This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: The Banana Bread Is Running Out

A random Wednesday night trip to the HHT! Was thinking of leaving early after a sluggish first half of the first period. They were playing Brown, for Pete sake. Didn’t want a trip to the tie/bye sushi bat because then their record would be 6-6-6 but thankfully they pulled it out in OT. Huzzah!

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
      Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Good Morning, MEUSA!

and a second for yesterday
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Has the Lodge gotten in a new supply of banana bread yet?
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Morning

Another rough winter here. Fri-Sun calls for highs between 66 and 72. Not sure how I'll survive.
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                Morning

Another rough winter here. Fri-Sun calls for highs between 66 and 72. Not sure how I'll survive.
                Mid-60s in 202-land starting on Saturday.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

15F this AM and 60s by Saturday. Yikes!

Good Evening Lodge!

I would like to go to the Caribbean but just as I was looking at flights they are having a bunch of earthquakes.

Comment

80 tomorrow, then mid 80s for several days. A bit hot perhaps but I'm sure my northern NY family won't be complaining.

Comment

s'upp y'all

What's an earthquake or two?
                      Late sleeper today as weekend starts
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Arse kicked today at work.

And due to Vikings game, the private party at the local Mediterranean place is pushed back from 6pm until 7pm on Sat. BUT we can show up early and get our wristbands/glassware/etc. This is gonna be a lonnnnnnnnnnnng day. And so worth it. I think I'm gonna need it. I dare say that even Bacchus might even be shaking his head by the end of the night....
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                          Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good afternoon Lodge.

Trying to fill out performance review. Am stuck on "potential next assignments". Ummm...whatever you give me. I don't have a 5 year plan. I'm happy to be an engineer and not climb the corporate/management ladder.
                              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                              7 B1G
                              7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                              6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                              5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                              5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                              2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                              2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                                Good afternoon Lodge.

Trying to fill out performance review. Am stuck on "potential next assignments". Ummm...whatever you give me. I don't have a 5 year plan. I'm happy to be an engineer and not climb the corporate/management ladder.
                                Oh God, I feel you here. I had a talking to about developing a "growth mindset" and that I need to start thinking about how to grow my position because I "run a function" and now report to a VP (my boss got promoted and a larger team last year). My boss did a 360 review on me last month and shared the results with me Wednesday. She went to 5 or 6 folks that I work with and asked them to provide my strengths and opportunities. She prefaced it by saying she's had two of these done on her and it was difficult and to take these comments with a grain of salt. But it's hard to do when reading that stuff about myself from people I confided/vented to as a one-to-one friendship conversation and seeing they took that to mean I need to be more. So, I guess I won't be venting to anyone any more. You guys will get the brunt of that.

I sent her an email today as a response to an email she sent this morning to our team about some lower level kind of work I will take over. She had called me into her office about 4:45pm last night while meeting with two of my teammates and mentioned this and would I be OK and of course I said yes. I'm always happy and willing to help out the team but I felt, based on the email and the responses that had all been having conversations without me and made this decision. So, I said I'm doing what she coached me on and not letting things fester and standing up for myself and asked for a face to face with either just her or the whole team for a clarifying discussion on roles and responsibilities. It seemed that changes were being made to my job responsibilities without my input and that wasn't fair or respectful to me. She emailed back and provided more context. I think she was annoyed because in the past, when she gets emails like that, she texts and then calls to talk about it and this time she sent an email. And now that I re-read what I sent her, I probably could have worded the email a little differently. But I'm getting a little frustrated after being the person everyone goes to for work others don't want to do. I honestly don't mind doing work like that, I just want to be in on the conversation about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X