• Show
Clear All

Re: WCHA Pick 'Em 2019-2020

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
    Got it. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

This was a tough week. 9 players whiffed on all 4 of Saturday's games. Out of 33 possible points for the week, mbenecke led the way with 23 points of which 10 were from the bonus. This performance vaulted him into first place over last week's leader Stauber1. As for the bonus, it was a pretty good one...we'll add this to the regular rotation. At the 13:19 mark of the second period on Friday, BG's Max Johnson scored his 5th goal of the season. The next goal went to BG's Cameron Wright at the 19:50 mark of the third for a total time between goals of 26:31 which is rounded up to 27:00. On Saturday, Ferris' Zach Yoder scored his 3rd of the season at the 17:56 mark of the first period. No other goals were scored until Marshall Moise lit the lamp at the 4:06 mark of the third for for a total time between goals of 26:10 which is rounded up to 27:00. So yeah, I guess the final result is 27 minutes. Manurespreader was the only other player to pick up 10 bonus points.

Code:
      Name		      Points
      Manurespreader		10
      mbenecke		10
      walktheline		 9
      Wi.HuskiesFan		 9
      SweeneyHawksHockey	 8
      GoNanooks		 7
      hawerchuck		 7
      Soulbeaver		 7
      Footballguy51		 6
      MTUHuskyGold		 6
      puckdude40		 6
      Scrum Bucket		 6
      BGSURICK		 5
      Bronco Hockey Fan	 5
      klbaum1077		 5
      GIWAN			 4
      gochiefs		 4
      John J. MacInnes	 4
      Laker Dude		 4
      BGFan			 3
      potternmu		 3
      MavHockey14		 1
      It's holiday tournament time! There are two tournaments each with two WCHA teams entered (GLI and Mariucci). For the second day, pick all the games; I'll only use the actual games played. Also, since tournament OT rules are not consistent (and I can't figure out which tournament abides by which rules), the NCAA 65 minutes "rule" will be observed for the GLI, Mariucci, and Catamount Cup. This means after 65 minutes these games could end in a tie regardless of the final outcome so the Tie option is in play.

Since there are quite a few days between now and the end of the year, I'll post the week 13 picks later in December so that everyone has plenty of time to pick the January games.

Week 12 picks
      View response summaries
      View response details

WCHA Pick Em Standings

Comment

I want to know how many people picked the LSSU win on Saturday? Or the NMU win.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
          I didn't.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Darn, I picked the Clarkson - MTU tie on the wrong night, close but no cigar!!!

Comment

I went with the homer pick on Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                I went with the homer pick on Saturday
                Who would do that?

Comment

Zero players picked LSSU on Friday night. However, 7 players know that BG plays like c.r.a.p. on Saturdays and picked up points - Laker Dude, potternmu, Footballguy51, NHBEAVERFAN, Klbaum1077, icd80, and crossjcek who initially picked BG but changed to the Lakers at the last minute.

2 players correctly picked Northern's win over Mankato on Saturday - potternmu and Footballguy51. Interestingly enough, crossjcek initially picked NMU but changed to Mankato at the last minute.

2 players correctly picked the Tech/Clarkson tie on Friday - Hockey John and MTUHuskies.

Comment

I sent you an email regarding my picks from last week as I only entered them once and any "second entry" should have been sonofcrossjcek.

Comment

Originally posted by crossjcek View Post
                      I sent you an email regarding my picks from last week as I only entered them once and any "second entry" should have been sonofcrossjcek.
                      OK, I see the email and the picks were posted in time. I will make the correction and the results will show up when I post week 12 picks.

And if sonofcrossjcek really is your son, you should start copying his homework...!
                      Last edited by TalonsUpPuckDown; 12-18-2019, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Thank you for doing that... and yes he is beating me up in his rookie year. My year has been very poor.

Comment

When did you say the holiday pick em is going to show up?

Comment

When did you say the holiday pick em is going to show up?
                            Post #77 has them. Reposting below:

Week 12 picks
                            View response summaries
                            View response details

Comment

Pre-holiday bump. Here are the days contestants submit their picks. For the third year in a row, Monday remains the most popular.

DOW Entries

Comment

Post-holiday bump. Update on the frequency each team has been picked to win. Still missing a couple of regulars.

Frequeny Picked

Week 12 picks
                                View response summaries
                                View response details

Comment

Working...
                                X