Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2019 and Beyond: Something Something Three True Outcomes....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MLB 2019 and Beyond: Something Something Three True Outcomes....

Twins trying to make me believe they could win a playoff game. But I'm not falling for it.
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      sox hate the coloreds.

pumpise green!!!
      Pumpsie. The city of Boston has always regretted that move.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
        Mookie Betts and David Price to the Dodgers.
        I don't want to hear anyone ever complain about the Yankees "buying" World Series anymore.
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
          I don't want to hear anyone ever complain about the Yankees "buying" World Series anymore.
          More than 1 team can try to buy world series.
          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
            Mookie Betts and David Price to the Dodgers.

Was John Henry really that cheap?
            I hate the deal, but its 50/50 between cheapness being spun as "we need to get under the luxury tax for one year" and Betts wants a Mike Trout like contract that legitimately should give people pause. Apparently he's asking for 12 years at like 35M a year. Those contracts rarely work out well and since he's already 27 that means you'd be paying him 35M a year throughout his late 30's.

Provided they didn't burn any bridges (a big IF) they can always go after him in free agency if his price and length of contract demands come down a little. There can't be that many teams who can afford that sort of money.
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
              I hate the deal, but its 50/50 between cheapness being spun as "we need to get under the luxury tax for one year" and Betts wants a Mike Trout like contract that legitimately should give people pause. Apparently he's asking for 12 years at like 35M a year. Those contracts rarely work out well and since he's already 27 that means you'd be paying him 35M a year throughout his late 30's.

Provided they didn't burn any bridges (a big IF) they can always go after him in free agency if his price and length of contract demands come down a little. There can't be that many teams who can afford that sort of money.
              You forget that Boston's loathsome media and quote fans unquote will immediately go into blame hyperdrive. Either management is WORST EVAH!!11! (after 4 World Series titles) or more likely Mookie is ungrateful and delusional and colored, er I mean, spoiled.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                You forget that Boston's loathsome media and quote fans unquote will immediately go into blame hyperdrive. Either management is WORST EVAH!!11! (after 4 World Series titles) or more likely Mookie is ungrateful and delusional and colored, er I mean, spoiled.
                Kep you're 30 years behind the times. Most people in Boston consider the sports media to be the pathetic talentless hacks that they are! The ones who still listen to their drivel have one foot out the door on their way to Florida anyway.

The worst thing that ever happened to the careers of Boston sports reporters is when the teams all started winning championships. 20 years of mailing in lazy columns about dysfunctional front offices and perennial losing went poof just like that.
                Last edited by Rover; 02-05-2020, 09:47 AM.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Kep you're 30 years behind the times. Most people in Boston consider the sports media to be the pathetic talentless hacks that they are! The ones who still listen to their drivel have one foot out the door on their way to Florida anyway.

The worst thing that ever happened to the careers of Boston sports reporters is when the teams all started winning championships. 20 years of mailing in lazy columns about dysfunctional front offices and perennial losing went poof just like that.
                  don't you DARE disparage the red headed girl friend like that!!!!!
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Would somebody in the Greater DelMarVa area please come to my house and kill me now?
                    Cornell University

Comment

Whoops. Twins prospect failed his physical. Betts is not a Dodger yet.
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                        Whoops. Twins prospect failed his physical. Betts is not a Dodger yet.
                        He didn't fail a physical. The Red Sox are balking after reviewing his medical records. They indicate that he'll end up being a reliever, which the Twins had decided weeks ago.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                          He didn't fail a physical. The Red Sox are balking after reviewing his medical records. They indicate that he'll end up being a reliever, which the Twins had decided weeks ago.
                          Its all the same end result. That the trade is held up.
                          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Would somebody in the Greater DelMarVa area please come to my house and kill me now?
                            Pay for my airfare and I'm THERE!

Comment

Red Sox now asking the Twins for another top-ten prospect in addition to Graterol. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

We got Maeda. No.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Pay for my airfare and I'm THERE!
                                Can you use gofundme for transportation cost to kill someone?

If it's Kepler?

Comment

Working...
                                X