Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 D1 Scores

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Wow this is crazy -- I assume they have no women's club team? That's a small school...
    When they hosted the final four a couple years ago, I went to St Charles, and one morning ran over to and through the 'main campus'. Other than a couple athletic fields and some dorms, etc, the 'academic' part of the campus was about a half-mile square. It put me in mind of 'Animal House; and Faber College.

I'm guessing that 'commuter' students might drive the count of students up, but it certainly looked to be a pretty small school, indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
      From what I've read about LiveBarn
      LiveBarn was like an amalgam of slo-mo and fast-forward and could have been lifted from some silent movie archive. And the stands looked like a doll house, complete with immobile doll house figures. This was real? This was Nashville? The whole experience was very unnerving for this Crimson fan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCdbWu8TZkY
      (This, btw, is one fantastic movie)
      Last edited by thirdtime's . . .; 11-30-2019, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
        LiveBarn was like an amalgam of slo-mo and fast-forward and could have been lifted from some silent movie archive. And the stands looked like a doll house, complete with immobile doll house figures. This was real? This was Nashville? The whole experience was very unnerving for this Crimson fan
        You describe the weirdness of the herky-jerky moption pretty well plus there were times when for longer than it should have been, the camera wasn't even on the action. And the ratio was off as well.

I understand what LiveBarn is for but there is some buyers remorse for me as I should have just listened to the audio broadcast with DH.
        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
          I understand what LiveBarn is for but there is some buyers remorse for me as I should have just listened to the audio broadcast with DH.
          Same.
          Lesson learned.
          Note to self: Don't forget to cancel monthly subscription.
          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
            I’ve never seen this before: Lindenwood forfeited their game today vs St Cloud. The stated reason was no available goalie, due to injury. What a shame.

Wolf got injured mid October vs Union, traveled to Clarkson and was on the boxscores the next week but did not play. She hasn’t dressed for a game since, so Asplundh took over. Asplundh got injured mid November it looks like, and dressed yesterday but Hennessy played the whole game. Today... game forfeited, presumably Hennessy got injured yesterday. Wow. I wonder when they’ll have a game ready goalie again.
            Wow this is crazy -- I assume they have no women's club team? That's a small school...
            I'm chiming in with a some quick notes...

1) Online, there's an interesting combination in that only St. Cloud State and the CHA conference have indicated that the game was forfeited, while there's been no comment from Lindenwood nor the WCHA.

2) The CHA confirmed the reason for the cancellation. https://www.chawomenshockey.com/news...-10-recap.aspx
            Due to injuries to Lindenwood’s goalies, the Lions were unable to play Saturday’s game against St. Cloud State.
            3) Despite the posts that have been made, I've checked three different sites -- collegehockeystats.net, wcha.com, and chawomenshockey.com -- and none of the three reflect the forfeit in the standings (yet).

If this is truly ruled as a forfeit, my reading of the NCAA rulebook says it should be listed as a 1-0 result for SCSU.
            Last edited by CrazyDave; 12-03-2019, 08:52 PM.
            Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
            Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
            Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by CrazyDave View Post
              I'm chiming in with a some quick notes...

1) Online, there's an interesting combination in that only St. Cloud State and the CHA conference have indicated that the game was forfeited, while there's been no comment from Lindenwood nor the WCHA.

2) The CHA confirmed the reason for the cancellation. https://www.chawomenshockey.com/news...-10-recap.aspx

3) Despite the posts that have been made, I've checked three different sites -- collegehockeystats.net, wcha.com, and chawomenshockey.com -- and none of the three reflect the forfeit in the standings (yet).

If this is truly ruled as a forfeit, my reading of the NCAA rulebook says it should be listed as a 1-0 result for SCSU.
              That's what I think too. I'm going to need to keep an eye on uscho's composite results and make manual updates if I have to for my Pairwise calculators and whatnot.
              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                Same.
                Lesson learned.
                Note to self: Don't forget to cancel monthly subscription.
                Dan only seemed to be 5-6 seconds delayed, better than the usual audio/video mis-match.

Comment

Originally posted by drewkal View Post
                  Dan only seemed to be 5-6 seconds delayed, better than the usual audio/video mis-match.
                  Input to the LiveBarn programming of the BC, Harvard, U of M and U of W hockey games in Nashville. I was disappointed in the quality of the programming and waited to Sunday, to calm down, to pass on my opinions on to LiveBarn.
                  The following were my comments:
                  Message:I subscribed to watch the U of M Women's hockey team play in Nashville over the weekend. Very disappointed!! There was no audio of an use. The video: 1) The camera appeared to be a wide angle type the wrapped and distorted the picture, 2) the video appeared to be almost slow motion and jerky, 3) the camera didn't keep up with the play, 4) the definition was so poor that a large part of the time the puck was almost invisible, 4) several times the transmission froze and had to be restarted.
                  Sorry I subscribed, I would have been better off just listening to the local audio of the games.

LiveBarn replied to my comments in “16 minutes”. They asked for more specifics of what I had viewed, which I emailed to them. They requested a time that they could call me on Monday. Some of the information that I got is that some of their cameras are manned and some are not. If unmanned, which was the case in Nashville, the the camera attempts to follow the play. This would explain why it didn’t always keep up.

The young lady that I spoke with provided some options to try to make the viewing better:
                  As discussed in our phone call, here is how to use the Panoramic View when it's available.*

On weekends, many rinks have both Panoramic View and Auto Tracking available. During the week, Ford Ice Center Bellevue only has Panoramic View. If you are given the option, Panoramic View is the retangular icon circled in red below:

While watching the Panoramic View (Pan Zoom) during Live or On Demand videos, you are able to control the zoom features.

+ Zoom In
                  - Zoom Out

Once zoomed in, you can click and drag the screen however you’d like to catch the action anywhere on the rink.

I haven’t tried the options provided so I don’t know how well they work or how much of an improvement they would provide. Based on their timely response it does appear that LiveBarn is trying to make things better and not just blowing off the input.

Comment

It's good that they responded that quickly and I can say that I tried the panoramic view but quickly gave up on it as it didn't, for me anyway, provide any improvement in the overall picture. Could I have fiddled with it more? Sure, but I was in the middle of watching and didn't want to spend much time with it.

I look at it as this...In spite of the issues, I got to watch 4 games for 16.95 so about 4.25 per game. Not too bad. Hopefully I will never have to use LiveBarn again and yes, I have cancelled the subscription so, D2D...Here is your reminder to do the same.
                    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                      Hopefully I will never have to use LiveBarn again and yes, I have cancelled the subscription so, D2D...Here is your reminder to do the same.
                      Already done, but thanks!
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

That's what I think too. I'm going to need to keep an eye on uscho's composite results and make manual updates if I have to for my Pairwise calculators and whatnot.
                        Lindenwood and SCSU both have the game reflected as "Cancelled" in their official schedule and records on their websites. So... are we just going with a no-game here?

Comment

Lindenwood and SCSU both have the game reflected as "Cancelled" in their official schedule and records on their websites. So... are we just going with a no-game here?
                          Is that what they called it the year that Lindenwood tried to poison the Badgers with CO?
                          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

The Huskies' "recap" of Saturday's cancellation has been updated.
                            According to NCAA rules, the game has been declared a no contest.
                            Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
                            Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
                            Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by CrazyDave View Post
                              The Huskies' "recap" of Saturday's cancellation has been updated.
                              Wow good sleuthing... I'm guessing SCSU is pretty angry about this, just based on their rhetoric since it happened. I mean, I would be.

Comment

The Lindenwood web site says they "are set to host Syracuse" this weekend. Let's hope that is actually the case. The 'game notes' page only shows the same three goalies, no additions.

(Also, the USCHO page for Lindenwood shows the game was "CACNELLED', as does the USCHO St Cloud page.)
                                Last edited by robertearle; 12-05-2019, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X