Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 D-III games / scores

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
    Elmira completed the comeback and finished off Manhattanville 5-3.

With today's results the field is:

Pool A's:
    CHC: Endicott
    MIAC: Gustavus Adolphus
    NCHA: Adrian
    NEHC: Norwich
    NESCAC: Amherst
    NEWHL: Plattsburgh
    UCHC: Elmira

Pool C's:
    Middlebury
    UW-Eau Claire
    UW-River Falls

I think the bracket will shape up to:

First round:
    Norwich @ Amherst
    GAC @ River Falls

QFs:
    Norwich/Amherst @ Plattsburgh
    Endicott @ Middlebury
    GAC/RF @ UW-Eau Claire
    Adrian @ Elmira
    I think you're right on the money. With Elmira in, it took all the potential different scenarios out of play as Adrian and Elmira have to meet.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Any idea on if Eau Claire or Endicott will be treated as the 3rd seed and potentially avoid Plattsburgh until the championship?

Comment

Originally posted by D3WomensHockey View Post
        Any idea on if Eau Claire or Endicott will be treated as the 3rd seed and potentially avoid Plattsburgh until the championship?
        Endicott has the better RPI, which means (since the two teams didn't play in the regular season) that Endicott would take the head to head comparison with UWEC.
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Sour grapes here but River Falls and Gustavus playing first round seems unfortunate. I’m sure many other teams can say the same thing in previous years.

Edit: It’s not a perfect system but the top 9 teams in Pairwise got in the tournament, so I should quit complaining.
          Last edited by D3WomensHockey; 03-08-2020, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by D3WomensHockey View Post
            Sour grapes here but River Falls and Gustavus playing first round seems unfortunate. I’m sure many other teams can say the same thing in previous years.

Edit: It’s not a perfect system but the top 9 teams in Pairwise got in the tournament, so I should quit complaining.
            It's unfair but so was Plattsburgh being in the first round as the 2 seed last year, and they made it work.

If a program is going to be the champions, they have to beat whoever is in front of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
              It's unfair but so was Plattsburgh being in the first round as the 2 seed last year, and they made it work.

If a program is going to be the champions, they have to beat whoever is in front of them.
              Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                Endicott has the better RPI, which means (since the two teams didn't play in the regular season) that Endicott would take the head to head comparison with UWEC.
                Good question. PairWise rankings continue on through the quarterfinals, don’t they? If so, a lot can still change before the Final Four is determined. If not, Endicott would get the nod, but that’s only meaningful if they win their QF.

Somebody let me know if I have it wrong about PairWise still being fluid through next weekend. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatGirlCanPlay View Post
                  Good question. PairWise rankings continue on through the quarterfinals, don’t they? If so, a lot can still change before the Final Four is determined. If not, Endicott would get the nod, but that’s only meaningful if they win their QF.

Somebody let me know if I have it wrong about PairWise still being fluid through next weekend. Thanks.

My understanding is that once they have the conference call to determine seeding and the bracket, the seeds are what governs and not any changes to PWR from the first round games.

PWR may still be calculated but the bracket will be the bracket.

Comment

My understanding is that once they have the conference call to determine seeding and the bracket, the seeds are what governs and not any changes to PWR from the first round games.

That makes sense. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatGirlCanPlay View Post

As soon as the tournament is set, the brackets are set. There is no "reseeding." All NCAA tournaments use fixed brackets (unlike the way most league tournaments are run). You can calculate the RPI and PWR, but it won't change who plays who once the tournament starts.
                      Last edited by NUProf; 03-08-2020, 08:15 PM.
                      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

As Prof said, the bracket is fixed. Once the pairings come out, everything is fixed except who hosts subsequent rounds. Since the field is so small, for D3 women's hockey, the only things up in the air are who hosts the final four, or if all four first-round games are in the same pod, who hosts the quarterfinal in that pod.

Comment

• Link to selection show???

Comment

Seems to me like they threw Adrian and Elmira in Plattsburgh’s side as a way to even things out with them both going straight to the quarterfinals. I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
                              Link to selection show???
                              https://www.ncaa.com/news/icehockey-...selection-show

It's not working for me, but sometimes my company blocks these sort of things.
                              Russell Jaslow
                              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by D3WomensHockey View Post
                                Seems to me like they threw Adrian and Elmira in Plattsburgh’s side as a way to even things out with them both going straight to the quarterfinals. I could be wrong.
                                Curve ball: Amherst and Norwich in the play-in game to then play Plattsburgh. Adrian v Elmira in QF to fill out the top half of the bracket.

RF v GAC in the play-in game everyone expected. Middlebury v Endicott in other QF.

Comment

Working...
                                X