Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 D-III games / scores

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Doesn't William Smith currently win the tiebreaker with their head to head win over Elmira from earlier this season?
    You're thinking of Nazareth. Elmira beat William Smith 7-0 on 11/16 and the rematch is this Sunday.

Elmira's blemishes are: loss to Nazareth, loss to Eau Claire (Lake Forest Thanksgiving tourney), and the two ties at the East-West

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
      Big week coming up. Elmira @ Plattsburgh on Friday, Williams visiting Middlebury for 2 games and a home and home between St. Thomas and Hamline.
      The Williams / Middlebury is a home and home, alternating with the men's teams. This will be a very interesting series. Williams has the offensive, Middlebury has the defense. What's more interesting this is the final weekend for Williams during this season, whereas Middlebury has another set of games the next weekend against Bowdoin. And Amherst has a pair of games against Colby. So, as usual, NESCAC will come down to the last weekend to determine where the standings end up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
        You're thinking of Nazareth. Elmira beat William Smith 7-0 on 11/16 and the rematch is this Sunday.

Elmira's blemishes are: loss to Nazareth, loss to Eau Claire (Lake Forest Thanksgiving tourney), and the two ties at the East-West
        Thank you! You are correct.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Elmira and Wilkes have rescheduled their postponed game from 2/7 to Monday 2/17. This puts Elmira at three different road opponents in 4 days. At Plattsburgh on Friday, at William Smith on Sunday and at Wilkes on Monday. If the Soaring Eagles hadn't beat the last two opponents by a combined score of 19-0 in their early-season games I'd be concerned for them. I think this works because of the off day after the Plattsburgh game and that they can make WS and Wilkes each a day trip due to the short distances. I don't think this will be as easy on them if they had to do something similar when they're members of the NEHC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
            Elmira and Wilkes have rescheduled their postponed game from 2/7 to Monday 2/17. This puts Elmira at three different road opponents in 4 days. At Plattsburgh on Friday, at William Smith on Sunday and at Wilkes on Monday. If the Soaring Eagles hadn't beat the last two opponents by a combined score of 19-0 in their early-season games I'd be concerned for them. I think this works because of the off day after the Plattsburgh game and that they can make WS and Wilkes each a day trip due to the short distances. I don't think this will be as easy on them if they had to do something similar when they're members of the NEHC.
            Yikes. It’s not like any of those are close trips either. That’s a lot of bus time.

Definitely going to be a challenging 3 game stretch for Elmira even with two of the opponents not being the same caliber as a top 10 team.
            GO LAKERS!!!
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              Yikes. It’s not like any of those are close trips either. That’s a lot of bus time.

Definitely going to be a challenging 3 game stretch for Elmira even with two of the opponents not being the same caliber as a top 10 team.
              It's college sports. They should be able to handle it.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                It's college sports. They should be able to handle it.
                I’m not saying they can’t “handle” it but 3 road games in a span of 4 days with a 6 hour bus trip and back to Plattsburgh and a 2 hour trip to Wilkes isn’t going to be easy.

I’d assume they are leaving Thursday for the big tilt at Plattsburgh so 5 days in total basically on the road. Lot of bus time.
                GO LAKERS!!!
                Oswego State '09

Comment

Is the general consensus that the final 4 four host bid will go out East this year? Or is there a chance it is a committee decision based on what schools are involved. Any insight would be appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by D3WomensHockey View Post
                    Is the general consensus that the final 4 four host bid will go out East this year? Or is there a chance it is a committee decision based on what schools are involved. Any insight would be appreciated.

I think it will follow past precedent and be at the top remaining seed who puts in an acceptable bid. If the seeds are based on the PWR of teams awarded bids you can kind of project out who gets first crack at it if they make the semis (assuming all teams bid).

The championship site has actually switched regions the last 4 seasons so they wouldn't necessarily say this year's has to be in one region or the other because it's been away too long. When I first started following the league they were sending it out West every four seasons for balance (for example: Adrian hosted the 2017 championship despite not being the top seed because it had been played in Plattsburgh for 3 straight years).

Edit: here's what the manual says:

The following criteria are used in the evaluation of sites for all competition in NCAA championships:

● Quality and availability of the facility and other necessary accommodations;
                    ● Geographic location (including such factors as rotation of sites, weather, accessibility and transportation costs);
                    ● Seeding; and
                    ● Attendance history and revenue potential, which shall be considered necessary to assure fiscal responsibility.
                    Last edited by Scott_TG; 02-12-2020, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by D3WomensHockey View Post
                      It will go to the highest remaining seed. Right now, I'd be pretty shocked if it didn't end up at Middlebury or Plattsburgh based on the current PWR.
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                        It will go to the highest remaining seed. Right now, I'd be pretty shocked if it didn't end up at Middlebury or Plattsburgh based on the current PWR.
                        My exact thought also, just figured I’d throw the question out there for discussion.

Comment

Plattsburgh draws first blood 1-0 over Elmira
                          Update: 2-0 Plattsburgh 9:30 left in the first.
                          Last edited by Birdwatcher; 02-14-2020, 06:18 PM.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Plattsburgh draws first blood 1-0 over Elmira
                            Update: 2-0 Plattsburgh 9:30 left in the first.
                            Plattsburgh 2. Elmira 0. After one
                            SOG 13-8 Plattsburgh

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Plattsburgh 2. Elmira 0. After one
                              SOG 13-8 Plattsburgh
                              Final 3-0 Plattsburgh

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Final 3-0 Plattsburgh
                                Great game all around. Wolf with a career game, good defensive play and Davis made some goog saves.

Also yesterday, St. Thomas and Hamline skated to a 1-1 tie.

Comment

Working...
                                X