2019-20 D-III games / scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
    Adrian 1, Midd 0 after 2. Middlebury looks better offensively but goalie Jandova and blue liner O'Sullivan showing why they're All-Americans.

Speaking of All-Americans, Adrian dressed 3 goalies but 2018 second team All-American Kate Turner is not one of them... curious situation
    Injury.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Re: 2019-20 D-III games / scores

Middlebury ties it up and neither team can pull ahead. Game is a tie in the record books but Middlebury won the shootout to advance to the championship game of the Cardinal-Panther Classic

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        Injury.
        Hope she gets well soon. I admit I find the situation where Adrian has two All-American goalies intriguing as only one can play any given time.

Comment

Last I knew, she was wobbling around in a boot.
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

2-1 Plattsburgh after 1. Plattsburgh went up 2-0 and then River Falls answered. The Falcons causing chaos and forcing some errors. Keeping things even.
            Last edited by Scott_TG; 11-30-2019, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Plattsburgh adds one to make it 3-1 after two frames but it's been a battle. Falcons had a lit of time on the power play including a long 5 on 3 but couldn't convert.

Edit: Scoreless 3rd period leads to a Plattsburgh 3 - River Falls 1 final. Games tomorrow are River Falls vs Adrian at 1 and Plattsburgh vs Middlebury at 3pm.
              Last edited by Scott_TG; 11-30-2019, 07:08 PM.

Comment

River Falls scores midway through the first to make it 1-0 over Adrian. One Falcon played it around a defender at the blue line to get forward Abigail Stow in alone on Jandova. Stow dekes and then backhands it to the roof of the net for the score.

Edit: As I was typing this Stow scored again. 2-0 River Falls.

Edit 2: period ends 2-0 RF. Falcons had a great opportunity to score a third but an Adrian defender was able to prevent the River Falls forward from tapping the puck into an unguarded corner of the net.

Edit 3: End of 2: Adrian gets one back late in the second as a power play is winding down. Score was on a rebound being put in the net during a scrum. River Falls #20 Torkelson was injured in a stand up collision on the boards that saw her stick broken in half. She was favoring her neck. Played one shift then went back to the bench and sat for the remainder of the period (Falcons were on the far side with no tunnell access).
                Last edited by Scott_TG; 12-01-2019, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Middlebury up 1-0 at the end of the first. Leidt put one past Beaubien in a crowded crease midway through the first.

Comment

Midd defeats Plattsburgh 2-1, breaking the Cardinals unbeaten record one game after the previous one fell.

PairWise has Plattsburgh down to 3 on the loss, behind Colby (?!) and GAC.

Should be an interesting poll tomorrow with Plattsburgh and Elmira losing once and Adrian tieing and losing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                      Midd defeats Plattsburgh 2-1, breaking the Cardinals unbeaten record one game after the previous one fell.

PairWise has Plattsburgh down to 3 on the loss, behind Colby (?!) and GAC.

Should be an interesting poll tomorrow with Plattsburgh and Elmira losing once and Adrian tieing and losing.
                      Not sure I understand how the pairwise has Colby at 1 right now despite the 5-0-0 record...wonder if something is off right now with it.
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                        Not sure I understand how the pairwise has Colby at 1 right now despite the 5-0-0 record...wonder if something is off right now with it.
                        I don’t think the PWR is meaningful until the 2nd half of the season. Too small of a sample size.

Comment

• Originally posted by dhammond View Post
                          I don’t think the PWR is meaningful until the 2nd half of the season. Too small of a sample size.
                          Right but I just don’t understand how an 8-0-0 Plattsburgh team with a win over 7-1-0 Norwich was behind 5-0-0 Colby before Platty lost to Middlebury. In what world does that make sense?
                          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 D-III games / scores

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                            Right but I just don’t understand how an 8-0-0 Plattsburgh team with a win over 7-1-0 Norwich was behind 5-0-0 Colby before Platty lost to Middlebury. In what world does that make sense?
                            Funny things happen with the RPI metric when there are teams that have only played a few games. I used an RPI-like model when I published computer rankings, and the small sample effects boosted the NESCACs until they had played a variety of opponents. The metric is too insular until there have been more NC games for the NESCACs
                            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Plattsburgh 7 .. Potsdam 0. Final

A little different than the first game earlier in the season at Maxcy

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                                Plattsburgh 7 .. Potsdam 0. Final

A little different than the first game earlier in the season at Maxcy
                                McCabe was on fire when Potsdam almost pulled off the upset, not quite so last night. Plattsburgh did very well without their best forward on the ice. Abby Brush, Nicole Unsworth, Ivy Boric and Erin McArdle have been on fire the past few games.

Norwich also with a blowout win, beating Castleton 5-0. Benoit is the second best defender in points per game in DIII (one could argue she's the top as Keely Rose is the only one ahead of her and she's a D/F) and the Cadets also have 3 freshmen scoring over a point per game. Only Alvernia has more freshmen at over a point per game.

Bowdoin also drubbed a team, going 7-0 over Anna Maria. It was on the back of a performance that saw them go 2 for 3 on the power play without having to spend a second in the box themselves. Sophomore forward Angelina Joyce increased her season points total by 33% by scoring a goal and 2 assists.

The only close game last night was Oswego over Cortland 3-2. The Red Dragons twice had a one goal lead over the Lakers but Oswego was able to equalize a second time late in the second and score the game winner 5 minutes into the 3rd period.

I think the big games to watch this weekend will be at Murray Athletic Center as it's Amherst at Elmira on Saturday and Williams at Elmira on Sunday. The big western games to watch are midweek next week as it's Eau Claire @ Hamline on Tuesday 12/10 and GAC @ River Falls on Wednesday 12/11.

Comment

Working...
                                X