And echoed
    In the wells of silence
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
      It helps to have a plan for how to score, other than, "Maybe something weird will happen." Bemidji played tough, but they only had two instances of any sustained pressure, scoring on one of them. If you sell out for defense as comprehensively as the Beavers did tonight, you can't allow four goals. 4-1 accurately represents the balance of play.
      Agreed.

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 D1 Scores

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
        But my words like silent raindrops fell
        And echoed
        In the wells of silence
        Silence, like a cancer, grows

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
          Bemidji played tough, but they only had two instances of any sustained pressure, scoring on one of them.
          I was watching when I could on my phone while at the men's game. Couldn't always see what was what, but that was a very nice pass out front and quick shot by the Beavers.
          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
            But my words like silent raindrops fell
            And echoed
            In the wells of silence
            Did you check out that cover I mentioned? It's amazing. If it makes you feel any better, I am living your nightmare on the UW men's side of the ledger. Of course we're calling for the coaches to be fired, it's been a 4 year regression, you are only in year 1.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              Did you check out that cover I mentioned? It's amazing. If it makes you feel any better, I am living your nightmare on the UW men's side of the ledger. Of course we're calling for the coaches to be fired, it's been a 4 year regression, you are only in year 1.

some may say this is year 2 with last year's under performance!

Comment

MSU-Mankato 3, Wisconsin 0 with six minutes left in the second. I'm not sure a 42% shooting percentage is sustainable.

Comment

MSU-Mankato 3, Wisconsin 0 with six minutes left in the second. I'm not sure a 42% shooting percentage is sustainable.
                  Now at the end of the 2nd period and it's still 3-0 for Mankato. 3 goals on 7 shots although I think they should have been credited with a couple more shots than that.
                  At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Wisconsin appears to have used up all its 'puck luck' last weekend against Polusny and St Cloud. Everything that went in last week isn't going in today. The epitome to me was their first shot in the 2nd period; cross crease pass to a Badger forward - Curl, maybe? 'open net' does not do justice to what she was looking at, and somehow she put the puck over the cross bar.

Calla Frank has been good; Blesi, sorry to say, has not.

Comment

BSU 1, Minnesota after a period.

Comment

BSU 1, Minnesota 1 after a period.
                        fyp. Beavers playing well, but the Gophers look to be just going through the motions. Bemidji's goal was scored from an improbable angle, nearly from the goal line, a shot that should never go in.
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

So far in WCHA action today, the teams that are, collectively, ahead 5-1 have been outshot 50-21.

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
                            fyp. Beavers playing well, but the Gophers look to be just going through the motions. Bemidji's goal was scored from an improbable angle, nearly from the goal line, a shot that should never go in.
                            It wasastrange shot, fluttering way up over Scobee and then dropping back to into the net. The only real mistake on the play was Wethington getting turned around as BSU brought the puck out from behind the net.

And I strongly disagree that the Gophers are just going through the motions. They've controlled play and have had all of the good scoring chances. BSU plays a style that makes the opponent look worse than they are.

Comment

So far in WCHA action today, the teams that are, collectively, ahead 5-1 have been outshot 50-21.
                              #6 beating #1, #4 beating #3, and #5 tied with #2.

Comment

What is sports
                                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Working...
                                X