Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Il suo un grande giorno per essere un Laker 2019 - 2020

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    yes pretty even game just didn't like the fact they jumped out to a 2-0 lead and we chased the rest of the game at home...At The Ira will be a little different,we have to take the crowd out and not fall behind 2-0 or MAY be lights out?? That said we are 8-1-1 in our last 10 and playing our best hockey,mostly on the defensive side,the most goals we have let up was the 5 vs. Genny with the ENG,after that 2 was the most in the last 10...Discipline will be a big key and with 13 seniors I hope to see some...Go lakers..
    Drafty you are correct, but you failed to mention the team of stripes. They have been very kind to Genny over the last several years and I hope they do not factor into the game at all but I highly doubt it. Kool K better have the game of his life in goal and the dmen best keep the front of the net clear. I would like to see a physical game to slow Genny down but the way officiating has been they want to call a women's game which favors Genny.
    Oswego'88

Comment

Keys to the game: play tight D, lockdown game by Koz, score one more goal that Genny, get good game from the guys in the striped shirts. Isn't sad that the last key even has to be a factor? I hope the players get a chance to decide this one.

Comment

Something cool to chew on. Who do the posters out there think are the top 5 (or 10 for that matter) SUNYAC teams of all time by season? It would be interesting to see the responses. Anyway, should be a great weekend of D3 hockey across the board. Some great matchups. Seems like, for the most part, the cream rose to the top in most conferences. Should be fun!

Comment

• Originally posted by Laker89 View Post
          Keys to the game: play tight D, lockdown game by Koz, score one more goal that Genny, get good game from the guys in the striped shirts. Isn't sad that the last key even has to be a factor? I hope the players get a chance to decide this one.
          I get the sense that the only reason Oswego has ever lost a game is because the refs are out to get them lol. Yes refs make bad calls and miss calls they should have made but why does every game recap or pregame discussion on this thread revolve around the refs? At some point if your team is taking a ton of penalties they can’t all be on the ref.

Also every team this year that has tried to play a “physical” game against Geneseo has lost because they are too focused on the big hit than stopping the puck, which also results in more penalties because you are behind the play trying to save yourself. If you can skate with them and keep the shots outside you give yourself a great chance. A hot goalie doesn’t hurt either.

Hoping for a good game Saturday. I would expect it to be very similar to the game played in Oswego in February.

Comment

Originally posted by DIIIFan View Post
            Drafty you are correct, but you failed to mention the team of stripes. They have been very kind to Genny over the last several years and I hope they do not factor into the game at all but I highly doubt it. Kool K better have the game of his life in goal and the dmen best keep the front of the net clear. I would like to see a physical game to slow Genny down but the way officiating has been they want to call a women's game which favors Genny.
            Oswego'88
            yea it looked like the zebras wanted to get involved in the Platty game,Zizek/Allen so they called a few questionable ones for sure....Agree we would want to slow Genny down but again the zebras don't like that and will hurt us in the end if we get to physical,sorry to say...Yes gotta be very aggressive IFO our net,that seems to be the place where the zebras let the kids play tough hockey...Lets get ready to rumble should be a great game..

Comment

Originally posted by IceKnights20 View Post
              I get the sense that the only reason Oswego has ever lost a game is because the refs are out to get them lol. Yes refs make bad calls and miss calls they should have made but why does every game recap or pregame discussion on this thread revolve around the refs? At some point if your team is taking a ton of penalties they can’t all be on the ref.

Also every team this year that has tried to play a “physical” game against Geneseo has lost because they are too focused on the big hit than stopping the puck, which also results in more penalties because you are behind the play trying to save yourself. If you can skate with them and keep the shots outside you give yourself a great chance. A hot goalie doesn’t hurt either.

Hoping for a good game Saturday. I would expect it to be very similar to the game played in Oswego in February.
              Not even close but when the refs want to let the players and the crowd know that they are on the ice by calling crap/ticy tac pens then its a problem....If you don't know the refs name at the end of the game they have done their jobs,I think Lakers fans are into all aspects of the game and when the refs who are usually behind the action become to noticeable then we get,unhappy….p.s. we lost most of our game due to the fact that the other teams scored more goals than us..

Comment

Originally posted by Laker89 View Post
                Keys to the game: score one more goal that Genny
                That's usually how it works...
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                  That's usually how it works...
                  problem is genny scores in boat loads...……….like we used to do

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                    yea it looked like the zebras wanted to get involved in the Platty game,Zizek/Allen so they called a few questionable ones for sure....Agree we would want to slow Genny down but again the zebras don't like that and will hurt us in the end if we get to physical,sorry to say...Yes gotta be very aggressive IFO our net,that seems to be the place where the zebras let the kids play tough hockey...Lets get ready to rumble should be a great game..
                    Am I looking at the wrong stat sheet? Nope, right sheet! BOTH teams had 5 penalties for 10 minutes and both 1 for 4 on the power play. How did the refs take away from the game?

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                      Am I looking at the wrong stat sheet? Nope, right sheet! BOTH teams had 5 penalties for 10 minutes and both 1 for 4 on the power play. How did the refs take away from the game?
                      Silly you. Oswego never commits penalties. Only refs do...
                      Russell Jaslow
                      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Your penalties were brutal attacks that violated rules!!! Our penalties were fictional events conjured up by zebras commies from Vermont!!! (sometimes I just crack myself up)
                        LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

wasn't referring to Platty at all and a lack of calls on them ,was stating my opinion on the sh*t calls I thought were made,last time I checked I think this is OK to do???...p.s. also thought a few Platty pens were bull

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                            wasn't referring to Platty at all and a lack of calls on them ,was stating my opinion on the sh*t calls I thought were made,last time I checked I think this is OK to do???...p.s. also thought some of the Platty pens were bull
                            Have a nice weekend all..

Comment

Oswego penalties are fake news, but too many infractions by the other side are ignored.
                              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Listen, I would rather live on the streets than take a job as a hockey ref or even a baseball umpire for that matter. I certainly don't want to be one of those observers that blames everything that goes wrong with my team on the officiating. I like to see the games called even/correct for both teams on the ice. I'd like to think that I'm the type that shows respect for the opponent, win or lose. As a Laker fan and alum I'm in awe by what teams like Geneseo, Utica, Norwich, Hobart, Adrian, UWSP, etc. have been able to accomplish not only this year but in past years as well. Norwich and teams like them have certainly set the bar pretty high which I think is a great motivator for other programs. It's nice to go to games, where on most nights, no matter how good your team is the other team has a shot to upset you. Conferences go through ups and downs as far as success from top to bottom but I think the competition is pretty good throughout the season. Like Gosek always says, 'winning requires hard work no matter who your playing, you can't take anything for granted.' I hope it's a good night of hockey tonight and the players have more to do with the outcomes than anyone else in the arena. Gotta love playoff hockey. Good luck to all the teams involved!

Comment

Working...
                                X