UMD 2019-20 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMD 2019-20 Season Thread

Recap of yesterday's game...and some highlights...Klein with a post and a crossbar...

https://umdbulldogs.com/news/2020/2/...dji-state.aspx

Comment

And it appears that the 'Dogs just downed the Beavs today 4-1.

If someone who actually watched it can confirm that and make it official, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
        And it appears that the 'Dogs just downed the Beavs today 4-1.

If someone who actually watched it can confirm that and make it official, thanks.
        Yup...UMD played well today.
        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
          Yup...UMD played well today.
          Attending the game, it was clear UMD came out fired up after yesterday’s loss and all of BSU’s puck luck was used up yesterday. The two quick goals in the 2nd seemed to take the wind out of BSU’s sails as a 3-0 deficit is tough overcome. To BSU’s credit, they battled hard to the end. Tough to see the season end today but winning yesterday’s epic helps take some of the sting out.

Comment

Here's the wrap and UMD highlights from yesterday's game.

I'd imagine that the Beavs' choolie has had better games. Looks like she misplayed Klein's shot and tried to trap it on her chest...which is really awkward...and it didn't work...looks like it bounced up over her short side shoulder and in. She looked shocked.

And on Brodt's goal...well, Brodt scored from behind the goal line! Hard to make out but it looks like it bounced off the blade of the goalie's stick which directed it into the net. Poor technique, if that's what happened. The blade of her stick should have been far more across her body to her left so as to close the door on the puck...she paid the price.

UMD's 3rd goal was dumb luck with a shot taken from the slot which hit a defender's stick which deflected it downward and in...Goalie had no chance and I would imagine she was thinking by then "it's just one of those games". Too bad it was a playoff game.

UMD's last goal was a beauty.

On paper this victory looks better (appears possibly more commanding) than the actual goals would seem to depict.

A goal is a goal and a victory is a victory but I would say that if the 'Dogs hope to upset the Diggers next week the coaching staff had better make sure that they ice the BullDogs and kennel the chihuahuas as a first step since this has been a never ending problem all season and I think it's a coaching problem. And secondly, aggressive consistent play making leading to confidence building decent goals is the key to victory. Take away the fluky stuff yesterday and it's another tie game going into OT again...which didn't work out so well for them the night before.

https://umdbulldogs.com/news/2020/3/...dji-state.aspx

Comment

[QUOTE=Blackbeard;6913927]Here's the wrap and UMD highlights from yesterday's game.

I'd imagine that the Beavs' choolie has had better games. Looks like she misplayed Klein's shot and tried to trap it on her chest...which is really awkward...and it didn't work...looks like it bounced up over her short side shoulder and in. She looked shocked.

And on Brodt's goal...well, Brodt scored from behind the goal line! Hard to make out but it looks like it bounced off the blade of the goalie's stick which directed it into the net. Poor technique, if that's what happened. The blade of her stick should have been far more across her body to her left so as to close the door on the puck...she paid the price.

UMD's 3rd goal was dumb luck with a shot taken from the slot which hit a defender's stick which deflected it downward and in...Goalie had no chance and I would imagine she was thinking by then "it's just one of those games". Too bad it was a playoff game.

On paper this victory looks better (appears possibly more commanding) than the actual goals would seem to depict.

A goal is a goal and a victory is a victory but I would say that if the 'Dogs hope to upset the Diggers next week the coaching staff had better make sure that they ice the BullDogs and kennel the chihuahuas as a first step since this has been a never ending problem all season and I think it's a coaching problem. And secondly, aggressive consistent play making leading to confidence building decent goals is the key to victory. Take away the fluky stuff yesterday and it's another tie game going into OT again...which didn't work out so well for them the night before.

[url]https://umdbulldogs.com/news/2020/3/1/womens-hockey-no-9-bulldogs-storm-back-to-clinch-wcha-quarterfinal-in-4-1-romp-of-bemidji-state.aspx

Question for you, does Crowell only do pressers after UMD wins? I was never able to find a press conference after Bemidji swept UMD earlier in the year as I was curious what her take was on that series.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                Here's the wrap and UMD highlights from yesterday's game.

https://umdbulldogs.com/news/2020/3/...dji-state.aspx
                Question for you, does Crowell only do pressers after UMD wins? I was never able to find a press conference after Bemidji swept UMD earlier in the year as I was curious what her take was on that series.

Comment

Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post
                  That's a good question but I don't know the answer.

I would have thought that the answer was yes. I seem to recall watching one or two after losses this season but I can't be sure.

I just checked back for you and if there were any videos with the recaps for that series they are no longer there (meaning no longer embedded in the write up).

So, you might have unearthed something.

Comment

I don't know about posting videos or not, but for her part, Crowell has always been willing to speak to the media after a game, win or lose. I couldn't say the same for her predecessor. Here's the most recent defeat:
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HHbyy0y32w

For a road series, there may not have been any media wanting to speak to her.
                    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                      I don't know about posting videos or not, but for her part, Crowell has always been willing to speak to the media after a game, win or lose. I couldn't say the same for her predecessor. Here's the most recent defeat:
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HHbyy0y32w

For a road series, there may not have been any media wanting to speak to her.
                      Thanks for sharing that link. I always enjoy hearing coaches’ perspectives on their wins and losses.

And good point about pressers after road series though I had searched for her longer, mid-week press conference following that series and didn’t find it. Maybe it’s just no longer posted.

Comment

• Re: UMD 2019-20 Season Thread

Is there no free stream for today's WCHA Playoff Games?

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                          Is there no free stream for today's WCHA Playoff Games?
                          I believe today is games or just on FloSports. Championship on Sunday is on Fox sports North and I think fox sports Wisconsin

Comment

I believe today is games or just on FloSports. Championship on Sunday is on Fox sports North and I think fox sports Wisconsin
                            Also BTN Plus (which is also $)

Comment

Thanks, I came to the same conclusion about the first part and the second part, unfortunately, doesn't do me any good.

But thanks for responding.

Comment

Former UMD player....

https://cronkitenews.azpbs.org/2020/...ream-gap-tour/

Comment

Working...
                                X