things worse. Correa saying Altuve had a half-finished tattoo? SERIOUSLY? Not one person on this planet believes that.

The players are right to be ****ed, and I love all the interviews where they're honest about it. Bryant had a really good one as well. They have to find a way to punish the players or the team as a whole, otherwise, you're depending on the moral compass of players to not cheat. And look where that got us now.
        The tattoo thing was beyond a pathetic excuse (having a few tatts myself). Saying that the cheating didn't affect the outcome? Bwahahahahahaha. While it's a bit old-fashioned, I hope a few Houston Asterisks get plunked this season.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          The tattoo thing was beyond a pathetic excuse (having a few tatts myself). Saying that the cheating didn't affect the outcome? Bwahahahahahaha. While it's a bit old-fashioned, I hope a few Houston Asterisks get plunked this season.
          They may not as Manfred has come out saying he'll punish those who plunk Astros more severely.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/02/16/rob-manfred-will-issue-warning-to-mlb-teams-about-plunking-astros-hitters/amp/
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
            They may not as Manfred has come out saying he'll punish those who plunk Astros more severely.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....s-hitters/amp/
            The question is...how does he determine an accident vs on purpose? That's a sticky situation....
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

The question is...how does he determine an accident vs on purpose? That's a sticky situation....
              My guess is hit any Astros player and it will be more severe.
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

If pitchers offer a half-hearted apology will that get them off the hook? Or does that only work for Houston players?

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                  If pitchers offer a half-hearted apology will that get them off the hook? Or does that only work for Houston players?
                  They have to claim the ball slipped because of an unfinished tattoo.
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

My guess is hit any Astros player and it will be more severe.
                    If that's the case, every Asterisk will be camping out ON home plate while at bat....

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                      BDubs posted this yesterday.

Astros fans got mad and started a boycott hashtag. I’m guessing some Houston managers/franchisees said something because today BDubs came back with this lame response, which I believe is actually more of an apology than any of the Astros gave.

I want to boycott them for caving, but I don't go there. Oh well.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                        I want to boycott them for caving, but I don't go there. Oh well.
                        That’s actually a pretty good Yogi Berra imitation. I want to boycott them but I don’t go there. Very nice!
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

I have an idea.

EVERY pitcher beans EVERY Asterisk's batter.

What would the league do?

Comment

I have an idea.

EVERY pitcher beans EVERY Asterisk's batter.

What would the league do?
                            Get rich(er) by fining the pitchers millions of dollars?

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                              Get rich(er) by fining the pitchers millions of dollars?
                              That'd be their only option. Can't suspend every pitcher...

Then, of course, there's still the fight with the player's union over the fines...

Comment

**** Manfred. Way to get your priorities straight d—khead
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X