This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: The Banana Bread Is Running Out

Good morning Lodge. Up way too early. Couldn’t fall back to sleep. Ugh.

Comment

mookie's alarm goes off at 523a
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Morning lodgicians

Thanks les!
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Good Evening Lodge!!

Sigh. I am not in the mood to Christmas shop. The places I shop usually have lots of unique fairly cheap stuff. Not this yr. Barely any Christmas decoration stuff. Not a lot of anything. Not picked over. Just not there. Wonder if it is the tarriffs. Anyone else noticing this?

Comment

Evening, Lodge. 4 day week next week, then a 5 day weekend. Thank God.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
              Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

s'upp y'all
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!
                  Good Morning, Mookie!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good Morning Lodge!

It is very cold here. Prolly not as cold as the fly-over areas but for here- BRrrrrr!

What is everyone doing for the holidays?

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                      Good Morning Lodge!

It is very cold here. Prolly not as cold as the fly-over areas but for here- BRrrrrr!

What is everyone doing for the holidays?
                      We're at the start of a warming front here in MN, which is expected to last through Xmas, possibly to the end of next week.

Because we don't have enough going on, my wife and I are hosting Xmas Eve for her family this year.
                      Her parents can't host anymore. Her mom runs around like a chicken with her head cutoff, trying to get their house ready for the family. It's been that way since I've known them, and her dad doesn't really help. So my wife decided to take up the mantle while she's pregnant and it's not even been two months since we bought our house. Yeah...
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

No more work for the rest of the year! Flying home (FL), folks coming down after the holidays to escape and hit the parks and other Orlando stuff for a week or so, that'll be good. Should be post-holiday mayhem, no chance I'd put myself through that crazyness around the holidays.

Comment

Good morning Lodge. Last day in the office today for the year. Yay! Can't wait. Though I'm sure I'll be dealing with a few things while I'm home. Not doing anything or going anywhere.

Went to see my surgeon this morning as I've had two new issues come up on my foot. I have a bunion on the external part of my foot. Have had it for a while but in the last month it's really flared up to the point where I feel it's hampering my ongoing recovery. He gave me a cortisone shot to see if that will help calm down the nerve, which is apparently flared up. Got an x-ray, you can see it. Other than having a procedure, there isn't much I can do. I did find a small toe splint on Amazon that I might buy to see if that will help.

In addition I've noticed a small bump on my instep, just above the scar. When I first noticed it, there was no pain, there's no irritation or anything. However, the last two days it's started to feel uncomfortable as it's located right where the edge of my shoe hits my instep. I was wondering if it was a cyst or a calcification of something. He says it a suture that he had buried but must have broke free. He said to go back to see him in a month or so if really starts to bother me and he can do a procedure in the office to remove it. I'm relieved as I was really thinking it was something more serious. All in all he's really happy with my progress. I stood on that foot and went up on my toes and he was like "Wow, that's amazing! People who have this surgery usually can't do that." So, I have that going for me.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            We're at the start of a warming front here in MN, which is expected to last through Xmas, possibly to the end of next week.

Because we don't have enough going on, my wife and I are hosting Xmas Eve for her family this year.
                            Her parents can't host anymore. Her mom runs around like a chicken with her head cutoff, trying to get their house ready for the family. It's been that way since I've known them, and her dad doesn't really help. So my wife decided to take up the mantle while she's pregnant and it's not even been two months since we bought our house. Yeah...
                            Lol. Ouch.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

My FIL gave me the best bit of advice when I first started hosting (which I decided to pay attention to about 20 yrs too late). He pointed out that the only person who knew what was supposed happen or be done was me. The rest of them would be happy they weren't doing it. Pretty much was true. I stressed like crazy and they were oblivious of what I wanted to happen that didn't. Other than an Aunt in Law. She insisted, the first year, we had to have turkey for dinner for Christmas. We were going to be gone from 3:30 Christmas Eve until about an hour before they got there at 4p Christmas day. We said No. We would have ham. She showed up with a huge roast turkey in a cooler. She never did it again. One might note that when she hosted she bought almost all the food ready made, including Chinese food In my family we never, ever, had anything on the table that didn't come out of some family member's kitchen. That meant you didn't care enough to make it yourself (and it also meant we were too poor to buy stuff)
                              Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              Good morning Lodge. Last day in the office today for the year. Yay! Can't wait. Though I'm sure I'll be dealing with a few things while I'm home. Not doing anything or going anywhere.

Went to see my surgeon this morning as I've had two new issues come up on my foot. I have a bunion on the external part of my foot. Have had it for a while but in the last month it's really flared up to the point where I feel it's hampering my ongoing recovery. He gave me a cortisone shot to see if that will help calm down the nerve, which is apparently flared up. Got an x-ray, you can see it. Other than having a procedure, there isn't much I can do. I did find a small toe splint on Amazon that I might buy to see if that will help.

In addition I've noticed a small bump on my instep, just above the scar. When I first noticed it, there was no pain, there's no irritation or anything. However, the last two days it's started to feel uncomfortable as it's located right where the edge of my shoe hits my instep. I was wondering if it was a cyst or a calcification of something. He says it a suture that he had buried but must have broke free. He said to go back to see him in a month or so if really starts to bother me and he can do a procedure in the office to remove it. I'm relieved as I was really thinking it was something more serious. All in all he's really happy with my progress. I stood on that foot and went up on my toes and he was like "Wow, that's amazing! People who have this surgery usually can't do that." So, I have that going for me.
                              Yay you! Feet are so tough. Not easy to get around without them and when they are messed up it is even harder!

Comment

That is excellent advice regarding hosting. Thanks!
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X