WCHA Pick 'Em 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA Pick 'Em 2019-2020

So I'm confused. if you take the bracket in Bemidji. you had scores of 23/27/31/35 and the 23 score won?
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
      So I'm confused. if you take the bracket in Bemidji. you had scores of 23/27/31/35 and the 23 score won?
      If I’m not mistaken those numbers you referenced are the rankings not the score since there’s a different number on the other side too.

Comment

Originally posted by BgHockey05 View Post
        If I’m not mistaken those numbers you referenced are the rankings not the score since there’s a different number on the other side too.
        correct. Seeds are on the outside, scores are on the inside. I followed how the NCAA does the March Madness brackets.

Comment

• Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown
          While we await tonight's LSSU/BSU rubber match, let's recap Round 2. All of the 4 top seeds advance to the quarterfinals. mbenecke, MTUHuskyGold, and puckdude40 claimed outright wins over mikeeddy19, Scrum Bucket, and hawerchuck while in the lowest scoring match of Round 2 Stauber1 tied their way to the next round over John J. MacInnes. In the other matches, Icd80 also tied their way to the quarters over sonofcrossjcek whose magical run finally came to an end. Drumstix rolled geezer out of the playoffs while GoNanooks and potternmu each pulled upsets over gochiefs and Bronco Hockey Fan (who will now have to box up the Jeff Sauer trophy and trudge to the nearest UPS store).

Link to First and Second Round picks

The Elite Eight is set with fellow AZZ'ers mbenecke taking on Drumstix, MTUHuskyGold up against Icd80, Stauber1 mano-a-mano with GoNanooks, and puckdude40 head-to-head with potternmu. The form for submitting picks will make its appearance at the conclusion of the LSSU/BSU game.

WCHA Pick Em Playoff Bracket
          Switch the two days andbi win lol

Comment

Ugh...…

okay. If I have to, I guess.

Pretty solid for a sophomore slump, though.

Comment

Matches are set, here are the links. Just like last week submit picks for Friday and Saturday (quarterfinals and semifinals).

Quarterfinal and Semifinal picks
              View response summaries

Comment

Wow, this is a pretty fascinating process. Thanks again for putting all the effort into this, TUPD. I am looking forward to seeing who wins and playing again next year. Good luck to the final eight😃

Comment

Made it one round farther than last year trying to pick games for teams I know almost nothing about.
                  Thanks for running this contest!
                  What did you say?
                  Who own the Chiefs?
                  What did he say?
                  Owns! Owns!

Comment

Bump. Not sure we'll be able to crown a champ but until they shut things down there are still 3 folks who need to submit picks.

Had I realized where we were headed I would have made Coronavirus a pick worth 5 points...

Edit: Looks like it's only a matter of time now. Five min after bumping the thread the Atlantic Hockey commissioner cancelled their playoff tournament.
                    Last edited by TalonsUpPuckDown; 03-12-2020, 12:29 PM. Reason: Atlantic Hockey tourney cancelled

Comment

With the WCHA just now announcing the cancellation of the remainder of the playoffs, this will conclude the 2019-2020 edition of the WCHA Pick 'Em contest. Bronco Hockey Fan, hopefully you haven't shipped the Jeff Sauer trophy yet. Please hold onto it until next season.

Appreciate everyone playing along and making this the #1 pick 'em contest on the USCHO site. See you next year and be sure to wash your hands!

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                        With the WCHA just now announcing the cancellation of the remainder of the playoffs, this will conclude the 2019-2020 edition of the WCHA Pick 'Em contest. Bronco Hockey Fan, hopefully you haven't shipped the Jeff Sauer trophy yet. Please hold onto it until next season.

Appreciate everyone playing along and making this the #1 pick 'em contest on the USCHO site. See you next year and be sure to wash your hands!
                        Thanks to you for doing all the work. We would have won, I'm sure of it.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post

Stick salute to TUPD. We can all do that safely from a distance.

Comment

sonofcrossjcek asked today, "If hockey is canceled that Talons guy can't finish the pick-em...right?" He is out of the competition but is bummed the rest of you can't finish. We are both very sad the season ended this way. I am sure all of you feel the same. See you next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by crossjcek View Post
                              sonofcrossjcek asked today, "If hockey is canceled that Talons guy can't finish the pick-em...right?" He is out of the competition but is bummed the rest of you can't finish. We are both very sad the season ended this way. I am sure all of you feel the same. See you next year.
                              Really appreciate the thoughts from your son. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing him beat the crap out of the rest of us. Pass along my formal invitation for him to play again next year!

Comment

• Folks, I've thought long and hard about doing a pick 'em this year, especially since it's the farewell season for the WCHA. But with things as fluid as they are with "you know what" I think I'm going to take this year off. Besides, by pressing my luck I'd likely be tempting fate and causing the 'rona to run rampant through each of the teams. So with that in mind I'll see everyone next year for the inaugural CCHA pick 'em.

Stay safe.

Comment

Working...
                                X