Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019-20 D-III games / scores

After 2 periods. Plattsburgh 3 ..Oswego 0

BUT Oswego completely outplayed Plattsburgh in the 2nd. Oswego outshot Plattsburgh 12-6

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
      After 2 periods. Plattsburgh 3 ..Oswego 0

BUT Oswego completely outplayed Plattsburgh in the 2nd. Oswego outshot Plattsburgh 12-6
      Final 3-0 Plattsburgh

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Hi folks,

can anyone help out: is there a requirement that teams stream their games or is it just so common that those who don't are the exception?

Comment

Originally posted by GTOWN View Post
          Hi folks,

can anyone help out: is there a requirement that teams stream their games or is it just so common that those who don't are the exception?
          It is not a requirement. Most school do it so out of town fans can watch.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by GTOWN View Post
            Hi folks,

Not required. It’s certainly become the norm in the industry though. In my opinion, in the near future you might see schools start to swing towards a pay to play model though and try and monetize a product they’ve been giving away for free, especially on the men’s side. Not sure how many Division III women’s team charge admission. Norwich used to but stopped a few years ago and Plattsburgh did as well but they got a sponsor to underwrite it and make games free this year.
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Looking at the Hamline/UWS box score from Friday night. What the heck happened in the last minute? Hamline up 1-0 scores an empty net goal with 50 seconds left and the Superior scores two even strength goals in the last 50 seconds to tie it? I guess go Jackets!?
              UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
              NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
              Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                Looking at the Hamline/UWS box score from Friday night. What the heck happened in the last minute? Hamline up 1-0 scores an empty net goal with 50 seconds left and the Superior scores two even strength goals in the last 50 seconds to tie it? I guess go Jackets!?

The game is archived...you can go watch it for free..just did myself...scroll forward to the last min

Comment

As a second year program Anna Maria is becoming more competitive with each game. Our girls compete hard for Coach Cox, however what I witnessed this past weekend by the coaching staff from Nazareth College was totally classless. Having won both games 8-0 and 9-0 the staff continued to put their top power play line out the entire time. This is truly classless as well as watching the staff celebrate after every goal. Doesn't look good for that program and hopefully it happens to them some game.

Comment

Originally posted by GoCadetsGo View Post
                    As a second year program Anna Maria is becoming more competitive with each game. Our girls compete hard for Coach Cox, however what I witnessed this past weekend by the coaching staff from Nazareth College was totally classless. Having won both games 8-0 and 9-0 the staff continued to put their top power play line out the entire time. This is truly classless as well as watching the staff celebrate after every goal. Doesn't look good for that program and hopefully it happens to them some game.
                    Knowing the coaching staff at Nazareth I disagree with your statement that they are classless. Quite the opposite. They are a new program too. Its very early in the season in DIII - they should be working on their power play. So you are saying that they played their top power play line for the entirety of every penalty? Sounds very unlikely but even if they did, so what? Sounds more like your feelings were hurt. Should they have gone to the 5 pass rule and stopped shooting? Its big girl hockey. Shows more respect to an opponent to continue to play hard than to patronize them in my humble opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
                      Knowing the coaching staff at Nazareth I disagree with your statement that they are classless. Quite the opposite. They are a new program too. Its very early in the season in DIII - they should be working on their power play. So you are saying that they played their top power play line for the entirety of every penalty? Sounds very unlikely but even if they did, so what? Sounds more like your feelings were hurt. Should they have gone to the 5 pass rule and stopped shooting? Its big girl hockey. Shows more respect to an opponent to continue to play hard than to patronize them in my humble opinion.
                      Agreed. My daughter has been on the "bad" side of those games (too many in fact) and she readily admits that she hates it when the other team stops playing. It is degrading and even more embarrassing to her when teams don't play as if the score is close.
                      Last edited by DDad16; 11-12-2019, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
                        Not about anyones feelings getting hurt merely an observation. You got 3 or 4 other lines that could be used in those situations instead of trying to embarrass your opponent and run up the score.

Comment

Originally posted by GoCadetsGo View Post
                          Not about anyones feelings getting hurt merely an observation. You got 3 or 4 other lines that could be used in those situations instead of trying to embarrass your opponent and run up the score.
                          When the Cards were blowing out Oswego on Friday night they chose to mix up lines as opposed to swapping defensemen for forwards (other than 2 skaters who are D and F on the roster but have been playing the other position to start the year). Far better to mix up lines and experiment this early in the year than to stop playing or just keep pouring it on. But for a young program like Naz there's something to be said to keep getting reps together.

Comment

Norwich Beats Endicott 6-2 tonight in Kreitzberg.

Balance continues to be the theme for the Cadets this season. Who would have guessed McGovern and Conway would each have one point 3 games into the season?

Sedlar, Holstad-Berge, Guay line has been a handful early.
                            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Plattsburgh and Potsdam tied at 1 with 4 minutes and change left in the 3rd

Edit: Plattsburgh heading to the power play with around 2 minutes left. Shots are 53 to 8 Plattsburgh.

Edit 2: Potsdam hangs on to kill the penalty and take it into OT.

Edit 3: Plattsburgh wins it in OT. The Bears take the Cardinals into OT for the first time in series history and the one goal margin is the smallest loss the Bears ever had against the defending champs. Previously record was multiple games where the margin was 3.

Final shot count should be around 60 to 8. The live stats stopped updating once we reached OT and I only saw two or three shots before the shot that won it.
                              Last edited by Scott_TG; 11-13-2019, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                                Plattsburgh and Potsdam tied at 1 with 4 minutes and change left in the 3rd

Edit: Plattsburgh heading to the power play with around 2 minutes left. Shots are 53 to 8 Plattsburgh.

Edit 2: Potsdam hangs on to kill the penalty and take it into OT.

Edit 3: Plattsburgh wins it in OT. The Bears take the Cardinals into OT for the first time in series history and the one goal margin is the smallest loss the Bears ever had against the defending champs. Previously record was multiple games where the margin was 3.

Final shot count should be around 60 to 8. The live stats stopped updating once we reached OT and I only saw two or three shots before the shot that won it.
                                Good teams learn how to win "trap" games.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Working...
                                X