UMD 2019-20 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMD 2019-20 Season Thread

Beav's down 'Dogs 2-1 in an epic 3OT Leap Day battle to tie the opening WCHA Playoff Series.

(I told someone today that it is Leap Day...his response: "Then it's not a real day"). Tell that to these two teams.

With 8:43 left in the 3rd OT it was within striking distance of the Cornell vs UMD Thrilla' at Agganis in the 3OT 2010 Frozen Four Championship Game that ended with 34.6 seconds left on the clock.

Their legs are going to be like spaghetti tomorrow. They're going to have to toss the sock tape and use duct tape...and possibly splints.

The fans at Amsoil sure got their money's worth and I envy those who got to watch the stream.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
      Beav's down 'Dogs 2-1 in an epic 3OT Leap Day battle to tie the opening WCHA Playoff Series.

(I told someone today that it is Leap Day...his response: "Then it's not a real day"). Tell that to these two teams.

With 8:43 left in the 3rd OT it was within striking distance of the Cornell vs UMD Thrilla' at Agganis in the 3OT 2010 Frozen Four Championship Game that ended with 34.6 seconds left on the clock.

Their legs are going to be like spaghetti tomorrow. They're going to have to toss the sock tape and use duct tape...and possibly splints.

The fans at Amsoil sure got their money's worth and I envy those who got to watch the stream.
      I think it actually went to 4 OT’s didn’t it?

Comment

Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post
        The goal came 8:43 into the 4th OT.

128:43 total time elapsed.

( I was listening to the Bemidji radio stream on the internet. I think Kelly Schultze broke my headphones, she screamed so loud when they scored.)

Comment

You may be right but not according to the game's Live Stats...which are often anything but. And I've been conditioned not to trust them (but I thought how can they get this wrong?). So, if you are right then it surpassed the Thrilla at Agganis for length of game.

I guess we'll find out for sure when more credible sources recap the game.

Comment

Double overtime breaks Live Stats' clock. It says twenty minutes are left in any period after the first OT even as it is played and, apparently, it runs out of fingers after three extra periods and doesn't advance that, either. It says BSU won in the third OT. I noticed this as I followed the Maine/BU game last night, and it held true again today.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post

I guess we'll find out for sure when more credible sources recap the game.
              You can look at the box score at the WCHA web site, and note the amount of time Lauren Bench spent at goal for Bemidji:

http://www.wcha.com/women/boxes20.php?wbmjmnd1.f29

(Or you could believe me! I was listening to the Bemidji radio stream. I heard through that stream the arena announcer give the goal summary. It can 8:43 into the 4th overtime. 128:43 total elapsed time.)

:-)

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                The goal came 8:43 into the 4th OT.

128:43 total time elapsed.

( I was listening to the Bemidji radio stream on the internet. I think Kelly Schultze broke my headphones, she screamed so loud when they scored.)
                You are 100% correct. Won in the 4th OT

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                  You can look at the box score at the WCHA web site, and note the amount of time Lauren Bench spent at goal for Bemidji:

https://www.wcha.com/women/boxes20.php?wbmjmnd1.f29

(Or you could believe me! I was listening to the Bemidji radio stream. I heard through that stream the arena announcer give the goal summary. It can 8:43 into the 4th overtime. 128:43 total elapsed time.)

:-)
                  Yes, one of those credible sources that I was alluding to was the WCHA's site...which I saw has confirmed the 4OT.

However, I also believed you.

Live Stats had almost no credibility with me prior to tonight but after reading Eeyore's explanation, they now have none.

Thanks for your input.

Sounds like it was a hell of a game.

Comment

I understand why UMD usually doesn't include opponents' goals in its highlight packages, but when a goal ends the longest game in program history, I think you have to show it. Otherwise, it is like a funeral with no mention of the deceased.
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxHiQU9ahxg
                    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                      I understand why UMD usually doesn't include opponents' goals in its highlight packages, but when a goal ends the longest game in program history, I think you have to show it. Otherwise, it is like a funeral with no mention of the deceased.
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxHiQU9ahxg
                      LMAO! True!

Comment

Today’s game will be an interesting one. Does the fact that BSU had a bye last weekend mean their legs will be a fraction less dead than UMD’s? Does BSU suddenly feel their mojo while UMD might be gripping sticks tight with the pressure? Can both goalies stand on their heads again?

Im predicting 4-2 with an ENG. I just can’t tell you who will win.

Comment

Today’s game will be an interesting one. Does the fact that BSU had a bye last weekend mean their legs will be a fraction less dead than UMD’s? Does BSU suddenly feel their mojo while UMD might be gripping sticks tight with the pressure? Can both goalies stand on their heads again?

Im predicting 4-2 with an ENG. I just can’t tell you who will win.
                          7-6 in OT. Lots of sloppy play due to tired legs.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            7-6 in OT. Lots of sloppy play due to tired legs.
                            Are you thinking BU vs Cornell circa 2012?

Comment

I wish the Flohockey videographer would zoom out juuusssttt a bit..

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                7-6 in OT.
                                Down 4-0, the Beavers hope that you're correct.

Comment

Working...
                                X