2019-20 D1 Scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 D1 Scores

I'm trying to decide whether to stick around to watch a game that I expect to be a Wisconsin blowout, or if the problem is that I clearly haven't had enough alcohol.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      That was a tremendous showcase of the game. Very entertaining. The Preds must be pleased so far. Small rink but good crowd.
      Other than a very slow start by Minnesota, I agree. In the first it looked like the Gophers had just gotten off the bus after a 1,000 mile journey. After they found their legs, they picked up the pace and truly did dominate the 3rd and the O.T. I have to think that this is one they would like back.
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
        I'm trying to decide whether to stick around to watch a game that I expect to be a Wisconsin blowout, or if the problem is that I clearly haven't had enough alcohol.
        Oh man, if you're there why in the world would you not stay for game 2
        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
          Other than a very slow start by Minnesota, I agree. In the first it looked like the Gophers had just gotten off the bus after a 1,000 mile journey. After they found their legs, they picked up the pace and truly did dominate the 3rd and the O.T. I have to think that this is one they would like back.
          Disagree. In terms of play, Minnesota was the better team in the first period. It wasn't as lopsided as either the second or the third, but it wasn't particularly close, either.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
            Oh man, if you're there why in the world would you not stay for game 2
            The tickets are $15 for each game rather than being one ticket for both. Though, there doesn't seem to be anyone monitoring most of the doors into the rink.

Comment

I bought the video feed and it is not very good at all but with a name like "LiveBarn" I should have known...

Minnesota's bad period was the 2nd period. This really came down to one goaltender being sharp when it counted and the other...Not so much.

Looks like it about ready to start for WisconSIN and Harvard...Should be interesting.
              Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 11-29-2019, 04:27 PM.
              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                The tickets are $15 for each game rather than being one ticket for both. Though, there doesn't seem to be anyone monitoring most of the doors into the rink.
                Okay that's a good reason lol -- that's pretty dumb
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Scoreless in the second game after a period, but the shots are 18-3 and Harvard is very fortunate not to be down by multiple goals. They look slow, both skating and moving the puck.

It turns out that it's National Shorthanded Scoring Chance Day and no one told me.

Comment

1st period in the books and no score between WisconSIN and Harvard. Shots were 20-3 for Wis and it was that lopsided.

Comment

Despite being badly outshot in the first (20-3!) Harvard is tied with Wisconsin at no goals apiece.
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                        Minnesota's bad period was the 2nd period. This really came down to one goaltender being sharp when it counted and the other...Not so much.
                        Anyone that holds Scobee responsible for the Gophers not coming away with a win was clearly not paying any attention to the second period.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                          Despite being badly outshot in the first (20-3!) Harvard is tied with Wisconsin at no goals apiece.
                          Reed took 50 Badger shots in one game last year, 40 in another. At this rate she'll break her record. Even on their PP Harvard was playing as if they were on the kill.

Comment

The officiating is so bad, Harvard just got penalized five yards for illegal procedure.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                              Anyone that holds Scobee responsible for the Gophers not coming away with a win was clearly not paying any attention to the second period.
                              It was hard to pay attention watching it on "LiveBarn" and you know very well what I'm referring to (or at least you should) with the short handed chances being "when it counted".

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                                It was hard to pay attention watching it on "LiveBarn" and you know very well what I'm referring to (or at least you should) with the short handed chances being "when it counted".
                                In other words, your definition of "when it counted" is when she doesn't make a save, and it doesn't count when she makes a sequence of very nice ones. Aside from which, there was plenty of blame to go around on both of those goals.

Comment

Working...
                                X