Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2019-20 D-III games / scores

Re: 2019-20 D-III games / scores

Quote Originally Posted by Birdwatcher View Post
    After one period Plattsburgh 2. Middlebury 0. SOG 14-1 Plattsburgh
    I was surprised when I saw the shot count given how much time was spend in Plattsburgh's end early in the period.

Plattsburgh added one more to make it 3-0 after 2.

Middlebury will have 1:52 of a power play left to start the third after Krauseneck gets called for a penalty while forechecking with 8 seconds left in the period.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Scott Henkle
    SUNY Plattsburgh Class of 2012

Proud alumn of WQKE

GO CARDS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_TG View Post
    I was surprised when I saw the shot count given how much time was spend in Plattsburgh's end early in the period.

Plattsburgh added one more to make it 3-0 after 2.

Middlebury will have 1:52 of a power play left to start the third after Krauseneck gets called for a penalty while forechecking with 8 seconds left in the period.

Final 4-1 Plattsburgh on an ENG.

Plattsburgh finishes it off 4-1 with an ENG. They spent a lot of the third the same way they spent the early parts of the first period: trying to break out of their own zone and generate offensive opportunities when they did get forward.

Plattsburgh got a lot of great defensive effort from blue liners Benjamin, Kiraly and McArdle and forward Walker showcasing her special talent of blocking hard shots with her body. Great play offensively from Walker along with Unsworth and the current NEWHL Rookie of the Year favorite Boric.

Even in the 3 goal loss the Panthers were very impressive. Han made some great stops and Zumwinkle, Hendrikson and Vira stood out to be on defense.

If these two teams meet again in March it could be a classic.

Scott Henkle

Proud alumn of WQKE

GO CARDS!!

Other action tonight:

- NEC beat Nichols 1-0. Sophomote goalie Cienna Wier made 57 saves in the shutout for her second win of the season and hopefully a contender for any NEHC Goalie of the Week award that might be given out.

- Hamline beat St. Benedict 5-2. Garin with 4 points and Simon with 3.

- Williams and St. Anselm skated to a 1-1 tie.

- Elmira was more effective shorthanded on the penalty kill than power play tonight, scoring two shorties during an 8-0 drubbing of Morrisville. RW Mordini led with 4 points and centers Crocker (HT) and Adams had 3.

- UNE beat USM 4-0 with starting center Jessie Scott pacing with 2 goals.

- Hamilton shutout Utica 6-0. Loh with 2 goals and 2 goals from the 4th line (Malley and Curry)

- Endicott shutout Wesleyan 3-0 including an ENG. Starting LW Meier with 2 points.

- Northland and Finlandia was close until midway through the 3rd when theh scored a shorty and added and ENG to finish w/ a 5-2 win.

- And on a night with multiple shorties and empty-netters across the league, Eau Claire's Abby Roeser said "why not both?" and scored a short-handed ENG with 55 seconds left to seal a 4-0 shutout over Augsburg in the last contest of the evening.

Scott Henkle

Proud alumn of WQKE

GO CARDS!!

Do You Believe in Miracles? YES!!!

So, since I had a few minutes. I re-ran the field putting one of the first round games out west. This is what I came up with:

1 Plattsburgh (Pool A)
    2 Middlebury (Pool A)
    3 UW-Eau Claire (Pool C) (3 PWR)
    4 Endicott (Pool A)
    5 Colby (Pool C) (5 PWR)
    6 GAC (Pool C ) (6 PWR)
    7 Adrian (Pool A)
    8 Norwich (Pool A)
    9 St. Thomas (Pool A)
    10 Manhattanville (Pool A)

First Round
    St. Thomas @ GAC
    Manhattanville @ Norwich

Quarters:

Norwich/Manhattanville @ Plattsburgh
    Adrian @ Middlebury
    Colby @ Endicott
    St. Thomas/GAC @ UW Eau Claire

I feel like this is the better option than the first as seeds 1-4 all avoid the first round in this scenario.
    Last edited by spwood; 01-22-2020 at 02:46 PM.
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Manhattanville has to play Naz on Friday and Elmira the Friday after that. Elmira doesn't have any conference opponents left in the regular season who should give them trouble. I'd wager the standings will look different after those two games.

It's been a long time since the Soaring Eagles have had to worry about winning their conference.
    Scott Henkle

Proud alumn of WQKE

GO CARDS!!

Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Manhattanville has to play Naz on Friday and Elmira the Friday after that. Elmira doesn't have any conference opponents left in the regular season who should give them trouble. I'd wager the standings will look different after those two games.

It's been a long time since the Soaring Eagles have had to worry about winning their conference.
    Not that long...isnít this only year 3 of Plattsburgh and Elmira being separated?

Elmira and Norwich going together in 2021-22 will be fun too...

True, but Elmira hasn't missed a tourney since 2012 (RIT's last season in DIII) and I can't remember when they weren't a likely Pool C contender.

Elmira and Norwich will make for some great conference games. Just hope there aren't more 0-0 ties in store.
    Scott Henkle

Proud alumn of WQKE

GO CARDS!!

True, but Elmira hasn't missed a tourney since 2012 (RIT's last season in DIII) and I can't remember when they weren't a likely Pool C contender.

Elmira and Norwich will make for some great conference games. Just hope there aren't more 0-0 ties in store.
    I see what you were saying now...you meant itís been a long time since Elmira HAD to win their league to get into the NCAAís

Elmira doesn't have any conference opponents left in the regular season who should give them trouble.

Elmira still has to play Nazareth again, to whom they've already lost this season. Then, will likely have to get past them in the tournament as well. Should be interesting.

Oh, I am well aware. It was just a more fun exercise when Elmira wasn't in the field! It's becomes more automatic when you can just pencil in the Elmira/Adrian game (which should be a first round game, but I'm not sure the NCAA would take a chance on Adrian winning and creating a QF flight they could avoid).
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Quote Originally Posted by spwood View Post
    Oh, I am well aware. It was just a more fun exercise when Elmira wasn't in the field! It's becomes more automatic when you can just pencil in the Elmira/Adrian game (which should be a first round game, but I'm not sure the NCAA would take a chance on Adrian winning and creating a QF flight they could avoid).
    I find it comforting that Elmira winning the conference isn't a foregone conclusion anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by DDad16 View Post
    I find it comforting that Elmira winning the conference isn't a foregone conclusion anymore.
    Progress is slow, especially with conference expansion and traditionally strong teams being split off into new conferences. There are really only two conferences where there isnít a clear cut favorite to win it annually right now and would be shocking if said team didnít win.

I think 10-15 years from now the womenís game will catch up to where the menís game is and have 30+ good teams that can all win the national championship. Currently thatís not even close to the case on the womenís side.

But slowly but surely progress is being made.

Some results from yesterday and today:

Friday (1/24):
    -Manhattanville and Nazareth tie 3-3 in a battle of the current North and South division leaders of the UCHC. This put Elmira within one point of tying for the North Division lead.
    - Midd beats Colby 3-0.
    - GAC beat St. Thomas 1-0.
    - Amherst and Trinity skated to a 2-2 tie.
    - Adrian and Norwich both blow out their opponents.

Today (1/25):
    - Bowdoin over Williams in OT.
    - Midd beats Colby 2-1 for the sweep.
    - Eau Claire beat Stevens Point 5-2.
    - Superior defeats River Falls 2-1.
    - Amherst beats Trinity 5-2.
    - Manhattanville beats Utica 3-0.
    - Naz, Norwich, Elmira and Adrian all blow out their opponents.

Biggest game left today is the second half of a home and home as St. Thomas looks to avenge yesterday's loss to GAC with a rematch at 7:30 PM CT.

#1 Plattsburgh is off this weekend and will next play at Potsdam on Wednesday Jan 29. Then they are off again until Feb 7 and 8 when they host Cortland.

Friday (1/24):
    -Manhattanville and Nazareth tie 3-3 in a battle of the current North and South division leaders of the UCHC. This put Elmira within one point of tying for the North Division lead.
    - Midd beats Colby 3-0.

Today (1/25):

Biggest game left today is the second half of a home and home as St. Thomas looks to avenge yesterday's loss to GAC with a rematch at 7:30 PM CT.

#1 Plattsburgh is off this weekend and will next play at Potsdam on Wednesday Jan 29. Then they are off again until Feb 7 and 8 when they host Cortland.
    Any word on the injured Colby player?

Friday (1/24):
    - Midd beats Colby 3-0.

Today (1/25):

Norwich's Amanda Conway scored her 100th career goal in 100th career game today. She ranks 7th on the all-time NCAA Division III scoring list and trails Cherie Stewart from Manhattanville by 1 now. In the last two games she's passed former Plattsburgh great Melissa Sheeran (97) and UMass Boston's Andrea Ciarletti (98).
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

GAC hands St. Thomas their worst home loss since 2013 with a 6-0 win over the Tommies.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdwatcher View Post
    Any word on the injured Colby player?
    That is my question as well.

If the season ended today, we'd have our old Elmira/Adrian game in the NCAAs again. From my analysis the game should definitely be a first round game as they would be the #8 and #6 seeds in this tournament. If the NCAA pushed them to the QF round, that would force the #4 and #7 teams to play in the first round. I suspect that's what the NCAA would do. I came up with the following (PWR ranking):

UW River Falls (7) @ Gustavus Adolphus (4)
    Manhattanville (34) @ Norwich (13)

Quarterfinals:

Manhattanville / Norwich winner @ Plattsburgh (1)
    UW - River Falls / GAC winner @ UW Eau Claire (3)
    Adrian (11) @ Elmira (6)
    Endicott (5) @ Middlebury (2)
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95

Quote Originally Posted by spwood View Post
    If the season ended today, we'd have our old Elmira/Adrian game in the NCAAs again. From my analysis the game should definitely be a first round game as they would be the #8 and #6 seeds in this tournament. If the NCAA pushed them to the QF round, that would force the #4 and #7 teams to play in the first round. I suspect that's what the NCAA would do. I came up with the following (PWR ranking):

UW River Falls (7) @ Gustavus Adolphus (4)
    Manhattanville (34) @ Norwich (13)

Quarterfinals:

Manhattanville / Norwich winner @ Plattsburgh (1)
    UW - River Falls / GAC winner @ UW Eau Claire (3)
    Adrian (11) @ Elmira (6)
    Endicott (5) @ Middlebury (2)
    If Elmira comes up with the Pool A it looks like Amherst, Colby or Hamline would be the contenders for the next Pool C. Current PWR it would be Amherst.

Thread Information