Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMD 2019-20 Season Thread

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
    'Dogs down Beavs 3-2 today for the sweep this weekend.

Highlights of last night's game was added to the previous post.
    ??

WCHA page says it is 4-2 right now, halfway through the third period.

Comment

'Dogs down Beavs 3-2 today for the sweep this weekend.

Highlights of last night's game was added to the previous post.
      I'm pretty sure that was only after two periods. I see UMD up 4-2 with eleven minutes left in the third. Then again, my place in the space-time continuum is askew from trying to follow the Gopher game.

Comment

WCHA page now says 4-2 final, win for UMD.

(and St Cloud won a game!)

Comment

Yeah, thanks and sorry guys. Thought the game was over, it was two hours in and the clock had run out on Live Stats. Must have been from the end of the second period. Not the first time I've been led astray by the delay in Live Stats information.

Yes, the final score was 4-2 'Dogs.

Here's the highlights...nice backhand goal by Bell (who has been quite productive lately) from the open side of the net, high far side.

https://youtu.be/lmSIlZDQkgI

Comment

Yeah, thanks and sorry guys. Thought the game was over, it was two hours in and the clock had run out on Live Stats. Must have been from the end of the second period. Not the first time I've been led astray by the delay in Live Stats information.

Yes, the final score was 4-2 'Dogs.

Here's the highlights...nice backhand goal by Bell (who has been quite
            productive lately) from the open side of the net, high far side.

https://youtu.be/lmSIlZDQkgI
            Rooney and special teams were the difference for the Dogs. First round of the WCHA playoffs will be very interesting if the Beavers can clean things up a bit.

Comment

Highlights from yesterday's game vs UW.

Some nice goals.
              https://youtu.be/iLzxIIKXugE

Comment

Some nice goals.
                Thanks for the link, I got too see what went wrong for UW.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Some nice goals.
                  Some not so nice goals. It would be nice to see the 5 on UMD!

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                    Hey, we have to promote whatever is not garbage in today's society even if 50% is indeed garbage. Rah Rah go team go.

And that horn is just ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                      I agree.

And as far as seeing the goals scored on UMD are concerned I have expressed my opinion on that here before more than once.

I think they should be shown in the highlights...all the goals that were scored in the game should be shown. I think not to show the goals scored by the opposition is disingenuous and, worse, it allows for the possibility to paint a certain picture of how a game went that may not be even close to being true.

So, I'm definitely not a fan of taking goals out of context, as it were.

I get why they do it...but I don't have to like it. Seems unethical to me.

Comment

I agree.

And as far as seeing the goals scored on UMD are concerned I have expressed my opinion on that here before more than once.

I think they should be shown in the highlights...all the goals that were scored in the game should be shown. I think not to show the goals scored by the opposition is disingenuous and, worse, it allows for the possibility to paint a certain picture of how a game went that may not be even close to being true.

So, I'm definitely not a fan of taking goals out of context, as it were.

I get why they do it...but I don't have to like it. Seems unethical to me.
                        A true sportsman you are. Also, seeing opponents' goals is also hockey, which we as fans of hockey can appreciate no matter who scores or who makes a big save.

Comment

We get why they package it that way, though. These are UMD highlights. From a UMD perspective, why show the worst plays from the game? If they are game highlights, documenting why one team won and the other lost, then the focus is different. We feel the omission more in a sport like women's hockey where the replays are just so hard to find.
                          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

'Dogs down the Beavs 2-1 in their first WCHA Playoff Game tonight.

(Anyone else getting huge Google ads showing up in almost every post? Real aggravating.)

Comment

'Dogs down the Beavs 2-1 in their first WCHA Playoff Game tonight.

(Anyone else getting huge Google ads showing up in almost every post? Real aggravating.)
                              Yep on the ads.

Comment

I found it interesting how the arena played penalty highlights in last nights game. There was a penalty against Hughes that the refs took a long look at and they must’ve replayed it 10 times on the video board. I don’t recall seeing something like that done very often. Personally I like getting a chance to see a replay multiple times but I just thought it was different.

Comment

Working...
                                X