2019-20 D-III games / scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 D-III games / scores

River Falls moves on to the WIAC championship with a 2-2 tie against UW-Superior. Bizarre situation where fans/players didn’t catch wind that a tie in the books would move River Falls along. River Falls had a PP with 2 minutes left in OT and essentially played keep away.
    Last edited by D3WomensHockey; 02-29-2020, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by D3WomensHockey View Post
      River Falls moves on to the WIAC championship with a 2-2 tie against UW-Superior. Bizarre situation where fans/players didn’t catch wind that a tie in the books would move River Falls along. River Falls had a PP with 2 minutes left and essentially played keep away.
      Yup. That is what it takes. First team to 3 pts or more in the two game series. It is a bizare setup when you think about it.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

The PWR updated for the night, here's what the tourney would look like if the season ended right now, with best seeds remaining assumed the Pool A.

Pool A:
        CHC: Endicott (4t)
        MIAC: GAC (4t)
        NCHA: Adrian (13)
        NEHC: Norwich (11t)
        NESCAC: Middlebury (2)
        NEWHL: Plattsburgh (1)
        UCHC: Elmira (7)

Pool C:
        UW-Eau Claire (3)
        UW-River Falls (6)
        Colby (8)

First round:
        Norwich @ Colby
        River Falls @ GAC

Quarters:
        Colby/Norwich @ Plattsburgh
        Endicott @ Middlebury
        UWRF/GAC @ UW-Eau Claire
        Adrian @ Elmira

Augsburg has jumped Amherst and Hamilton to 9 in PWR, but it would still be tough (not impossible) for them to pull off a Pool C. Amherst is Colby's opponent for the NESCAC semis so even if they knock Colby out, Amherst likely takes their place and leaps Augsburg. Hamilton visits Middlebury and if they were to knock them out it would muddy the Pool C situation even further as now one of the 3 Pool Cs go to Middlebury.

In non-playoff DIII news: Arcadia's inaugural HC Kelsey Koelzer is playing in the PWHPA showcase this weekend in Philadelphia.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
          Yup. That is what it takes. First team to 3 pts or more in the two game series. It is a bizare setup when you think about it.
          What’s even more bizarre is when you see a team pull the goalie when the game is tied.
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
            What’s even more bizarre is when you see a team pull the goalie when the game is tied.
            UW Stevens Point pulled their goalie with 10:17 to play down 4-0. Went down 5-0 28 seconds later. Pulled her again with 9:06 left and 8:03 left. Trying to bust the shutout I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
              Augsburg beats Hamline in OT to advance to face GAC in the MIAC final. Hamline is likely done as there's a lot of traffic in front for that last Pool C.
              Agree. Hamline is certainly finished. Don’t even need to consider upsets in the other conferences. Just within the MIAC and WIAC alone it’s hard to see any of the four finalists falling far enough with a loss to drop below Hamline. Anybody who loses is losing to a top 10 team. Even for Augsburg, the gap to Hamline is too far to be closed by losing to #4 GAC.

Hamline is done.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatGirlCanPlay View Post
                UW Stevens Point pulled their goalie with 10:17 to play down 4-0. Went down 5-0 28 seconds later. Pulled her again with 9:06 left and 8:03 left. Trying to bust the shutout I guess.
                Those type of cases are more hilarious than bizarre.
                Russell Jaslow

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                  Those type of cases are more hilarious than bizarre.
                  About 5 or 6 years ago Mike McShane (Norwich) pulled the goalie against Plattsburgh men when Plattsburgh was up 5-0. Norwich scored just to break up the shutout. So it has been done.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

About 5 or 6 years ago Mike McShane (Norwich) pulled the goalie against Plattsburgh men when Plattsburgh was up 5-0. Norwich scored just to break up the shutout. So it has been done.
                    Norwich had very few opportunities throughout the season to practice having an extra attacker in a game situation. The opportunity presented itself in that game. He would have done the same thing if the score was 5-1.
                    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                      Norwich had very few opportunities throughout the season to practice having an extra attacker in a game situation. The opportunity presented itself in that game. He would have done the same thing if the score was 5-1.
                      Is this an official Norwich explanation?
                      Steve
                      Penn State Class of '95
                      Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

• Originally posted by spwood View Post
                        Is this an official Norwich explanation?
                        Nope. Just providing insight into the situation.
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

All Pool C at larges are Middlebury fans this upcoming weekend. UWEC, GAC, and UWRF all pretty tight depending on what happens Saturday. I would have to think that Augsburg is in a must win scenario, considering Colby and Amherst play each other and likely (key word likely) would stay ahead of them with a win and loss to Middlebury. A Middlebury loss and Augsburg loss ends their chances.

Comment

I know it’s been done. I probably remember all of them... LOL

And it’s hilarious.
                            Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by D3WomensHockey View Post
                              All Pool C at larges are Middlebury fans this upcoming weekend. UWEC, GAC, and UWRF all pretty tight depending on what happens Saturday. I would have to think that Augsburg is in a must win scenario, considering Colby and Amherst play each other and likely (key word likely) would stay ahead of them with a win and loss to Middlebury. A Middlebury loss and Augsburg loss ends their chances.
                              What about Endicott? There’s a bit of a gap (RPI) between them and UWEC and even greater to GAC below (although T4 in PWR).

Comment

Originally posted by ThatGirlCanPlay View Post
                                What about Endicott? There’s a bit of a gap (RPI) between them and UWEC and even greater to GAC below (although T4 in PWR).

I think if Endicott were to lose in the Colonial championship game, the Gulls would plummet down the rankings.

Look at Norwich, who beat Endicott and is stuck in 10th/11th due to poor results vs. the top teams. Adrian is also in the same boat.

Endicott's winning percentage is it's big trump card right now and a loss, even if it's just one could drastically affect them.
                                Last edited by PrezdeJohnson09; 03-03-2020, 08:49 AM.
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X