2019-20 D-III games / scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ThatGirlCanPlay View Post
    Curve ball: Amherst and Norwich in the play-in game to then play Plattsburgh. Adrian v Elmira in QF to fill out the top half of the bracket.

RF v GAC in the play-in game everyone expected. Middlebury v Endicott in other QF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I fail to see the curve ball. This was predicted right along.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 D-III games / scores

Originally posted by D3WomensHockey View Post
      Seems to me like they threw Adrian and Elmira in Plattsburgh’s side as a way to even things out with them both going straight to the quarterfinals. I could be wrong.
      No, they're in Plattsburgh's side because if the favorites win, the winner of this game will be the lowest seed left and would play the #1 seed in the Final Four.
      Steve
      Penn State Class of '95
      Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

It was just announced on WPTZ the Norwich-Amherst game will be played with no fans.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
          It was just announced on WPTZ the Norwich-Amherst game will be played with no fans.
          Amherst's call ..
          Norwich's press release specifically says it does not come from them or the NCAA.

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
            Amherst's call ..
            Norwich's press release specifically says it does not come from them or the NCAA.
            Apparently they didn't have fans for the women's bouncy ball regionals either.
            Steve
            Penn State Class of '95
            Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

• Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
              Amherst's call ..
              NCAA should move the game to Norwich. Too much panic going on.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Certainly reduces the home ice advantage for the "What Are They Called Nows." How does that affect tournament revenues other than the obvious and is the NCAA supportive of this call?
                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Disappointing to hear. Hope this doesn't happen for quarters or the frozen four

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                    Certainly reduces the home ice advantage for the "What Are They Called Nows." How does that affect tournament revenues other than the obvious and is the NCAA supportive of this call?
                    I’m very interested to know what the NCAA thinks about it also. Hopefully no other hosting schools get any ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                      I think you're right on the money. With Elmira in, it took all the potential different scenarios out of play as Adrian and Elmira have to meet.
                      If I ever hit the lottery big, I am going to build a nice new hockey rink beside the Chemung Speedrome for Elmira to use. 502 miles from the Arrington Ice Arena.

Comment

Originally posted by Bald Tire View Post
                        If I ever hit the lottery big, I am going to build a nice new hockey rink beside the Chemung Speedrome for Elmira to use. 502 miles from the Arrington Ice Arena.
                        Unfortunately, the NCAA distance measurement is between the schools, not between the venues. Good idea though. You would have to move the entire school to that location.

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                          Unfortunately, the NCAA distance measurement is between the schools, not between the venues. Good idea though. You would have to move the entire school to that location.
                          What about schools with more than one campus? Which one do they count?

Hmmm, build a "second" campus a little further away, which consists of one building. Make the building an administration building, and change the official school address to that building. You save all that money not having to build a new arena.

My consulting business is available for other projects as well...
                          Russell Jaslow
                          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                            What about schools with more than one campus? Which one do they count?
                            In most cases, its the campus that the team represents. J&W has 4 campi, and each campus has their own sports program (but all of the teams are known as the Wildcats). Providence is NCAA DIII, Charlotte is in USCAA, Miami is NAIA, and Denver is a provisional DIII program on the way out of the NAIA. Northern Vermont University has two campi with separate athletic programs. In each of these cases the NCAA TES calculator has separate selection for each campus. When Norwich operated two campi (Montpelier and Northfield) with one athletic program, distances were calculated from Northfield. (This was in the days that civilian students were based in Montpelier, so most of the women's athletic programs consisted of Montpelier students, and a majority of the hockey players were considered to be Vermont College (Montpelier) students.)
                            Last edited by NUProf; 03-10-2020, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Has Middlebury clarified if they will be playing Saturday?

Comment

Originally posted by D3WomensHockey View Post
                                Has Middlebury clarified if they will be playing Saturday?
                                It's still on the schedule along with other Winter NCAA events Midd is in. Everything else is listed as cancelled. Maybe they're not trying to draw attention to the exception being made?

Comment

Working...
                                X