Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Il suo un grande giorno per essere un Laker 2019 - 2020

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
    You obviously didnt get my point. When a team is averaging the amount of penalties/penalty minutes per game, it's not JUST horrible officiating. Yes, officiating has become worse, but sometimes one can only look in the mirror. If we were talking about a team who was Top 5 in LEAST penalty minutes per game, you might have a more valid point. When your team is in the Top 25 in penalty minutes, the argument of "bad officiating" has less merit. And yes I say the same thing about Plattsburgh. They've become very undisciplined in the few games I have been able to watch. When I said sympathy it was more geared to the fact that refs are not going to let things slide (as much) for a team who is in the top 25 in penalty minutes compared to a team in the Top 25 fewest penalty minutes. As I said, when you're averaging the amount of penalty minutes Oswego is (and Plattsburgh for that matter) you should probably look in the mirror first before pointing a finger at the refs. And believe me, you Laker fans are nothing compared to the whinning I've seen from Cardinal fans this year about blown calls, no goals, blah blah blah...
    10-4 all better..good luck with your kids team.

Comment

Officiating is what it is. If the guidance is to call more penalties for slashing, hooking, etc. it may change the game, but mostly to the benefit of the offense - more penalties for the opponents of teams that don't learn and more offensive opportunities otherwise. In general, we would expect the extra calls to go against both teams, but a team that racks up a lot of penalties is getting more than borderline calls against them. It stinks (and always has) when you see what you think is a ticky-tack call against your team, while a slew foot or hit from behind is missed on the other team, but that is the way things have always been. It's not new. The line between acceptable and unacceptable has moved, but it has moved for both teams.
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Officials be dmned or impeached or whatever.....24 hours and change before its #1 vs #2 for the second time. Genny is cruising although doesn't appear as unstoppable as last year. Oswego play/record has got everyone scratching heads. With no ranked wins, this game, at home, huge for OZ.

Comment

Classes at Oswego cancelled for today. Anyone know if the hockey game will still be a go? Might have to stay home and watch on the computer, 8-12" expected by later tonight.

Comment

Can't imagine they'll play a game if classes are cancelled, but who knows. Stay safe everyone.
            #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by Laker89 View Post
              Classes at Oswego cancelled for today. Anyone know if the hockey game will still be a go? Might have to stay home and watch on the computer, 8-12" expected by later tonight.
              Canceled for incoming snow WOW what a difference when I was there,seemed like we walked to classes in 2 feet of snow...barefoot...uphill...both ways..hope they get the game in..

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                Canceled for incoming snow WOW what a difference when I was there,seemed like we walked to classes in 2 feet of snow...barefoot...uphill...both ways..hope they get the game in..
                Here you go - from Oz Twitter - Hold off till Sunday Laker fans. Our game has been canceled tonight, but rescheduled for Sunday at 6:00pm. Be safe this weekend and can’t wait to see and hear you all Sunday evening!
                LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Reminds me of the Geneseo-Oswego game I went to at the Campus Center in 2007. The roads were canyons between 10 foot snow piles on either side. Never seen anything like it before or since!
                  #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                    Reminds me of the Geneseo-Oswego game I went to at the Campus Center in 2007. The roads were canyons between 10 foot snow piles on either side. Never seen anything like it before or since!
                    It was incredible. We had 3.5 days of school cancelled that week.
                    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

you forgot the add in the hung-over part

Comment

• Can't remember how many games I went to at Romney by foot where it was just about white out conditions. Always had to have a bottle of antifreeze at the games too. Well maybe a big storm is what the Lakers need. It has not been Lakers weather.
                        Oswego'88

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                          Here you go - from Oz Twitter - Hold off till Sunday Laker fans. Our game has been canceled tonight, but rescheduled for Sunday at 6:00pm. Be safe this weekend and can’t wait to see and hear you all Sunday evening!
                          Should I feel guilty for being selfishly glad? I decided not to deal with the snowy, windy drive and was not going to go to the game tonight, which I really wanted to see.

Now, I can go! The driving weather on Sunday should be no problem at all.

The Brockport at Cortland and Canton at Morrisville games have also been postponed. Both are rescheduled for Tuesday, February 18.
                          Russell Jaslow
                          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                            Should I feel guilty for being selfishly glad? I decided not to deal with the snowy, windy drive and was not going to go to the game tonight, which I really wanted to see.

Now, I can go! The driving weather on Sunday should be no problem at all.

The Brockport at Cortland and Canton at Morrisville games have also been postponed. Both are rescheduled for Tuesday, February 18.
                            Well if ya didn't go at least you could have watched the game on the best feed in D3 hockey ...WTOP Oswego,hands down the best I have seen,with no extra $$$$ to see a top notch feed and student Pros with a GPA,unlike some other schools...Have fun at the game Sunday

Comment

Well if ya didn't go at least you could have watched the game on the best feed in D3 hockey ...WTOP Oswego,hands down the best I have seen,with no extra $$$$ to see a top notch feed and student Pros with a GPA,unlike some other schools...Have fun at the game Sunday
                              No doubt the best feed, coverage, camera angles, etc. in D3 hockey. Very proud of what they do up there in OZ. The arena and the atmosphere ain't bad either. Let's hope we get a good crowd for Sunday's game.

Comment

Watching Brockport video synced to WNYO call - anyone else having issue with WNYO transmission? Seems like Spectrum upstate is having outages due to the weather and its killing continuity of the audio stream...
                                LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Working...
                                X