2019-20 D1 Scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 D1 Scores

Gophers up1-0 seven minutes in. I haven't heard much about slow starts lately.

Comment

Mercyhurst wins the CHA tournament over Robert Morris in OT, 2-1.

https://twitter.com/HurstWHockey/sta...33239314702336

Comment

Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post
        Gophers versus OSU game hasn’t started broadcasting yet on Flo even though the game has started. Anyone seeing it on BTN+??
        It started at maybe 5:20 Central time. Yes, I am getting it on BYNPlus. Minn up 1-0. Amy Potomak with a solo highlight reel goal, "upper 90" "bar down" etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post
          You’re on to something and, if you’re Crowell, you have to be feeling pressure from Muzz. Muzz came in a year after Crowell (I think) and has improved OSU tremendously with a similar quality roster.
          Crowell "did" well in her first couple years because she inherited a great first line...Stalder, Brykaliuk and McGovern. They were often magical to watch with their synergy being as great as it was.

And even though there are some talented scorers on this team they aren't highly prolific scorers like the three that I just mentioned. UMD has 3 in the top 50. I just checked and was surprised to see that UW only has 3 in the top 50 as well but that 3 are also in the top 6. So, more scoring punch, regardless of how you get it is always a benefit and this team didn't have enough this year even with decent goaltending. Now, would that have changed if they never had to deal with their Mr. Hyde this season?...who knows?, maybe. But we'll never know.

It sounds like there is a decent freshman class coming in next season but it's only the exceptional scorers who make a huge difference in their first year. And, Rooney will be lost to graduation as well.

We'll have to see if Crowell can improve upon this disappointingly mediocre season which I would guess can't be contributing overly to her job security.

Comment

Minnesota up 1-0 after a period. Shots are 17-3.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
              It started at maybe 5:20 Central time. Yes, I am getting it on BYNPlus. Minn up 1-0. Amy Potomak with a solo highlight reel goal, "upper 90" "bar down" etc.
              Flosports finally started broadcasting with about 12 minutes left in the first period. Irritating!

Comment

Scobee!

Minnesota still leads 2-1...
                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                  Scobee!
                  The defense allows OSU to move the puck side to side and Skaggs to be standing there all by herself, and you blame the goalie?

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                    The defense allows OSU to move the puck side to side and Skaggs to be standing there all by herself, and you blame the goalie?
                    I'm with you. I thought it was really good puck movement.

Comment

And Scobee has come up huge in the ensuing minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                        And Scobee has come up huge in the ensuing minutes.
                        Lucky that Ohio State didn't tie it...but that was probably someone else's fault...

Comment

Hey, I will give the whole Gopher team that was on the ice credit for that breakdown...2-2 tie now.

Comment

After two, it's Minnesota 3, OSU 2. The Buckeyes took two bad penalties in 45 seconds, and the Gophers converted the 5-on-3.

Comment

Minnesota really is a frustrating team to watch. Behind the back pass in your own zone...WTH.

Comment

SCOBEEEE!

Comment

Working...
                                X