Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 D-III games / scores

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
    Manhattanville has to play Naz on Friday and Elmira the Friday after that. Elmira doesn't have any conference opponents left in the regular season who should give them trouble. I'd wager the standings will look different after those two games.

It's been a long time since the Soaring Eagles have had to worry about winning their conference.
    Oh, I am well aware. It was just a more fun exercise when Elmira wasn't in the field! It's becomes more automatic when you can just pencil in the Elmira/Adrian game (which should be a first round game, but I'm not sure the NCAA would take a chance on Adrian winning and creating a QF flight they could avoid).
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
      Oh, I am well aware. It was just a more fun exercise when Elmira wasn't in the field! It's becomes more automatic when you can just pencil in the Elmira/Adrian game (which should be a first round game, but I'm not sure the NCAA would take a chance on Adrian winning and creating a QF flight they could avoid).
      I find it comforting that Elmira winning the conference isn't a foregone conclusion anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by DDad16 View Post
        I find it comforting that Elmira winning the conference isn't a foregone conclusion anymore.
        Progress is slow, especially with conference expansion and traditionally strong teams being split off into new conferences. There are really only two conferences where there isn’t a clear cut favorite to win it annually right now and would be shocking if said team didn’t win.

I think 10-15 years from now the women’s game will catch up to where the men’s game is and have 30+ good teams that can all win the national championship. Currently that’s not even close to the case on the women’s side.

But slowly but surely progress is being made.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Some results from yesterday and today:

Friday (1/24):
          -Manhattanville and Nazareth tie 3-3 in a battle of the current North and South division leaders of the UCHC. This put Elmira within one point of tying for the North Division lead.
          - Midd beats Colby 3-0.
          - GAC beat St. Thomas 1-0.
          - Amherst and Trinity skated to a 2-2 tie.
          - Adrian and Norwich both blow out their opponents.

Today (1/25):
          - Bowdoin over Williams in OT.
          - Midd beats Colby 2-1 for the sweep.
          - Eau Claire beat Stevens Point 5-2.
          - Superior defeats River Falls 2-1.
          - Amherst beats Trinity 5-2.
          - Manhattanville beats Utica 3-0.
          - Naz, Norwich, Elmira and Adrian all blow out their opponents.

Biggest game left today is the second half of a home and home as St. Thomas looks to avenge yesterday's loss to GAC with a rematch at 7:30 PM CT.

#1 Plattsburgh is off this weekend and will next play at Potsdam on Wednesday Jan 29. Then they are off again until Feb 7 and 8 when they host Cortland.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post

Friday (1/24):
            -Manhattanville and Nazareth tie 3-3 in a battle of the current North and South division leaders of the UCHC. This put Elmira within one point of tying for the North Division lead.
            - Midd beats Colby 3-0.

Today (1/25):

Biggest game left today is the second half of a home and home as St. Thomas looks to avenge yesterday's loss to GAC with a rematch at 7:30 PM CT.

#1 Plattsburgh is off this weekend and will next play at Potsdam on Wednesday Jan 29. Then they are off again until Feb 7 and 8 when they host Cortland.
            Any word on the injured Colby player?

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post

Friday (1/24):
              - Midd beats Colby 3-0.

Today (1/25):

Norwich's Amanda Conway scored her 100th career goal in 100th career game today. She ranks 7th on the all-time NCAA Division III scoring list and trails Cherie Stewart from Manhattanville by 1 now. In the last two games she's passed former Plattsburgh great Melissa Sheeran (97) and UMass Boston's Andrea Ciarletti (98).
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

GAC hands St. Thomas their worst home loss since 2013 with a 6-0 win over the Tommies.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                  Any word on the injured Colby player?
                  That is my question as well.

Comment

If the season ended today, we'd have our old Elmira/Adrian game in the NCAAs again. From my analysis the game should definitely be a first round game as they would be the #8 and #6 seeds in this tournament. If the NCAA pushed them to the QF round, that would force the #4 and #7 teams to play in the first round. I suspect that's what the NCAA would do. I came up with the following (PWR ranking):

UW River Falls (7) @ Gustavus Adolphus (4)
                    Manhattanville (34) @ Norwich (13)

Quarterfinals:

Manhattanville / Norwich winner @ Plattsburgh (1)
                    UW - River Falls / GAC winner @ UW Eau Claire (3)
                    Adrian (11) @ Elmira (6)
                    Endicott (5) @ Middlebury (2)
                    Steve
                    Penn State Class of '95
                    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                      If the season ended today, we'd have our old Elmira/Adrian game in the NCAAs again. From my analysis the game should definitely be a first round game as they would be the #8 and #6 seeds in this tournament. If the NCAA pushed them to the QF round, that would force the #4 and #7 teams to play in the first round. I suspect that's what the NCAA would do. I came up with the following (PWR ranking):

UW River Falls (7) @ Gustavus Adolphus (4)
                      Manhattanville (34) @ Norwich (13)

Quarterfinals:

Manhattanville / Norwich winner @ Plattsburgh (1)
                      UW - River Falls / GAC winner @ UW Eau Claire (3)
                      Adrian (11) @ Elmira (6)
                      Endicott (5) @ Middlebury (2)
                      If Elmira comes up with the Pool A it looks like Amherst, Colby or Hamline would be the contenders for the next Pool C. Current PWR it would be Amherst.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                        If Elmira comes up with the Pool A it looks like Amherst, Colby or Hamline would be the contenders for the next Pool C. Current PWR it would be Amherst.
                        Watching the Colby Midd game Saturday I would give the nod to Colby.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

SUNY Oswego is down to one goalie on the roster, senior Rachel Farmer. I've seen that they have a goalie from Meijer AAA (Hiebert, who has a 2.17 GAA in 27 games) slated for the fall, but they're in trouble if anything happens to Farmer between now and the end of the year. And they're going to have to find another goalie as either a recruit or transfer for the fall (if they don't already have one lined up) just to have a backup.
                          Last edited by Scott_TG; 01-30-2020, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Hamilton up 1-0 on Midd almost midway through the third pd.

Edit: Hamilton with the 2-0 final. Middlebury had a late power play but when re-entering the zone after a weak clear by Hamilton it looks like it hit the ref's leg at which point the Hamilton player clears it down and the Continentals score the shorty at the other end.

Edit: I might have been hearing things but I'm fairly sure the Hamilton announcer at one point referred to Middlebury's venerated head coach as "Billy Mandingo"...
                            Last edited by Scott_TG; 01-31-2020, 07:59 PM.

Comment

A lot of the tourney contenders tied tonight. Colby tied Trinity, Hamline tied GAC, Stevens Point tied Eau Claire and Williams tied Conn College.

If the season ended today, based on conference leaders and PWR:
                              #1 Plattsburgh (Pool A)
                              #2 Middlebury (Pool A)
                              #3 Eau Claire (Pool C)
                              #4 Endicott (Pool A)
                              #5 GAC (Pool A)
                              #6 Elmira (Pool A)
                              #7 River Falls (Pool C)
                              #8 Amherst (Pool C)
                              #9 Adrian (Pool A)
                              #10 Norwich (Pool A)

Round 1:
                              Norwich @ Amherst
                              River Falls @ GAC

Quarterfinals
                              Norwich/Amherst @ Plattsburgh
                              Endicott @ Middlebury
                              Adrian @ Elmira
                              UWRF/GAC @ Eau Claire

Comment

Would think Hamline jumps up after a tie and a convincing win over Gustavus. They lead the standings in MIAC

Comment

Working...
                                X