X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: The Banana Bread Is Running Out

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    It looks like leswp1 forgot something yesterday.
    WHoops! I never opened my laptop. Happy Belated Birthday RFAlph!!

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    My back is really tight and it’s difficult to move right now. Is it possible for this to happen after a possible strain yesterday morning? I had no pain or stiffness at all during the day but I did move some heavy boxes yesterday morning.

I may need to go to Urgent Care today. Not sure what they can do. Maybe a muscle relaxer?
    ICE!! Conference I went to this Fall had a thing on Back Pain- they HATED on muscle relaxers. Actually they have been hating on them for yrs. Paraphrasing- They don't work. They make people sleepy, increase risk of falls, increase risk of confusion and 'hangover stupid'. They are still prescribed because Americans do not like being told tincture of time, move every hour and ice. They like to believe there is a magic bullet. Explaining that is so time consuming Providers give it just to get the person out of the room. The likelihood of prescription of Muscle relaxers and pain meds increases as the day ngoes on and the Provider is farther and farther behind.

Comment

I used ice this morning (after a little heat), plus took three Advil. Didn’t do much. It did help a bit. I’d be totally ok with them saying take 600 or 800 mg of Advil every 4-6 hours and ice it. But how often? 20 minutes every hour? And I like hearing to get up and move. I don’t mind doing that, just didn’t want to do so without hearing it from someone.

I’m in the car now on the way to the Walk In Clinic at the hospital. I also can’t seem to get rid of this cold and it wouldn’t surprise me if both issues were somehow related.

Comment

HHT

beat CCT and some of the most biased refs in the country
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

HHT!
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
          Northeast Regional:
          West Regional: 2015, 2021
          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            beat CCT and some of the most biased refs in the country
            Chip McDonald was at our game.
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            Northeast Regional:

Comment

At the Sushi Bar.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                WHoops! I never opened my laptop. Happy Belated Birthday RFAlph!!

ICE!! Conference I went to this Fall had a thing on Back Pain- they HATED on muscle relaxers. Actually they have been hating on them for yrs. Paraphrasing- They don't work. They make people sleepy, increase risk of falls, increase risk of confusion and 'hangover stupid'. They are still prescribed because Americans do not like being told tincture of time, move every hour and ice. They like to believe there is a magic bullet. Explaining that is so time consuming Providers give it just to get the person out of the room. The likelihood of prescription of Muscle relaxers and pain meds increases as the day ngoes on and the Provider is farther and farther behind.
                Alternate heat and ice. And move around (simple walking a block or something). It sounds counter intuitive, but always works for me. Stretches the muscles.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good mornng to tLodge!
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  Northeast Regional:

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I did get a mild muscle relaxer (cyclobenzaprine 5mg tablet) and was told to take it before bed. I also bought Aleve to take during the day. Was a bit apprehensive as Aleve has never worked. But I’m going to try it. WRT my cold, everything is normal-sinuses are clear, chest is clear, temp is normal, so is BP. He even said my skin looked healthy. He prescribed Flonase and told me to use it after I got out of the shower, after the steam and heat helps clear my nasal passages. Haven’t tried that yet.

He also said to sleep elevated as when I’m lying down, gravity doesn’t pull everything down which is why I’m so congested in the morning. Tried that last night, worked ok. Waiting for my brother to wake up so I can shower and try the Flonase.

Comment

Morning, Lodge!

Got a message from a local brewery offering me a membership (there were only 10 spots that opened up this year). Awesomesauce. I've been waiting a couple years for this. For a yearly fee, you get 5 special-release 25 oz bottles (including a members-only one), 6 25oz cans, and various discounts/etc, and a members-only party. That's a good way to start the day. Now I hope my Bills can keep the good vibes going...
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          My back is really tight and it’s difficult to move right now. Is it possible for this to happen after a possible strain yesterday morning? I had no pain or stiffness at all during the day but I did move some heavy boxes yesterday morning.

I may need to go to Urgent Care today. Not sure what they can do. Maybe a muscle relaxer?
                          It’s not uncommon for the pain and stiffness from a back strain to take some time to appear.

May sound a bit weird but, stretch your leg muscles. The second time I hurt my back at work the physical therapist had me working on stretching the legs, works like a charm when my back gets stiff. Apparently the leg muscles get tight and can’t do as much so your back has to take over.
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

What kind of stretches?

When I see my PCP on Friday I’m going to ask her to prescribe PT so I can learn proper strengthening techniques. Man, it sucks getting old.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              What kind of stretches?

When I see my PCP on Friday I’m going to ask her to prescribe PT so I can learn proper strengthening techniques. Man, it sucks getting old.
                              You got that right. I have been on my feet all day and I ache in joints most people don't know about. I did go walk 2.2 miles but I am ready for bed and it isn't 9PM.

There are standard back stretches and rehab that you can google from multiple medical ctrs. THey are all the same. Biggest thing is to be moving. THey did some study that showed walking around for 5 min every hour was way more effective than when people are put on bedrest.

Comment

HHT!

a
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X