Il suo un grande giorno per essere un Laker 2019 - 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Il suo un grande giorno per essere un Laker 2019 - 2020

All great points about the stats and scoring stuff. Some amazing numbers put up by some guys back then that's for sure. I think also that the games are called so much tighter by the refs today. Seemed like when I was going to Romney (freezing my a** off in the 80's) that the players got away with a lot more which opened up the scoring opportunities a little more. Might also be true that the talent on each team is deeper so the points are spread out more throughout the roster. The games are still exciting but it seems like every push, shove, or tug is called a penalty. P.S. - Did Lake Forest come out of nowhere or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Laker89 View Post
      All great points about the stats and scoring stuff. Some amazing numbers put up by some guys back then that's for sure. I think also that the games are called so much tighter by the refs today. Seemed like when I was going to Romney (freezing my a** off in the 80's) that the players got away with a lot more which opened up the scoring opportunities a little more. Might also be true that the talent on each team is deeper so the points are spread out more throughout the roster. The games are still exciting but it seems like every push, shove, or tug is called a penalty. P.S. - Did Lake Forest come out of nowhere or what?
      If players are allowed to get away with a lot more, it should lower scoring. Because the defense can slow down the offense by holding, interfering, hooking, etc. A.K.A., the NJ Devils, who single handily caused NHL scoring to nosedive. No way does an offense gain that sort of an advantage by getting away with a lot more.

Plus, if everything is called a penalty, that means more power plays which usually translates to more scoring.
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

A win is a win is a win. We’ll take it at this point with February just a few hours away. On to P’dam. One game at a time. Survive and advance mentality from here on out.

Comment

Freshman Alex Dicarlo nets 2 tonight. Got a couple against Elmira, one against Canton. X2 assists. Might say we can build on kids like this.
          Last edited by OZFEST; 01-31-2020, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
            If players are allowed to get away with a lot more, it should lower scoring. Because the defense can slow down the offense by holding, interfering, hooking, etc. A.K.A., the NJ Devils, who single handily caused NHL scoring to nosedive. No way does an offense gain that sort of an advantage by getting away with a lot more.

Plus, if everything is called a penalty, that means more power plays which usually translates to more scoring.
            Absolutely.

The game is being called by the actual rules now (well, usually) and that results in a much better experience, any way you slice it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
              Absolutely.

The game is being called by the actual rules now (well, usually) and that results in a much better experience, any way you slice it.
              The refs called the games by the "actual rules" back in the day. The refs of today's games are instructed to call a different game by the NCAA. It does not translate to a better game. What translates to a better refing team on the ice is the officials who can be consistent and to be able to keep up with the flow of the game.
              Oswego'88

Comment

A win at the Ronnie B is always a good win...we looked good with moments of great. The penalties to close out the game is most likely the topic at breakfast this am. Killing 6 penalties and scoring 2x on power play is marked improvement. ENG helped lower blood pressure. Looking for them to build On this in Potsdam tonight...Friday’s matchup with Genny at the Wheelhaus looms huge for SUNYAC seeding. Survive and Advance. Every game is a playoff game for the rest of the season. Go Lakers.
                LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

I like LEL,would not pay for the upgrade,what a letdown after WTOP for our home games....Also agree a win at the Ronnie b is a good win,we took the crowd out early and only a few pens at the end got them back in,refs did their best and we helped as well...Who was surprised to see Killer K in the net?? Me to. He did a great job,not many top quality chances that I could see on the sh*t feed,but there when needed.Special teams a big factor,win that battle and a W is usually not far off.Dicarlo with markers nice,looked like Gallati on the PP.We blocked a ton of shots and won some important faceoffs.Lewis the new kid grinds but gatta watch the PIM's,cant hit a player when you see his name on the back...2 more pts tonight will give us a good push for a payback at the Campus Center...Well done Lakers.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker89 View Post
                    Maybe the Lakers can gain some momentum from win over Canton. Coming out strong in the first period after the OT loss to Cortland showed me something. Hopefully that start was fueled by some senior leadership. Anxious to see how the North Country trip goes. Platty, as usual, is playing better as the season wears on. Won't be easy that's for sure. Let's see what team shows up. One game at a time at this point.
                    I don't know about the senior leadership this year, haven't seen it when it counts, (see the Meltdown in Geneseo) Handful of one goal games when we needed the extra push...absent. A freshman and sophomore lead the charge last night. I say, play the kids. Go Lakers.
                    Last edited by OZFEST; 02-01-2020, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
                      I don't know about the senior leadership this year, haven't seen it when it counts, (see the Meltdown in Geneseo) Handful of one goal games when we needed the extra push...absent. A freshman and sophomore lead the charge last night. I say, play the kids. Go Lakers.
                      also got a nice game from Gillespie 1g,3a, 4tps......Do we have a goalie battle/controversy/dustup/donnybrook..????

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                        also got a nice game from Gillespie 1g,3a, 4tps......Do we have a goalie battle/controversy/dustup/donnybrook..????
                        We need an insider for that answer. Coach plays Kozikosk till he loses? Also why not play Hansen?i

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
                          We need an insider for that answer. Coach plays Kozikosk till he loses? Also why not play Hansen?i
                          I know you want a hot goalie going into the playoffs,right around the corner,gonna be tough to sit 2 seniors,ok insider let us know what ya got??

Comment

• Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
                            Well the 2 senior goalies are not doing the job so why not play the future goalie. What needs to really happen is to have the defense play up to their potential. Like the old saying "the goalie is only as good as the defense"
                            I will admit that it was strange not to see one of the senior goalies not in net.
                            Oswego '88

Comment

4 point out of the North Country - well done, boys
                              LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Mission accomplished! Take the points and head home to focus on Friday. Geneseo game should tell a lot about where this team is. Hoping for a 360 degree turn around from last game. Should be interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X