2019-20 D-III games / scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019-20 D-III games / scores

Does anyone know what teams will launch the new season (who plays the first game of the year)?

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
    Does anyone know what teams will launch the new season (who plays the first game of the year)?
    Are you counting scrimmage / exhibition games?

Comment

Re: 2019-20 D-III games / scores

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
      https://www.collegehockeystats.net/1920/schedules/d3w

Not a lot of momentum in adding schedules thus far.
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Aren't we still about a month out for DIII?

Comment

Originally posted by agfire View Post
          Aren't we still about a month out for DIII?
          4 weeks anyway.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
            4 weeks anyway.
            DIII teams have to practice at least 5 times with a coach before they are permitted to have any type of game: even exhibition or scrimmages. Since Monday October 14th is the first day coaches are allowed on the ice, That means the 19th would be the earliest someone can play (unless you want to get creative and do a few two-a-days but I doubt that would happen at this level).

Comment

Happy first day of practice! (Except the NESCAC)

Comment

Originally posted by GTOWN View Post
                DIII teams have to practice at least 5 times with a coach before they are permitted to have any type of game: even exhibition or scrimmages. Since Monday October 14th is the first day coaches are allowed on the ice, That means the 19th would be the earliest someone can play (unless you want to get creative and do a few two-a-days but I doubt that would happen at this level).
                D3 rules state you can't start the season till November unless the last weekend of October is on a weekend (technically, they count back x number of weeks from when the championship weekend is). Exhibitions and scrimmages can happen sooner. I think I got that right. But close enough.

You can't start regular games five days after you practice just because you started practice at the earliest allowed date.
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                  D3 rules state you can't start the season till November unless the last weekend of October is on a weekend (technically, they count back x number of weeks from when the championship weekend is). Exhibitions and scrimmages can happen sooner. I think I got that right. But close enough.

You can't start regular games five days after you practice just because you started practice at the earliest allowed date.

You're right on the regular season game timing. However, even exhibition/scrimmages can't start before the team has been on the ice at least 5 times with coaches - regardless of dates.

Comment

You're right on the regular season game timing. However, even exhibition/scrimmages can't start before the team has been on the ice at least 5 times with coaches - regardless of dates.
                    Interesting, because Eau Claire and River Falls have a scrimmage scheduled for Friday. I'm sure they would never do that without the proper respect for the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by MND3Dad View Post
                      Interesting, because Eau Claire and River Falls have a scrimmage scheduled for Friday. I'm sure they would never do that without the proper respect for the rules.
                      They can have 2 practices in one day..... I know some schools played this weekend (Morrisville) but had to ask for permission - which was granted.

Comment

You guys are expert and my memory fails me.

What's the maximum number of games these teams can schedule again?

Comment

Correct.
                          Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by MND3Dad View Post
                            You guys are expert and my memory fails me.

What's the maximum number of games these teams can schedule again?
                            For D3, 25. And you are limited to I think two exhibitions.

There are exceptions. Foreign trips, which are allowed once every four years, don't count towards the limit nor towards the dates of the season. Oswego men went to Italy this past summer.

(And in D1, certain special tournaments and games against Alaska schools don't count towards your limit.)
                            Russell Jaslow

Comment

The acclimatization period is 5 days, not practices. You cannot run 3 practices at 60 minutes each and say, "Well that's three. Just not need two more before we can play."

Its 5 practices conducted on separate dates, prior to participation in any "outside" competition. An on-ice practice conducted on the same date as a regular contest, preseason scrimmage, exhibition game or joint practice is countable toward the five-day acclimatization period.

So if UWRF and UWEC have practiced M-F from 12-2pm...they can scrimmage later that night on Friday the 18th.

Comment

Working...
                              X