• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: The Banana Bread Is Running Out

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    Good Afternoon Lodge!

Trying to get up the nerve to walk in wind chill of about 1F
    lololol it was about -8 real temp when I woke up this morning.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

HHT for me! Didn’t look that way for a while. They needed that tonight as they go to BC tomorrow. I will not be there.
      Last edited by Scarlet; 01-18-2020, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
        Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Random food question - is brown sugar better to use than white cane sugar? I just got my test results back from my physical and my cholesterol is up. Doctor has recommended change in diet and add exercise rather than prescribe meds. Anyway, I hear that oatmeal is a good breakfast when you’re trying to lower your cholesterol so I want to start eating it on a regular basis. I remember my dad used to eat oatmeal every morning and liked to put brown sugar in it. He really liked oatmeal. Anyway...what are your thoughts on that? Not sure I could eat it without something like brown sugar in it.

Comment

Both about the same. Try maple syrup. A little goes a long way for oatmeal. Oatmeal is great with a touch of syrup and some chopped pecans.

It still took me a while to find how I liked my oatmeal. Couldn’t really eat it until I found what worked for me. Some people like Uber mush Like a porridge, I like mine using old fashioned oats with far too much skim milk and microwaved for only 1 minute. Almost like a traditional breakfast cereal. Stay away from minute oats unless you are having trouble finding the right consistency with old fashioned. My fiancée likes overnight oats where she adds a bunch of spices like allspice, cinnamon , nutmeg, etc. then she adds chia seeds and unsweetened vanilla almond milk and lets it sit overnight in the fridge.

Steel cut oats are far too much work IMO. But some people swear by them.

Edit: one more note, brown sugar adds flavor where white sugar doesn’t. I don’t make cookies anymore with white sugar unless I know the recipe needs it. Makes for softer and chewier cookies. White sugar I only use when I need to make something like a gastrique, but even then alternate sugars would probably work there.
            Last edited by dxmnkd316; 01-18-2020, 07:46 AM.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Brown sugar is just granulated sugar with molasses added. No big difference.

(Other than taste, of course)
              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Both about the same. Try maple syrup. A little goes a long way for oatmeal. Oatmeal is great with a touch of syrup and some chopped pecans.

It still took me a while to find how I liked my oatmeal. Couldn’t really eat it until I found what worked for me. Some people like Uber mush Like a porridge, I like mine using old fashioned oats with far too much skim milk and microwaved for only 1 minute. Almost like a traditional breakfast cereal. Stay away from minute oats unless you are having trouble finding the right consistency with old fashioned. My fiancée likes overnight oats where she adds a bunch of spices like allspice, cinnamon , nutmeg, etc. then she adds chia seeds and unsweetened vanilla almond milk and lets it sit overnight in the fridge.

Steel cut oats are far too much work IMO. But some people swear by them.

Edit: one more note, brown sugar adds flavor where white sugar doesn’t. I don’t make cookies anymore with white sugar unless I know the recipe needs it. Makes for softer and chewier cookies. White sugar I only use when I need to make something like a gastrique, but even then alternate sugars would probably work there.
                I’ll do old fashioned oats, cooked according the package directions for stovetop, and will add 2 tsp of peanut butter (I prefer Smucker’s Natural creamy), and 2 tsp of honey. Tasty.
                I was told there would be no math...

Comment

I used just plain ol’ Quaker Oats. Used 1% milk. On the stove top. I don’t like microwaving stuff like that. I liked the taste with the brown sugar. Also sprinkled a little cinnamon on top.

Comment

Forgot to sign in again.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

HHT! Swept PSU. If you count the double OT 3 on 3 as a win, that makes 4 wins in a row. This team does not look like the same one from before break.
                      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                      7 B1G
                      7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                      6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                      5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                      5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                      2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                      2 Alaskan

Comment

*HT!

a
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It's butt-fcukin' cold out. 2 degrees, feels like -18 with the wind. And it's gonna get colder.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

It's not bad here today. All the yammerheads talking about this week's Death Storm of the Century need to be dunked in the large pond outside our office. We got about 4-5" of snow and some rain. It stayed above freezing for most of the day. And that's it. We got everybody's nipples hard over that.

Bought a 1970 Topps Nolan Ryan for $60. You can't touch one on Ebay in this condition for less than $120, and some in better shape are going for $300 and up. That might be the biggest ticket item of the 1970 set.

Beef tips covered in salsa (since I just discovered that I'm out of tomatoes) are going into the crock pot for tomorrow, for dinner for a few days. Pulled pork is on the menu for lunch. Or I may flip them around. We'll see.
                            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

*HT

I knew it was going to happen but they actually played a strong game. I hope they bring that effort the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                                It's not bad here today. All the yammerheads talking about this week's Death Storm of the Century need to be dunked in the large pond outside our office. We got about 4-5" of snow and some rain.
                                In my area, it was predicted 6-12 inches. We got our 6, but after 6pm last night, barely a dusting. The roads, however....even today they were dicey. Many a slick spot here and there. Traveled about 30-40 miles today, various suburbs, and had a few "kick outs" with my vehicle's tail end. Nothing major, but enough to do about 10 under the speed limit, and everyone else was driving the same way. Between the snow, and uber-cold, etc, the DOT was doing all they could do.

Comment

Working...
                                X