Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 D-III games / scores

Originally posted by Healthyscratch View Post
    Would think Hamline jumps up after a tie and a convincing win over Gustavus. They lead the standings in MIAC
    Hamline took over first place in the MIAC this weekend so they would be the Pool A team replacing GAC...
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by Healthyscratch View Post
      Would think Hamline jumps up after a tie and a convincing win over Gustavus. They lead the standings in MIAC
      https://www.uscho.com/rankings/pairw...s/d-iii-women/

Latest PWR rankings above. If the season ended today and you took the conference leader as the tournament champion, you would have the following:

Colonial - Endicott (4)
      MIAC - Hamline (8)
      NCHA - Adrian (13)
      NEHC - Norwich (14)
      NESCAC - Middlebury (2)
      NEWHL - Plattsburgh (1)
      UCHC - Elmira (5)

Pool C - Eau Claire (3)
      Pool C - Gustavus Adolphus (6)
      Pool C - Amherst (7)

Option 1
      First Round:
      Norwich at Amherst
      Adrian at Elmira

Quarterfinals:
      Norwich/Amherst at Plattsburgh
      Hamline at Gustavus Adolphus
      Endicott at Middlebury
      Adrian/Elmira at Eau Claire

Option 2
      First Round:
      Norwich at Amherst
      Hamline at Gustavus Adolphus

Quarterfinals:
      Norwich/Amherst at Plattsburgh
      Adrian at Elmira
      Endicott at Middlebury
      Hamline/Gustavus at Eau Claire

Option 2 is likely the option that would be picked to avoid having a flight in the quarterfinal round.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Big midweek matchups: Middlebury @ Norwich on Tuesday and River Falls @ St. Thomas on Wednesday. I think Norwich is playing with house money on Tuesday. They don't stand to lose something they have going for them if they lose (their projected seed for March is already the 10 and I think Pool C is moot for them in that they almost certainly won't need it and their schedule is too soft for them to climb the many teams ahead of them in PWR in the extremely unlikely event they do). Midd has all the pressure where if they have a bad result in a tough conference tourney they could be left out, and the risk of sliding out of Pool C contention is greater if they get upset tomorrow.

Wednesday I think River Falls needs it more simply because they don't have a Pool A or Pool B to fall back on. It also may help them to have a win over St. Thomas if St. Thomas can go on to beat Hamline later this month, given Hamline is currently above them for Pool C consideration. They way it looks currently in the PWR, if anyone but Gustavus wins the MIAC, River Falls is out of the tourney. But there are too many games between the top western teams left (RF/EC and St. Thomas/Hamline home and homes coming up this month plus conference tourneys) to say that the Falcons should start rooting for the Gusties throughout February.
        Last edited by Scott_TG; 02-03-2020, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
          Big midweek matchups: Middlebury @ Norwich on Tuesday and River Falls @ St. Thomas on Wednesday. I think Norwich is playing with house money on Tuesday. They don't stand to lose something they have going for them if they lose (their projected seed for March is already the 10 and I think Pool C is moot for them in that they almost certainly won't need it and their schedule is too soft for them to climb the many teams ahead of them in PWR in the extremely unlikely event they do). Midd has all the pressure where if they have a bad result in a tough conference tourney they could be left out, and the risk of sliding out of Pool C contention is greater if they get upset tomorrow.
          I think Norwich needs this game as much as Middlebury does. Having gone 0-3-1 against ranked teams so far, Norwich is in need of a signature win heading in tournament play. Right now, this team feels ripe to be picked off in their conference tournament.
          Steve
          Penn State Class of '95
          Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
            I think Norwich needs this game as much as Middlebury does. Having gone 0-3-1 against ranked teams so far, Norwich is in need of a signature win heading in tournament play. Right now, this team feels ripe to be picked off in their conference tournament.
            I think their ranked opponent struggles and NEHC dominance are compartmentalized. They're +71 in conference goal differential and have yet to concede a goal at home to a conference opponent (and they'll be at home during the conference tourney). They went 5-0 in conference play after going 0-3-1 to start the second half. I think that Norwich is winning the NEHC conference championship even if the Panthers drop 9 on them tonight like the 2014 Plattsburgh team.
            Last edited by Scott_TG; 02-04-2020, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Norwich had a 2-0 deficit after 2 and fought back to tie #2 Middlebury for a 2-2 final. The Cadets' pair of former Methuen-Tewksbury standouts Amanda Conway and Julia Masotta each assisted on both Norwich goals. Leidt and Hargrave scored the goals for the Midd Panthers.

Comment

River Falls wins 4-1 ENG over St Thomas.

Comment

River Falls with a convincing 4-1 (ENG) win over St. Thomas. I only saw the lat 14 mins of the third, but in what I saw River Falls was in control the whole time.

In other action, Nazareth provided a bit of a rain cloud over Utica's 7th Annual Gold Ribbon Game, as the Golden Flyers beat the Pioneers 3-1.

Oswego overcame Morrisville's Mackenzie Lombardi scoring twice in 18 seconds by rattling off 3 straight goals in the final frame for a 4-2 win.

Tonight's action has the playoff picture looking like:

Pool As:
                  CHC: Endicott (4t)
                  MIAC: Hamline (9)
                  NCHA: Adrian (14)
                  NEHC: Norwich (11)
                  NESCAC: Middlebury (2)
                  NEWHL: Plattsburgh (1)
                  UCHC: Nazareth* (20)

*Naz and Elmira are tied in the UCHC standings by points. First tiebreaker in the UCHC is H2H, which Naz wins as they beat Elmira early in the season and the rematch is yet to come.

Pool Cs:
                  Eau Claire (3)
                  Elmira (4t)
                  GAC (6)

Looking at the field and the onus on the committee to prevent QF flights, the first rounds are Naz @ Adrian with winner at Elmira. Second first round will be either 11 Norwich @ 4t Endicott (putting them @ Elmira risks flights) or 6 GAC @ 9 Hamline. I think the latter is more likely, while it gives the 11 PWR a bye instead of the 6 it keeps both 4 PWR teams out of the first round.

First Round:
                  [10] Nazareth @ [9] Adrian
                  [6] GAC @ [7] Hamline

Quarters:
                  [8] Norwich @ [1] Plattsburgh**
                  Naz/Adrian @ [5] Elmira**
                  [4] Endicott @ [2] Middlebury
                  GAC/Hamline @ [3] Eau Claire

**Does anyone know if the brackets set at the beginning where whoever wins a first round goes to a specific opponent regardless of the result? Or if say Nazareth beats Adrian would they as the 10 seed in the tourney go to face #1 Plattsburgh and Norwich would visit Elmira instead?
                  Last edited by Scott_TG; 02-05-2020, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Naza won’t beat Elmira in the conference championship. MIAC, who knows. A lot will/can change in the west. River Falls @ UW-Superior. Home and home River Falls and Eau Claire. It looks like 5 teams in the west will make the tournament. Will be interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                      River Falls with a convincing 4-1 (ENG) win over St. Thomas. I only saw the lat 14 mins of the third, but in what I saw River Falls was in control the whole time.

In other action, Nazareth provided a bit of a rain cloud over Utica's 7th Annual Gold Ribbon Game, as the Golden Flyers beat the Pioneers 3-1.

Oswego overcame Morrisville's Mackenzie Lombardi scoring twice in 18 seconds by rattling off 3 straight goals in the final frame for a 4-2 win.

Tonight's action has the playoff picture looking like:

Pool As:
                      CHC: Endicott (4t)
                      MIAC: Hamline (9)
                      NCHA: Adrian (14)
                      NEHC: Norwich (11)
                      NESCAC: Middlebury (2)
                      NEWHL: Plattsburgh (1)
                      UCHC: Nazareth* (20)

*Naz and Elmira are tied in the UCHC standings by points. First tiebreaker in the UCHC is H2H, which Naz wins as they beat Elmira early in the season and the rematch is yet to come.

Pool Cs:
                      Eau Claire (3)
                      Elmira (4t)
                      GAC (6)

Looking at the field and the onus on the committee to prevent QF flights, the first rounds are Naz @ Adrian with winner at Elmira. Second first round will be either 11 Norwich @ 4t Endicott (putting them @ Elmira risks flights) or 6 GAC @ 9 Hamline. I think the latter is more likely, while it gives the 11 PWR a bye instead of the 6 it keeps both 4 PWR teams out of the first round.

First Round:
                      [10] Nazareth @ [9] Adrian
                      [6] GAC @ [7] Hamline

Quarters:
                      [8] Norwich @ [1] Plattsburgh**
                      Naz/Adrian @ [5] Elmira**
                      [4] Endicott @ [2] Middlebury
                      GAC/Hamline @ [3] Eau Claire

**Does anyone know if the brackets set at the beginning where whoever wins a first round goes to a specific opponent regardless of the result? Or if say Nazareth beats Adrian would they as the 10 seed in the tourney go to face #1 Plattsburgh and Norwich would visit Elmira instead?
                      The bracket is set right from the beginning. No matchups would change based on first round results
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

The brackets are fixed once they are set. No reseeding.
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

UW-River Falls beats UW-Superior 3-0.

Comment

• Norwich’s Amanda Conway moves into 3rd on all-time ncaa Division III goal scoring list with two more goals last night in a 9-1 win over Suffolk. She passed Tori Charron and now has 106 career goals in 104 games.
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Big week coming up. Elmira @ Plattsburgh on Friday, Williams visiting Middlebury for 2 games and a home and home between St. Thomas and Hamline.

Here's how it looks heading into that:

#1 Plattsburgh (Pool A) [#1 PWR]
                              #2 Middlebury (Pool A) [#2 PWR]
                              #3 Eau Claire (Pool C) [#3 PWR]
                              #4 Endicott (Pool A) [#4t PWR]
                              #5 Elmira (Pool A) [#4t PWR]*
                              #6 River Falls (Pool C) [#6 PWR]
                              #7 GAC (Pool A) [#7 PWR]
                              #8 Amherst (Pool C) [#8 PWR]
                              #9 Norwich (Pool A) [#9t PWR]
                              #10 Adrian (Pool A) [#11 PWR]

*Currently tied for conference points with William Smith but wins H2H tiebreaker.

First Round:
                              Norwich @ Amherst
                              GAC @ River Falls

Quarters:
                              Norwich/Amherst @ Plattsburgh
                              Endicott @ Middlebury
                              GAC/RF @ Eau Claire
                              Adrian @ Elmira
                              Last edited by Scott_TG; 02-10-2020, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Big week coming up. Elmira @ Plattsburgh on Friday, Williams visiting Middlebury for 2 games and a home and home between St. Thomas and Hamline.

Here's how it looks heading into that:

#1 Plattsburgh (Pool A) [#1 PWR]
                                #2 Middlebury (Pool A) [#2 PWR]
                                #3 Eau Claire (Pool C) [#3 PWR]
                                #4 Endicott (Pool A) [#4t PWR]
                                #5 Elmira (Pool A) [#4t PWR]*
                                #6 River Falls (Pool C) [#6 PWR]
                                #7 GAC (Pool A) [#7 PWR]
                                #8 Amherst (Pool C) [#8 PWR]
                                #9 Norwich (Pool A) [#9t PWR]
                                #10 Adrian (Pool A) [#11 PWR]

*Currently tied for conference points with William Smith but wins H2H tiebreaker.

First Round:
                                Norwich @ Amherst
                                GAC @ River Falls

Quarters:
                                Norwich/Amherst @ Plattsburgh
                                Endicott @ Middlebury
                                GAC/RF @ Eau Claire
                                Adrian @ Elmira
                                Doesn't William Smith currently win the tiebreaker with their head to head win over Elmira from earlier this season?
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X