View Poll Results: Do you enjoy "hoodie weather?"

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. I want all the summer!

    6 28.57%
  • Yes, it's nice to wear something oversized and comfortable and warm for cool weather.

    15 71.43%
Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 841 to 860 of 1001

Thread: Rep Retirement Lodge: The Banana Bread Is Running Out

  1. #841
    Opposite Girl
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Meffa, MA
    Posts
    30,332

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: The Banana Bread Is Running Out

    A random Wednesday night trip to the HHT! Was thinking of leaving early after a sluggish first half of the first period. They were playing Brown, for Pete sake. Didn’t want a trip to the tie/bye sushi bat because then their record would be 6-6-6 but thankfully they pulled it out in OT. Huzzah!

  2. #842
    C'mon Q! MarkEagleUSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    113 @ the Bank!
    Posts
    11,940

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: The Banana Bread Is Running Out

    Good morning to tLodge!
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2019 Midwest Regional

  3. #843
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    205,815

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: The Banana Bread Is Running Out

    Good Morning, MEUSA!


    Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

  4. #844
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    205,815

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: The Banana Bread Is Running Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Good Morning, MEUSA!


    Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
    and a second for yesterday

  5. #845
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    205,815

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: The Banana Bread Is Running Out

    Has the Lodge gotten in a new supply of banana bread yet?

  6. #846
    2147483647
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    23,897

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: The Banana Bread Is Running Out

    Morning

    Another rough winter here. Fri-Sun calls for highs between 66 and 72. Not sure how I'll survive.

  7. #847
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    205,815

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: The Banana Bread Is Running Out

    Quote Originally Posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    Morning

    Another rough winter here. Fri-Sun calls for highs between 66 and 72. Not sure how I'll survive.
    Mid-60s in 202-land starting on Saturday.

  8. #848
    Veteran leswp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    32,155

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: The Banana Bread Is Running Out

    15F this AM and 60s by Saturday. Yikes!

    Good Evening Lodge!

    I would like to go to the Caribbean but just as I was looking at flights they are having a bunch of earthquakes.

  9. #849
    Capt
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    I'm on a boat/TPAFL
    Posts
    12,717

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: The Banana Bread Is Running Out

    80 tomorrow, then mid 80s for several days. A bit hot perhaps but I'm sure my northern NY family won't be complaining.

  10. #850
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    oasis in the middle east
    Posts
    44,340

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: The Banana Bread Is Running Out

    s'upp y'all

    What's an earthquake or two?
    Late sleeper today as weekend starts

  11. #851
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    120,476

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: The Banana Bread Is Running Out

    Arse kicked today at work.

    And due to Vikings game, the private party at the local Mediterranean place is pushed back from 6pm until 7pm on Sat. BUT we can show up early and get our wristbands/glassware/etc. This is gonna be a lonnnnnnnnnnnng day. And so worth it. I think I'm gonna need it. I dare say that even Bacchus might even be shaking his head by the end of the night....
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  12. #852
    C'mon Q! MarkEagleUSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    113 @ the Bank!
    Posts
    11,940

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: The Banana Bread Is Running Out

    Good morning to tLodge!
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2019 Midwest Regional

  13. #853
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    205,815

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: The Banana Bread Is Running Out

    Good Morning, MEUSA!


    Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

  14. #854
    not particularly bad
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Yost ice arena
    Posts
    9,488

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: The Banana Bread Is Running Out

    Good afternoon Lodge.

    Trying to fill out performance review. Am stuck on "potential next assignments". Ummm...whatever you give me. I don't have a 5 year plan. I'm happy to be an engineer and not climb the corporate/management ladder.

  15. #855
    Opposite Girl
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Meffa, MA
    Posts
    30,332

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: The Banana Bread Is Running Out

    Quote Originally Posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
    Good afternoon Lodge.

    Trying to fill out performance review. Am stuck on "potential next assignments". Ummm...whatever you give me. I don't have a 5 year plan. I'm happy to be an engineer and not climb the corporate/management ladder.
    Oh God, I feel you here. I had a talking to about developing a "growth mindset" and that I need to start thinking about how to grow my position because I "run a function" and now report to a VP (my boss got promoted and a larger team last year). My boss did a 360 review on me last month and shared the results with me Wednesday. She went to 5 or 6 folks that I work with and asked them to provide my strengths and opportunities. She prefaced it by saying she's had two of these done on her and it was difficult and to take these comments with a grain of salt. But it's hard to do when reading that stuff about myself from people I confided/vented to as a one-to-one friendship conversation and seeing they took that to mean I need to be more. So, I guess I won't be venting to anyone any more. You guys will get the brunt of that.

    I sent her an email today as a response to an email she sent this morning to our team about some lower level kind of work I will take over. She had called me into her office about 4:45pm last night while meeting with two of my teammates and mentioned this and would I be OK and of course I said yes. I'm always happy and willing to help out the team but I felt, based on the email and the responses that had all been having conversations without me and made this decision. So, I said I'm doing what she coached me on and not letting things fester and standing up for myself and asked for a face to face with either just her or the whole team for a clarifying discussion on roles and responsibilities. It seemed that changes were being made to my job responsibilities without my input and that wasn't fair or respectful to me. She emailed back and provided more context. I think she was annoyed because in the past, when she gets emails like that, she texts and then calls to talk about it and this time she sent an email. And now that I re-read what I sent her, I probably could have worded the email a little differently. But I'm getting a little frustrated after being the person everyone goes to for work others don't want to do. I honestly don't mind doing work like that, I just want to be in on the conversation about it.

  16. #856
    Unobtanium Medallion FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Black Lodge
    Posts
    34,271

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: The Banana Bread Is Running Out

    Quote Originally Posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
    I don't have a 5 year plan. I'm happy to be an engineer and not climb the corporate/management ladder.
    I feel you also. I had my review in August and my "career counselor" was talking about me showing leadership abilities and asking if I wanted to become a career counselor myself. I was just like, "I'll think about it."

  17. #857
    Veteran leswp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    32,155

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: The Banana Bread Is Running Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    Oh God, I feel you here. I had a talking to about developing a "growth mindset" and that I need to start thinking about how to grow my position because I "run a function" and now report to a VP (my boss got promoted and a larger team last year). My boss did a 360 review on me last month and shared the results with me Wednesday. She went to 5 or 6 folks that I work with and asked them to provide my strengths and opportunities. She prefaced it by saying she's had two of these done on her and it was difficult and to take these comments with a grain of salt. But it's hard to do when reading that stuff about myself from people I confided/vented to as a one-to-one friendship conversation and seeing they took that to mean I need to be more. So, I guess I won't be venting to anyone any more. You guys will get the brunt of that.

    I sent her an email today as a response to an email she sent this morning to our team about some lower level kind of work I will take over. She had called me into her office about 4:45pm last night while meeting with two of my teammates and mentioned this and would I be OK and of course I said yes. I'm always happy and willing to help out the team but I felt, based on the email and the responses that had all been having conversations without me and made this decision. So, I said I'm doing what she coached me on and not letting things fester and standing up for myself and asked for a face to face with either just her or the whole team for a clarifying discussion on roles and responsibilities. It seemed that changes were being made to my job responsibilities without my input and that wasn't fair or respectful to me. She emailed back and provided more context. I think she was annoyed because in the past, when she gets emails like that, she texts and then calls to talk about it and this time she sent an email. And now that I re-read what I sent her, I probably could have worded the email a little differently. But I'm getting a little frustrated after being the person everyone goes to for work others don't want to do. I honestly don't mind doing work like that, I just want to be in on the conversation about it.
    This is giving me flashbacks. I was the person that was willing to do anything the Practice needed. Instead of that being seen as a strength it was something my boss used as a reason I wasn't good enough, wasn't sure enough in my role, and a whole lot of other sh1te. Boiled down to being a team player when the rest of the team didn't think they owed it to the team.

    Solved it by asking her exactly how she thought I should be dealing with these things and every time she contradicted herself or changed the target (which could be a few times a day) I would internal message her to state what my understanding was of what she had said previously, my understanding of the new directive, asking her to clarify if I was incorrect. I never contradicted or argued with what she said. I just made sure to label the behaviour every time. I figured doing that would make her her dam uncomfortable. Eventually she decided being uncomfortable wasn't worth it. It didn't increase her like for me but I had enough of taking one to help the team and being taken for granted.

  18. #858
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    205,815

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: The Banana Bread Is Running Out

    *HT

    a

  19. #859
    C'mon Q! MarkEagleUSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    113 @ the Bank!
    Posts
    11,940

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: The Banana Bread Is Running Out

    HHT!
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2019 Midwest Regional

  20. #860
    Unobtanium Medallion FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Black Lodge
    Posts
    34,271

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: The Banana Bread Is Running Out

    *HT. Also, the * the Flu Table.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •