Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mnwis View Post
    You can bet Frost does...
    Gophers are not going to win the Natty with that goaltending. I’d comfortably put $50 now on OSU to win it all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post
      Gophers are not going to win the Natty with that goaltending. I’d comfortably put $50 now on OSU to win it all.
      Yep... the last couple of years their goaltending has been less than stellar...it is notable, that Scobee beats the rodents while at Vermont, then transfers to play for them..

OSU has as good of a chance as any to win it all.
      Honestly, I wish the ncaa playoff was only for conference champions....once conference tourneys start, it becomes win or go home...

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 D1 Scores

Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post
        The difference in today's games was that WisconSIN had issues after the first period that allowed UMD to come back and play very well. Campbell came up big.

Minnesota also had issues after the first period and Ohio State did a better job of getting pucks to the net. Scobee did not come up big.

Minnesota could very well lose their quarterfinal matchup. They will with a shakey Scobee in net.
        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

It’s interesting that both MN and WI are so good and yet so flawed. Does that seem unusual compared to past years when these teams were ranked so high?
          I haven't seen a UW underperforming at the end of the season as I have seen now. Getting outshot by period, losing to teams below them on a regular basis, it's scary for me. They yanked out a win today, way closer than the score indicates, OSU will be a tough one tomorrow. They have found a way to win lately, Soup needs to play like last year. Sounds like today she did. At least OSU will not be playing for their lives.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            I haven't seen a UW underperforming at the end of the season as I have seen now. Getting outshot by period,
            Getting outshot in the third today was largely Wisconsin playing 'safe'; lots of short shifts and 'dump and change'. Getting outshot in the second was Duluth taking it to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              I haven't seen a UW underperforming at the end of the season as I have seen now. Getting outshot by period, losing to teams below them on a regular basis, it's scary for me. They yanked out a win today, way closer than the score indicates, OSU will be a tough one tomorrow. They have found a way to win lately, Soup needs to play like last year. Sounds like today she did. At least OSU will not be playing for their lives.
              I think goaltending will be the difference tomorrow and I’m taking Braendli over Soup.

Let me revise that to say OSU’s talent + confidence + goaltending adds up to the best in the country right now.
              Last edited by Offsides Guy; 03-07-2020, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Cornell v Princeton at 2 in Ithaca. I'm taking Cornell.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                  Getting outshot in the third today was largely Wisconsin playing 'safe'; lots of short shifts and 'dump and change'. Getting outshot in the second was Duluth taking it to them.
                  Yes, and that 2nd period cannot happen. They needed to take it to them and put them out of their misery. They have had a lot of bad periods lately.

Comment

I think goaltending will be the difference tomorrow and I’m taking Braendli over Soup.
                    I can't argue too much with that other than Soup was amazing all last year and today she played big, so she has it in her. Braendli was great @ UW a few weeks ago, I'd say she is hotter right now. UW's big guns are going to have to pull through again. It is a confidence booster to score on Rooney the last 2 weeks like they did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post

Let me revise that to say OSU’s talent + confidence + goaltending adds up to the best in the country right now.
                      Yet another revision as I forgot to say that, while I’m not a fan, OSU admittedly has the best coach in the country right now.

Comment

Yet another revision as I forgot to say that, while I’m not a fan, OSU admittedly has the best coach in the country right now.
                        Muzzy the best coach? Hahahahahahahaha, that is to laugh. She is living off a mega short bench and a hot goalie right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          Muzzy the best coach? Hahahahahahahaha, that is to laugh. She is living off a mega short bench and a hot goalie right now.
                          Well, MJ and Frosty’scsquads are not playing up to their talent levels on paper so she’s definitely out coaching them. Running a short bench is a coach’s decision and it’s working. Hence she’s Coach of the Year in the toughest conference in the country.

Comment

Princeton scores 58 seconds into OT, 3-2 FINAL as Cornell loses its first (and last) conference game of the season!
                            Last edited by thirdtime's . . .; 03-08-2020, 04:10 PM. Reason: emphasis: a record stat?

Comment

Just got back from a Sunday outing (beautiful) and see that the sinners and the darth vaders are deadlocked at 0...

Looks like overtime is about ready to start.

Comment

Down go the sinners...Congratulations to the Buckeyes. They exceeded expectations. Oh, and the muzzinator's head is really big now!

1-0 win for OSU.

Comment

Working...
                                X